Nexus M ( 2015 ) Smartphone

nexus2cee_wm_6p-2-728x441.png

The black one looks good. Now I just need confirmation it uses an AMOLED display, and what generation.

Maybe get lucky and they used the Note 4 display from last year, which is still a great display.

The Nexus 6 AMOLED on mine was really poor, not sure where those were from, but major yellow, and not bright enough.

Z, you should start a side business setting up customized phones. Buyer ships you the phone, you tweak it for a fee and ship back the Z-phone.

Your Note 5 setup sounds excellent.

Within a few weeks/month of a phones release there is usually a wealth of tutorials/videos on how to do all of that. Heck, some phones developers will build Windows batch scripts that do it for you. There's plenty of help on the XDA forums for just about every device.

I have an S5 and was running the CM12 builds for awhile, loved the stock performance (a lot more free ram), but Samsung withholds certain drivers so certain things never fully work right. Such as with Bluetooth audio you'd get a crackle - not a problem until I switched to Jaybird X2's earbuds for working out.

So, I'm guessing you can't put this phone in a case unless you're willing to forego using the fingerprint scanner?

Pretty sure cases made for it will have an opening to access the fingerprint sensor kind of like the camera opening.

How can you say those Bezels are too big...? They are pretty small, also remember the smaller Bezels go, the less rigidity your phone has. Last thing I need is a phone that has weak sides and the screen breaks...

So, I'm guessing you can't put this phone in a case unless you're willing to forego using the fingerprint scanner?

Why would you make that guess? There's absolutely no way a case manufacurer would produce a case that would completely eliminate a pretty big feature of a phone.

The design of the Nexus 5X (at least the back) reminds me a lot of the Nokia Lumia 925, especially that camera bump. That's not a bad thing, since the Lumia 925 was awesome.

Pretty much every detail has been leaked. Specs are okay, nothing impressive, bunch of the same snapdragons on other phones.

Just waiting on the 5X pricing and carrier/Verizon compatibility before I decide on the Moto X Pure I think.

Same here. I'd like to think they are going to be compatible with every carrier like the Nexus 6 was, but who knows.

I'm conflicted. I have a developer note 4 but I want something smaller and I was planing to go with a nexus 5, but so far it seems like a downgrade it pretty much all aspects except for software support.

This 6P shaping up to be a pretty sweet Nexus. Maybe the best Android phone of the year, right next to the Note 5.

3,450mAh battery on the 6P, and with Android 6.0 "Doze" feature that's supposed extend standby time, and then with some tweaked kernel and good ROM, this beast could get 7h Screen On time.

My rooted and ROM'd tweaked T-Mobile Note 5 is giving me 6h Screen On time, and it only has a 3,000mAh battery.

Size wise the Nexus 6P should be the overall same in hand feel as the iPhone 6S Plus, and Galaxy Note 5. So if your comfortable with those, this will be approx. same footprint.

Now, is the 6P worth giving up my Note 5 for ?

The stock on these is pretty much guaranteed to be horrible, if history repeats itself, right?

I cannot wait for the comparison reviews between the Note 5 vs. Nexus 6P. These two are very similar and yet very different.

IMO the Note 5 and 6P will be the top two dogs of 2015 for best phones of the year.

Curious the battery life on the 6P ? Yes it has a nice huge battery, but the SD810 is known to be a battery hog, will be interesting.

I cannot wait for the comparison reviews between the Note 5 vs. Nexus 6P. These two are very similar and yet very different.

IMO the Note 5 and 6P will be the top two dogs of 2015 for best phones of the year.

Curious the battery life on the 6P ? Yes it has a nice huge battery, but the SD810 is known to be a battery hog, will be interesting.

Its possible Huawei will downclock the 810 to improve battery life, like what LG is rumored to be doing with the 808 in the 5X.

Been using a Nexus 4 forever so I think this maybe my new phone. The 6 is to big IMO and I am sure the 6P (What a dumb name) will be roughly the same size.

It's a nexus and people expect 7 hours of screen on time, hahahahahahaha

Project fi can kiss my ass, I requested a invite months ago and haven't heard a thing about it. Just take my money already google

wow, it's pretty disappointing they went with the SD810.

I don't want a phone with that SoC....

I guess I'm waiting for SD820. M10? Hmm...

The Nexus 6P has a HUGE battery :) But needs it due to the SD810 :( Which is very power hungry and a drainer. So don't expect off the charts best battery life phone of 2015, not with the 810, this will be another average battery life phone.

Look at the OnePlus Two, it has a 3300mAh battery and only a 1080p screen, but with the SD810 it gets mediocre battery life. Now imagine a 1440p display.

wow, it's pretty disappointing they went with the SD810.

I don't want a phone with that SoC....

I guess I'm waiting for SD820. M10? Hmm...

The Nexus 6P has a HUGE battery :) But needs it due to the SD810 :( Which is very power hungry and a drainer. So don't expect off the charts best battery life phone of 2015, not with the 810, this will be another average battery life phone.

Look at the OnePlus Two, it has a 3300mAh battery and only a 1080p screen, but with the SD810 it gets mediocre battery life. Now imagine a 1440p display.

Uh guys...it isn't the 810 original known as a battery hog...it is a new revision.

Uh guys...it isn't the 810 original known as a battery hog...it is a new revision.

The new revision just has memory improvements. The issues with throttling are still VERY much there... I don't want a phone that throttles (that much...). No thanks.

The new revision just has memory improvements. The issues with throttling are still VERY much there... I don't want a phone that throttles (that much...). No thanks.

You realise that all phones throttle...right? You know that your "2.7gHz" CPU lives most of its life at 300mHz.

The 6P sounds interesting, let's see how sensible the pricing is..

Currently have a Nexus5 and the 5x, seems like a decent improvement too.

The SD810's problem comes mainly from a shit cpu and a bloated gpu, a revision isn't going to fix it the thing needs a complete retooling plus a shrink.

The 808 makes much more sense in this case with a cut down cpu and gpu like what's in the LG G3.

The SD810's problem comes mainly from a shit cpu and a bloated gpu, a revision isn't going to fix it the thing needs a complete retooling plus a shrink.

The 808 makes much more sense in this case with a cut down cpu and gpu like what's in the LG G3.

Exactly. The SD810 needs to be under clocked by manufacturers to run smoothly without over heating. Thus performance is really no better than the 805. And it is more of a battery drainer than other recent processors. The 808 would have made more sense, but for some reason that's viewed as the "budget processor"

Only other option would be to delay the Nexus 6P till January and release it with the brand new much batter SD820. IMO they should have done that.

Back