Nexus M ( 2015 ) Smartphone

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts as well. If that is indeed the phone. If it's the 808, it could be a bit cheaper.

Per like a dozen Android sites yesterday, Sept 2nd, 2015, the rumored spec's below for both phones. A lower end budget Nexus, and a high end luxury Nexus.

LG Nexus 5X spec's;
$400 / $450
- Snapdragon 808
- 3GB RAM
- 5.2" LCD Screen
- 1080p
- 2,700mAh battery
- Dual front facing speakers
- Plastic build

Huawei Nexus 6X spec's;
$650 / $700
- Snapdragon 810
- 4GB RAM
- 5.7" AMOLED Display
- 1440p
- 3,300mAh battery
- Dual front facing speakers
- Metal build like HTC One line

Last edited:
It will be $399 and $449 respectively for the Nexus 5X. It is more of the "Budget friendly" Nexus phone this year, with good specs, but not top of the line super specs.

It is all rumor at this point. Especially the part I bolded.

Anything is "budget friendly" compared to the $1000USD Samsung flagships.

Yeah, there's no way the specs in that render are true. Biggest giveaway is the AMOLED QHD display. No way LG would be using that and no way it would still be under $600 with that.

Exclusive: LG’s Nexus 5X coming September 29 for around $400
http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-nexus-5x-release-price-leak-639306/

Perhaps the most important detail we gleaned from our source is the price of the Nexus 5X: the device will be affordable, but not as affordable as the original Nexus 5. The Nexus 5X will cost $50 more than the Nexus 5, according to our source. That means we can expect a starting point of $399 for the 16GB model and $449 for the 32GB model.

(Update: some specs) Huawei Nexus leaks again in hands-on pictures
http://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-nexus-hands-on-leak-636415/

Huawei Nexus unit disguised inside a protective plastic cover – the boot screen shown in one of the images reveals (or rather confirms) some of the key specs of the Huawei-made Nexus: Snapdragon 810 processor, 3GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage. Other hardware specifications for the Huawei Nexus suggest that the phone could come with a QHD (2560×1440) resolution 5.7-inch display.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's no way the specs in that render are true. Biggest giveaway is the AMOLED QHD display. No way LG would be using that and no way it would still be under $600 with that.

That is an older render, with outdated spec's, I posted that below the pic. The truer more realistic spec's are what I wrote above.

Nexus 5 2015: Major leak reveals pricing, confirms release date
http://bgr.com/2015/09/03/nexus-5-2015-leak-pricing-release-date/

Google plans to unveil the new Nexus, which will be “probably” called the Nexus 5X, on September 29th. Even better, the source says the new device will be priced starting at $400, which means it will be quite affordable for a flagship device.

Google will start selling both the Nexus 5X and the new Huawei-made Nexus phablet on the Google Play Store on the same day as their announcement as well.

The most recent leaks about the 2015 Nexus 5 indicate the device will feature a 5.2-inch Full HD display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor and Andreno 418 GPU, 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of storage, a 12.3-megapixel rear-facing camera, 5-megapixel front-facing camera, a USB Type-C connector (either USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 connectivity), 2,700 mAh battery and Android 6.0.

I hope the Huawei doesn't actually look like shit; it's the only vanilla Android phone that is coming out with an AMOLED display.

Now I remember what the Huawei reminds me of. Maybe for Android R Google can partner with Remington.

remingtonpivotfoilshaverf4790.jpg

20150824155811.jpg

My nexus 6 is getting a bit long in the tooth. I hope these are available soon after announcements :)

Great deal: Nexus 6 on sale for $349 (32GB) and $399 (64GB) on Amazon!
http://www.androidauthority.com/deal-nexus-6-on-sale-amazon-639674/

I know the Nexus 6 is old news, but for $349, that really is a great deal. And brings up a good point, in smartphones a year after it's release. This year the upgrades from last year have NOT been a massive improvement.

The budget friendly Nexus 5X might be a downgrade from the Nexus 6, or side-grade at best, and will cost $450. And the upcoming high end Hauwei Nexus 6X will cost $650/$700, and it's not that much batter than the current Nexus 6, the new 6X will get the Snapdragon 810 :( same 1440p screen, same 3GB RAM, and all else being pretty much the same. Now if the new Hauwei Nexus 6X had the Snapdragon 820, that alone would be worth it, but it has the ridiculed 810.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
New photo and info on the LG model:

Earlier today, we told you that the new Nexus 5 (2015) could be called the Nexus 5X and come with a price tag of $399 for 16GB of storage, and $449 for 32GB of storage. The new Nexus models are expected to be unveiled on September 29th. That includes the LG made Nexus 5X and the Huawei Nexus 6.

We've seen renders before, allegedly showing off the Nexus 5X. Today, a new photograph has surfaced that shows a little more than half of the front of the phone. And we have to say that it looks very much like the aforementioned renders that we saw of the device last month.

Some specs were also mentioned with the photo. The handset will be equipped with the Snapdragon 808 SoC, which means it will carry a hexa-core CPU and the Adreno 418 GPU. 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM is inside and there is a 12.3MP rear camera. On front, you will find a 5MP snapper ready to take selfies and host video chats, and there will be a fingerprint scanner allowing the device to work with Android Pay. Lastly, the Nexus 5X will feature a plastic build. We imagine that Android 6.0 will be pre-installed on the phone. Earlier rumors suggested that the handset will sport a 5.2-inch screen with a 1440 x 2560 QHD resolution.

Read more at
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Fron...es-earlier-render_id73390#5WmgAhWeBtCoeWro.99

Link does not work anymore. This was the real deal, that should not have been leaked.

Exactly.

If it has QHD, then I'm skipping the 5.7" and going for the 5.2". I love QHD so much.

At this point, I just need to know about the camera. The N6 camera was complete garbage.

Exactly.

If it has QHD, then I'm skipping the 5.7" and going for the 5.2". I love QHD so much.

At this point, I just need to know about the camera. The N6 camera was complete garbage.

Agrreed, I LOVE my nexus 6 still to this day, running PURE Nexus ROM, with Hells core Kernel, getting 6h Screen On time. But the fucking camera sucks monkey dick, the worst part is the auto focus, or lack thereof. The camera itself takes good pictures, but it can't focus for shit sometimes, thus giving blurry photos too often

Exactly.

Rumor is they nerfed the camera again. I haven't taken a poor photo yet with the N6. I haven't tested the flash in low light much though.

I really wish Google would take a chance and go balls to the wall on a camera for a change. With phones becoming more powerful than they need to be it's the only hardware someone hasn't taken a chance on

Last edited:
Rumor is they nerfed the camera again. I haven't taken a poor photo yet with the N6. I haven't tested the flash in low light much though.

I really wish Google would take a chance and go balls to the wall on a camera for a change. With phones becoming more powerful than they need to be it's the only hardware someone hasn't taken a chance on

Well, there's a few that have. I think both Sony and Samsung had camera phones that were literally P&S cameras with a phone in one. The Microsoft Nokia Lumia phone that had the 48mp(iirc) sensor also tried some new things.

In LCD tech, I dont believe that super high resolutions affect battery life more than OLED tech.

Because the backlight still has to push through each pixel, and you're not lighting up each pixel individually like you are OLED.

BUT higher PPI means that it's more difficult to push light through each pixel, so your backlight has to be brighter relative to a smaller PPI panel emitting the same nit strength.

Keep in mind the Nexus line has always been touted as the developers phone, which means they probably don't care as much about picture quality.

Keep in mind the Nexus line has always been touted as the developers phone, which means they probably don't care as much about picture quality.

And even then a merely "decent" or "mediocre" smartphone camera these days is pretty damned good.

Nexus phones never have a awesome camera. The nexus 5 will be nice for the smaller phone crowd for sure. The huawei phone tho, I just don't see the point of it at all

People who expect their phones to replace a nice DSLR or whatever else confuse the hell out of me... I'm not even into cameras and I know that no matter how much resolution and processing they put in these phones, they'll still have tiny crap lenses. You need a lens of sufficient physical size and quality to produce good looking photographs.

Plus no one wants to see pictures of your food anyway. ;-)

The other specs are way more important. The ones that affect basic performance.

Really hoping this is available to purchase on the Project Fi signup page at the end of the month...

Yet if you compare what you get from a Galaxy S4 from 2 years ago to the Galaxy S6, the difference is night and day (almost literally for low-light images). There's still room for improvement for the casual snapper.

Ideally, a camera should start instantly, take pictures as soon as you touch the shutter and be able to capture even low light images with movement. The current generation of cameras on phones are nearly able to do all that at once.

Nexus phones never have a awesome camera. The nexus 5 will be nice for the smaller phone crowd for sure. The huawei phone tho, I just don't see the point of it at all
The Huawei Nexus 6 is rumored to be using an AMOLED display from Samsung and a Kirin 950 SoC that benchmarks show to be Exynos beating... Yeah, no point to that at all!

People who expect their phones to replace a nice DSLR or whatever else confuse the hell out of me... I'm not even into cameras and I know that no matter how much resolution and processing they put in these phones, they'll still have tiny crap lenses. You need a lens of sufficient physical size and quality to produce good looking photographs.

Plus no one wants to see pictures of your food anyway. ;-)

The other specs are way more important. The ones that affect basic performance.

Really hoping this is available to purchase on the Project Fi signup page at the end of the month...

This is true (although it's important to note that it's not the absolute lens size, but the size relative to the sensor).

However, the reality is that you're much more likely to be carrying your phone than your DSLR or mirrorless cam, and you can't always anticipate when you'll want to take a photo. As such, you still want the best possible image quality out of your phone. That and there are photos that you know would be worthwhile on either device, but are simply easier to take and share on a smartphone.

The Huawei Nexus 6 is rumored to be using an AMOLED display from Samsung and a Kirin 950 SoC that benchmarks show to be Exynos beating... Yeah, no point to that at all!

Where did you see the Kirin 950 SoC? That's pretty much exact opposite of all other reports saying it's Snapdragon 810.

I am surprised at the lack of good leaks on the Huawei Nexus.

The LG Nexus 5X has been photographed, and full specs revealed. It is not 100% real, still rumors. But the LG Nexus leaks have been pretty solid, and seem legit.

But the Huawei is purely rumors so far.

Where did you see the Kirin 950 SoC? That's pretty much exact opposite of all other reports saying it's Snapdragon 810.

I hope this is not the case with the Kirin or even MediaTek for that matter. I've read in quite a few places that the flagship SOCs from them are nothing but benchmark kings: they perform well in given benchmarks, and suck badly in day to day usage.

I'll believe it when I see it. If it beats the exynos then it's going to cost a arm and a leg

I hope this is not the case with the Kirin or even MediaTek for that matter. I've read in quite a few places that the flagship SOCs from them are nothing but benchmark kings: they perform well in given benchmarks, and suck badly in day to day usage.

I'll believe it when I see it. If it beats the exynos then it's going to cost a arm and a leg

Even if it competes with it BFD. It wins over Exynos simply because of the damned closed Exynos drivers Samsung refuses to open up.

Back