Nexus 7 (2013) 16GB - $169.99 Brand New

16gb with no SD card slot kills any interest for me at this point.

Staples is running it for 179.99 this week but they have done that plenty of times and never actually have any in stock at the stores and you cant add to cart on their webpage.

I bought mine for this price refurbished last December and I've never regretted the decision once. I love the thing.

once you realize tablets are a useless gimmick it becomes much easier ;)

I can see a little of where you are coming from. I have a Nexus 10 that is pretty good but has boiled down to only being used on the couch or trips. Where I work the staff insist on using tablets for real work and then lose their minds when it doesn't work as efficiently as the laptop we initially tried to issue them. I think the tablet has a certain purpose and this one for this price is pretty much as good as it gets.

Last edited:
Only thing I use my tablet for is controlling my HTPC or for guests to play stuff on my plex through chromecast, aside from that it just sits on my wireless charger all day. Still glad I got that $100 HP Touchpad.

Crap. It is getting harder and harder to resist deals like this.
Its a lot easier when you realize this IS the normal new price, these sales pop up basically every week.

They are clearing out stock for the Nexus 8. Personally, I'm waiting, as on paper it looks like a big change.

I love my 2013 Nexus 7! You won't regret getting it, and Android is sweet in this form-factor!

Its a lot easier when you realize this IS the normal new price, these sales pop up basically every week.

They are clearing out stock for the Nexus 8. Personally, I'm waiting, as on paper it looks like a big change.

Having not really tracked it or read about what's coming down the way, I appreciate the insight. I will hang out with my Nexus 10 until the 8 hits and see what that is all about.

I bought my 2013 Nexus 7 about 2 months ago and like it a lot. Much better than my previous tablet, a 10" asus transformer. I realized that size isn't everything.

THey are very useful if you can't sit in front of your computer all day.

But there is hardly a reason to upgrade year over year.

Having not really tracked it or read about what's coming down the way, I appreciate the insight. I will hang out with my Nexus 10 until the 8 hits and see what that is all about.
Ah, more leaks released yesterday actually: http://www.gsmarena.com/htcmade_nexus_9_tablet_leaks-news-8834.php

gsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_001.jpg

I thought it was supposed to be 8" and the resolution listed isn't 4:3 so who knows. *shrugs*

I bought my 2013 Nexus 7 about 2 months ago and like it a lot. Much better than my previous tablet, a 10" asus transformer. I realized that size isn't everything.

Ive found if you use it a lot,especially if laying down, the weight of larger tablets gets to be quite annoying. Either your arms get tired or you have your chin touching your sternum.

Ive found if you use it a lot,especially if laying down, the weight of larger tablets gets to be quite annoying. Either your arms get tired or you have your chin touching your sternum.

Yep. I really like my Nexus 7 2013 model, more than I anticipated. I've got two iPads, but I carry around the Nexus a lot more. The smaller form factor makes it great to read Kindle books in bed without making my arm tired, easier to have lying around the couch when watching TV, or carry in your pocket.

I hope Google doesn't abandon the 7-inch market. I own several Kindles (both e-Ink and Fires) and they are great, but because they lack native Google services, I much prefer my Nexus.

I read books quite a bit faster with a tablet. That aside, I agree with you.

My $70 32GB Kobo Arc does all I want and has a better screen than the more expensive Paperwhite and Nook e-readers.

I'm in 80% agreement on this, when we're talking about tablets that lack enough storage to house a large media collection locally (which basically requires a microSD slot at this point in time).

I resisted tablets for years under the same mindset, then finally picked up a NOOK HD+ this past BF for dirt cheap just to test the waters without much of a commitment. I use it with relative frequency for a few things, but mainly in the car and while lounging around for media playback. I almost never use it for anything more involved than media consumption and web browsing, really. Without expandable storage, it would be far less useful, too.

Android/iOS tablets have their niche, but I wouldn't bother paying more than $250 for one, I'd demand expandable storage, and I'd only be interested with a minimum screen size of 8-9". JMHO.

I love AOSP and the Nexus concept, but that and the decent quality hardware are the only things going for the N7 to me. There's not enough difference in size between it and most modern Android flagship phones to bother carrying both, really.

Back