Nexus 6P the honeymoon is over

Cool, hope that fixes it for ya. That's the nice thing about not being locked down, most of the time you can correct an issue yourself, and not be waiting possibly months or never for a carrier/manufacturer update. Which usually just breaks other things anyway.

I'm running the Pure Nexus rom. Love it. Disabled on screen buttons, installed Google now launcher. Pretty much perfection in my book.

Yeah, I still had to wait, after all the radio I am now using is the radio from Android N.
But I see your point, I need to get down and dirty with my phone. Would love to see some screenshots of your set up if you have time.

Yeah, I still had to wait, after all the radio I am now using is the radio from Android N.
But I see your point, I need to get down and dirty with my phone. Would love to see some screenshots of your set up if you have time.

It's nothing special, pretty close to stock. Just with a bunch of extra options/tweaks available to you, which is what Android has been about for me. Little things like a data traffic monitor, extra quick toggles etc. First time I've seen USB tether toggle, awesome for me.

Main thing I like is LMT Launcher/Pie controls. Used them for years. Not built into this ROM, have to download a LMT apk. Allows you to use pop up on screen buttons/gestures. Extremely customizable. Rotates with the phone if you want, and gives you more display space if you remove the default on-screen buttons. I disable the physical buttons on my Tablet.

25547910414_0d2e6f4fff_c.jpg
25547907224_47bfbed2ac_c.jpg
26060206832_5fbddc0fee_c.jpg

Cool stuff. Thanks for posting pics.

Still having good luck with my "fix" THANK GOD.

I was serious about going back to apple, but since saying that I have had to just do a couple things on my wifes 6sPlus and I felt that old Apple HATRED begin to boil.

Well, my beloved 6P after just a few months has finally lost its luster.

The data connection drops all the time. Cannot use streaming music at all without resetting from airplane mode back to reattach or get a new signal.

Sounds like a widespread problem that Google has no intention of fixing. will be calling them about it but I know what that means. the runaround. I don't want a new phone, as I got a perfect phone other than this.

Seems like it may be related to Android updates.

Oh well, back to samsung or apple I guess. Thanks google.

I would do a factory reset. I'm on 6.0.1 as well and have none of the issues you have reported.

Well, looks like I may be holding on to the One m8 a little longer.

I have both, I just replaced the battery and charging port in my M8 (Died from heavy use I guess). The 6P is a much better phone over all. Although I'm one of those weird people who loved the m8's camera (I end up taking a lot of macros in lower light). Outdoors the 6P's camera is certainly better, but I can't get the closeups and low light shots the M8 was capable of.

Battery life, Speed, screen space, UI, and overall user experience are all far better on the 6p

My main issue is the quality of the M8. I have gone through 6 of them with warranty problems. My first one lasted about a year with no issues and then died on me. I then received two SPA replacement phones. The next phone had lint all under the screen. The fifth one boot looped and finally the sixth one works but still has some quirks at times. Loved the first phone, but idk if I have extremely bad luck or if the qc of HTC phones is terrible nowadays.

I would do a factory reset. I'm on 6.0.1 as well and have none of the issues you have reported.

I have both, I just replaced the battery and charging port in my M8 (Died from heavy use I guess). The 6P is a much better phone over all. Although I'm one of those weird people who loved the m8's camera (I end up taking a lot of macros in lower light). Outdoors the 6P's camera is certainly better, but I can't get the closeups and low light shots the M8 was capable of.

Battery life, Speed, screen space, UI, and overall user experience are all far better on the 6p

Did you not read my post? I fixed it.

I have been having this same problem with my 6p. Randomly I drop data. If I type in *#*#4636#*#* in my dialer and then turn off the radio, turn it back on, everything works perfectly again. I will have to look into your fix. Thanks!

The more phones that come out bootloader locked, the more likely I am to just order a Nexus 6P.

I have been having this same problem with my 6p. Randomly I drop data. If I type in *#*#4636#*#* in my dialer and then turn off the radio, turn it back on, everything works perfectly again. I will have to look into your fix. Thanks!

Yeah, so after a few days I am not sure if I solved anything.
The LTE cell data issue is much better. However, I am getting random WIFI drops now, but that could be a rogue app or my WIFI router.
All in all I still love it, and do not regret the purchase. I hope my next phone is better though. All I really want is THIS, STABLE, FOREVER.

Yeah, so after a few days I am not sure if I solved anything.
The LTE cell data issue is much better. However, I am getting random WIFI drops now, but that could be a rogue app or my WIFI router.
All in all I still love it, and do not regret the purchase. I hope my next phone is better though. All I really want is THIS, STABLE, FOREVER.

I'm loving mine, although every no wand then maps beta will crash. I also have had some bluetooth weirdness where I'm connected to bluetooth (Any Device), streaming music, but the music isn't getting played by the device. It will happen randomly. Like i'm listening to a song and all of a sudden it just shuts off. It all really started when I got my huawei watch to go with it though so it might be related to that. disconnecting and re-connecting to the BT device will fix it and it does not seem to matter if it's my car or other BT device.

Other than that I'm loving the watch and phone still :)

I think I'm finally in the Nexus boat, although I dislike some of the features (non removable battery, older BT 4.0, older CPU, and having to pay extra for internal only memory), I like how it just works all the time without the glitches.

BTW I used to get wifi drops with my Asus router (only on my phone), updating the firmware solved the issue.

I repair phones as my job, ill be staying with Sammy. Too much hassles and weird problems with other brands, HTC M8 is at the top section of my dont buy list, despite its seemingly nice interface, Sony Ive lost interest in and LG I hope makes a sturdier phone as planned in the G5 (and maybe modular?). Apple is on its own planet as far as I can tell, for the people who arent into real tech. East enough to fix an iPhone in most cases, but the look on a customers face when i tell em how much the repair of a 6S is gonna be is priceless.

The S6 was pretty ordinary IMO, the S7 looks like its gonna be a stunner, I own a Note 5 and its great, my day to day is an S5 and Ive had very few hassles (mostly attributed to running out of RAM cos only 2gb), the Edge models are niche and also very expensive to repair.

On the Huawei front Ive havent really seen anything out of the ordinary, but the majority of them are very basic. The Blackberry Priv steikes my fancy but I hear battery life and the keyboard arent that great, also yet to repair one.
Whats your thoughts on the new impossible to repair s7 edge?

Odd -- I've had my 6P since they were released, and it's been like a dreamboat. I get LTE and good connection/pings even when at work in the middle of nowhere. I have OTA updates enabled, and never had an issue. Only thing that's pissed me off is not having a "close all" button in the tab manager for the OS. And the fact they lowered the price online rather quickly after a few months.

If anyone still wants a 6P or 5X wait for a few months. I am betting we will see the 6P under 400$ soonish due to the new Nexus(s) phone rumored coming. I just we could see some mid range SD SoCs based on the 820 design. Just give me battery life, great OLED/IPS screen with accurate colors and readable in direct sun, and top tier camera performance with near stock android for 300-400 and I will be happy as a clam. (SD card is wishful thinking :))

This is the most god damn depressing thread I've seen here. I'm on a Galaxy S4 and it's got a cracked screen and now has intermittent cell phone service - the network will kinda shut on and shut off as it pleases.

I was looking online at getting new phones.. I'm thinking a used Galaxy S5 for like $165-$180 is my best bet after reading just about all of this.

What say the hive? Is swappa a good source for a used S5?

This is the most god damn depressing thread I've seen here. I'm on a Galaxy S4 and it's got a cracked screen and now has intermittent cell phone service - the network will kinda shut on and shut off as it pleases.

I was looking online at getting new phones.. I'm thinking a used Galaxy S5 for like $165-$180 is my best bet after reading just about all of this.

What say the hive? Is swappa a good source for a used S5?

Swappa is a good source for any used device. I would much rather have a newer cheap phone than an older flagship though.

Just got an email from the Android Dev team saying they have fixed my problem in a future release.

sigh.

what do you want to bet it doesn't really fix anything?

Seems like every phone I get is great for one month and then the shit starts to stink.

Woe is me.

Not to rant about android vs iphone, but this is something that I really appreciate about Apple phones. I know I wont feel this way for the 2 years I have the phone.

Just got my 6P yesterday. Didn't root/unlock (bootloader) it immediately as I want to get a good benchmark of how stock runs first to ensure there's not hardware issues. Seems damn fast/solid so far, as it should for being a new phone. Using it on both my Verizon and T-Mo SIMs (not at the same time, just swapping) at the moment, which is pretty cool. I've see that Anantech benched the NAND storage in both encrypted and unencrypted configs and it runs a lot faster while unencrypted, so I'm thinking about doing that when I go to root it. Has anyone else did this and saw any difference?

I'm already missing ad-blocking, Chrome-Pie (controls) and a lot of other Gravity-box like tweaks. I thought I saw the May security patch/update come out recently, but I'm stuck on April for some reason and it's not finding any other updates. Shouldn't it pull that when I check for updates?

It's a staged rollout usually based on your simcard. You'll get it before the end of the month though.

I'ma use this thread as a general 6P thread now since I hate making threads. :p

Anyone running the DP3 on their 6P? Been running it since it released at I/O and I'm digging the quick app switching and multi window stuff (at least in Chrome). But I've been getting a bunch of random reboots on it too, so I may switch back to the latest Marshmallow build. I wasn't having any issues with BT or cell reception on Verizon or T-Mobile on the latest M build before either. But I'm gonna RMA this 6P for a busted top speaker that buzzes a lot at any moderate or high volume media. Sounds like the speaker is just blown or something, but I can stop the buzzing by pressing down on the speaker grill temporarily. Figures.. I've had to RMA every phone immediately after getting it since my Gnex.

Back