Nexus 6P Performs Poorly In Durability Test?

The scary thing is how bad the screen was cracking under almost no pressure. Heating the middle of the glass panel wont do shit, but since the screen was cracked already then yes the glass itself is no longer a structural member. Since the glass was cracked then I can definitely see how structural rigidity is compromised but come on the glass cracking that easily?

That's what got me worried too. Although the bend test did make me laugh!

I've never had a phone break. The home botton on my iPhone 4 had to be pressed really hard to work at the end and the back screen of my Nexus 4 broke but I just put a case on it and you can't tell the difference since the front screen works. My Nexus 5 got a slight bump but nothing that impacted the screen. My S6 has yet to recieve any damage.

I looks like a real POS and cheap, google could of chosen a better company to their race to the bottom but they didn't. I will never buy a Huawai, Xaiomi, Lenovo or any other chinese designed phone.

Didn't expect high build quality from Huawei but surprised it beat out Apple (iPhone 6) and HTC on the low end. Joe Rigs is a no BS phone repair guy so it's laughable noobs are trying to discredit him because they don't like the results. He's also 5x naturally stronger or more than your typical feminine geek if you're looking at other videos of feminine hands with male voice struggling bending the same phone. So, when he says his little sister can bend that's because she's stronger than most geeks.

Didn't expect high build quality from Huawei but surprised it beat out Apple (iPhone 6) and HTC on the low end. Joe Rigs is a no BS phone repair guy so it's laughable noobs are trying to discredit him because they don't like the results. He's also 5x naturally stronger or more than your typical feminine geek if you're looking at other videos of feminine hands with male voice struggling bending the same phone. So, when he says his little sister can bend that's because she's stronger than most geeks.

Uh.... ok? :confused:

Translation for the French speaking. His hand strength are equivalent to your abdominal muscle and is what causes weakly built phones to bend in pocket from, for example, bending over to tie your shoe laces.

I am more concerned about the screen cracking after a scratch test than I'm concerned with the bending. With enough effort, you could bend any phone. The screen cracking that easily shows a major weakness in the product.

The guy is a class act and has a lot of patience for idiots. Hard to believe there are so many Nexus idiots like the iPhone ones.

I was gonna give the benefit of the doubt before I played the video

But the phone truly does suck, especially if you keep your phone in the butt pocket.

But no one else can bend it? I think something is fishy. Real fishy.

Who is no one else and what is their track record?

I see Total Tech channel mentioned but he has no track record for bending phones probably because he has girly hands. Look at his video history. Who else? If not girly hands they're probably not even trying because they're holding back from damaging their purchase.

https://youtu.be/1GZV-jO6ebg

Who is no one else and what is their track record?

I see Total Tech channel mentioned but he has no track record for bending phones probably because he has girly hands. Look at his video history. Who else? If not girly hands they're probably not even trying because they're holding back from damaging their purchase.

https://youtu.be/1GZV-jO6ebg

There are TONS of bendtest videos on Youtube where others can't bend their 6P's. How do you know this guy here has "mans" hands and others have "girly" hands? Ever shook this guys hand before??

These two fall into Nexus idiot category along with no bend track record and with girly hands that can't mimic the amount of pressure that's generated by combination body weight and core abdominal muscles to simulate what's exerted on a phone when in front pocket from bending over. Don't know why they're trying to discredit someone with a track record and physically capable. I know when I bend over to tie my shoe laces I'm exerting 70# or more and prefer a better build quality so I don't have to worry or take phone out of pocket. Common sense.

https://youtu.be/-Xe-HySb91A

https://youtu.be/xTx6ypwwgio

I am more concerned about the screen cracking after a scratch test than I'm concerned with the bending. With enough effort, you could bend any phone. The screen cracking that easily shows a major weakness in the product.

I think the area of the glass is more likely to lead to cracking over any perception of build quality. Especially given how it is the main structural support for the entire phone.

Press your finger against your bathroom window versus a sliding glass door with the same force and see how much one, versus the other, flexes. Gorilla Glass is also designed to be more hard than regular glass... and the harder anything is, the more brittle it becomes when it comes to flex.

These two fall into Nexus idiot category along with no bend track record and with girly hands that can't mimic the amount of pressure that's generated by combination body weight and core abdominal muscles to simulate what's exerted on a phone when in front pocket from bending over. Don't know why they're trying to discredit someone with a track record and physically capable. I know when I bend over to tie my shoe laces I'm exerting 70# or more and prefer a better build quality so I don't have to worry or take phone out of pocket. Common sense.

https://youtu.be/-Xe-HySb91A

https://youtu.be/xTx6ypwwgio
More likely they are scared of breaking their phones and don't really try to bend it only exert effort they feel is enough to prove their point rather than enough to break the phone.

Compare the pressure distribution because it's not the same. Imagine survivability of a tree branch resting on a point with you lying across the top vs standing on the two outer edges. Which scenario is more likely to snap it with resulting branch up your ass? Then compare which scenario is closer to the vise action in your pocket. If you have common sense the video of that contraption is irrelevant.

Compare the pressure distribution because it's not the same. Imagine survivability of a tree branch resting on a point with you lying across the top vs standing on the two outer edges. Which scenario is more likely to snap it with resulting branch up your ass? Then compare which scenario is closer to the vise action in your pocket. If you have common sense the video of that contraption is irrelevant.

Hmmmm.... Jerryrigeverything even commented on the video himself and didn't come up with your conclusion. Perhaps you should send him a note? :D

Hmmmm.... Jerryrigeverything even commented on the video himself and didn't come up with your conclusion. Perhaps you should send him a note? :D

Oh, what is this? It seems I have a couple of strings tied to this stick that I am holding... and they are attached to mi7chy...

He didn't approve. Just saying kudos for actually using weights and not pretending to exert the same force. Still flawed as others have also pointed out that the focal point is too wide. Just hope the standard warranty covers it.

Back