Nexus 5

Mr. Stryker

Supreme [H]ardness
I just bought a Nexus 4 off Anandtech and now I hear about Nexus 5. I mean seriously...

It won't be out until late fall, chill brah ;).

I just bought a Nexus 4 off Anandtech and now I hear about Nexus 5. I mean seriously...

Every year man. Released in January 2010, October 2010, November 2011, and October 2012. October-November 2013 is a solid guess for the next Nexus.

Want more bad news? Rumor has it they have a mid-cycle refresh planned in 2 weeks. Nexus 4 w/32GB storage and LTE. We'll see though.

If they do release an LTE-capable Nexus, I might actually get interested......

once Verizon goes VoLTE

If they do release an LTE-capable Nexus, I might actually get interested......

once Verizon goes VoLTE

Two concerns here. First, there's no guarantee that any LTE device currently available or releasing soon will support VoLTE. Most existing devices don't have the software driver (can be fixed via patch) nor the hardware capability to switch between 3G and LTE during a voice call (cannot be fixed during a patch) to support VoLTE. So, even if a Nexus 4 LTE runs on Verizon this summer, there is no guarantee that it will support VoLTE when it goes live.

And that brings up the second concern, which is a CDMA Nexus 4 on Verizon is not even a likely rumor at this point. The rumor was that a Nexus 4 refresh would feature 32GB and LTE support. A few bloggers speculated that perhaps CDMA support would be added as well. But to further stretch this to Verizon support is unlikely unless either Verizon or Google caved in their demands.

I'm not saying this is impossible, just suggesting that you temper your expectations.

I would have picked up a Nexus 4 already for not the glass back. Seems like anyone that does physical work seems to be breaking this phone.

I work at a desk job and had an iPhone 4 for 2.5 years with and without cases, and never had a crack.

I work at a desk job and had an iPhone 4 for 2.5 years with and without cases, and never had a crack.

I have a 3yo son and a 1yo daughter. My TPU case has been a Godsend. If I had that Nexus 4, I'd want the bumper case. My son would have it shattered within a week.

I have a 3yo son and a 1yo daughter. My TPU case has been a Godsend. If I had that Nexus 4, I'd want the bumper case. My son would have it shattered within a week.

I have the same, a 3 year old boy and 1 year old daughter which is why plastic phones get a lot of attention by me :p

Although the boy is very good about not dropping my phone, better then my wife with her own phone :D

Back