Nexus 4 now available in white, + free bumper (limited time)

Medion

[H]ard|Gawd
From Google Play

For a limited time, free bumper with the purchase of any Nexus 4, either color, 8 or 16GB. Also, the White model is now available on Google Play.

Thank goodness for the color options. But I'll stick to black and then maybe buy a white back off ebay and change it later on.

I'm still baffled as to why there isn't a 32GB variant yet. Even if they have/want to sell it for $400, I'm sure it would sell pretty well. It's getting annoying how OEMs refuse to sell phones with adequate internal storage in this day. HTC has been the first and only OEM to sell a phone (the One) on multiple carriers with 32GBs minimum. 16GBs needs to DIAF. Google of all companies should know better. Don't tell me it's a ploy to use their services either, they gain zero profit from that (directly at least).

I'm still baffled as to why there isn't a 32GB variant yet. Even if they have/want to sell it for $400, I'm sure it would sell pretty well. It's getting annoying how OEMs refuse to sell phones with adequate internal storage in this day. HTC has been the first and only OEM to sell a phone (the One) on multiple carriers with 32GBs minimum. 16GBs needs to DIAF. Google of all companies should know better. Don't tell me it's a ploy to use their services either, they gain zero profit from that (directly at least).

They want you in the cloud!

TO THE CLOUD!

Lol, Ok, Chang3d! :p

To be fair, I think there's more at play here for the limited storage.

With LG's recent admissions, OEMs make little profit on Nexus hardware. It's about the public mindshare for their own products, as well as the earlier access to Android software. Samsung, for example, would not be happy if Google sold their S4 for anything approaching $349. OEMs don't want to compete with themselves at a race for the bottom.

If Google makes these devices more than just baseline hardware, but still at an affordable price, OEMs are not going to be happy. That's what I took from the Motorola CEO recently. We're going to be seeing flagship hardware at less than flagship prices. I'm hoping to see more specific announcements on the Moto X series, as well as Google Editions across the board. That and delayed updates are the only things that will see me not get an S4 Google Edition at this point.

Back