Next Tomb Raider

Lucky75

Limp Gawd
Hello guys,
any news about next Tomb Raider ?
After Shodow of the Tomb Raider we do not have any info for next quest of Lara Croft.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider was suppose to be the last one for a while anyway. Crystal Dynamics is working on The Avengers game currently not sure if it's the same team that worked on TR.

Last edited:
There is zero word on any sequel right now, though they kind of left it open for one with the ending.

I like what they built and Shadow looked great, just had horrific pacing throughout and a story that left me confused. I want them to continue without a reboot but they need more time to get it right for the next game.

I'm surprised we haven't seen official remasters of the old games. Since Spyro and Crash got the treatment, I think Lara deserves it too. It hurts, ngl. Maybe at some point we will see it.

even if you hate the 'less tombs more uncharted' direction of the reboots at least they're all great tech demos

I loved the first 2 reboot games...Shadow of the Tomb Raider didn't have that same magic (Eidos Montreal took over as the main developer)...I'm glad to see Crystal Dynamics back working on this new game

I loved the first 2 reboot games...Shadow of the Tomb Raider didn't have that same magic (Eidos Montreal took over as the main developer)...I'm glad to see Crystal Dynamics back working on this new game

Yeah the first reboot is one of my favorite games even as a fan of the original

2 was still fun not as great though (but party just due to how good first was)

3rd was weak but I've been meaning to give it another go but waiting till I can get another RTX card again @ MSRP

Yeah the first reboot is one of my favorite games even as a fan of the original

2 was still fun not as great though (but party just due to how good first was)

3rd was weak but I've been meaning to give it another go but waiting till I can get another RTX card again @ MSRP

Agreed. The story became less convincing with each one, and the upgrade pacing, convoluted map design, combat restrictions, and awkward jumps made Shadow a big notch below even the 2nd one. It was still okay, but very much lacking.

Hoping this one is better.

Agreed. The story became less convincing with each one, and the upgrade pacing, convoluted map design, combat restrictions, and awkward jumps made Shadow a big notch below even the 2nd one. It was still okay, but very much lacking.

Hoping this one is better.

One of the best/funnest things about 2 IMO was you and Jesus team up to kill bad guys lol

Wasn't the story was disbelievable with the third for me, just a lot more boring

One of the best/funnest things about 2 IMO was you and Jesus team up to kill bad guys lol

Wasn't the story was disbelievable with the third for me, just a lot more boring

I played the first game three times I believe. I really enjoyed it, and it was my first TR game. I may replay Rise one day. Shadow? Doubtful. It was fairly forgettable and at times felt like a slog.

I agree with others that the first reboot game was great. It focused on moving the story along with exploration if you wanted to do it. The second game spent less time advancing the story and increased the amount of time needed for side stuff which wasn't really relate to story or only loosely related. It also made the crafting/upgrade system more complex for no benefit and the maps were quite a bit more annoying. The third game moved even farther from what made the first game so much fun and took the negatives from the second game and made them even worse. Crafting/upgrading was even more convoluted and annoying, maps felt artificially limited with a huge increase of side quests slowing down the main story.

It didn't help that succeeding games at the start the equipment was even more primitive, limited and slower to be acquired. The Zippo flame arrows from the first game were a ton of fun even if the concept isn't the most believable. The later games took that away and replaced it with an annoying and convoluted setup which was much more boring and limited.

I hated to stop playing the first game as I was going through it because it was more story and more story with little getting in the way. The second game didn't affect me the same way and it took me forever to get through the third game in comparison because it was actively boring too often.

I agree with others...

Plus none of the latter reboot games gave you that feeling of 'baddassery' the first one did

You start off and you're like "more like noob raider amirite" and then at the end you're like "alright, let's go kill a fucking god" *cracks knuckles*

I really hate the new Lara Croft the Ps1 version was better i think if the didn't have that tress FX BS and just tired her hair up she would look more convincing. The played with her face so much she doesn't look like anyone.

Surprised people are saying 2013 was their favorite of the reboot trilogy. Seems like everybody complained about it being more of a shooter, and Rise added more exploration to the game. Rise is the best of the reboot trilogy, in my opinion.

I really enjoyed the first two of the new games. I'd call 'em equally good in my mind.

Shadow had a lot of potential, but it felt rushed. The whole game is geared around getting new gear and weapons. Yet there were only like 4 shootouts in the entire game. It's like they ran out of time (or forgot) to add the enemies. I also had a pile of technical issues for a while after it came out, too. It didn't suck or anything, but it was a letdown.

I like those game when they are under a narrative/adventure/exploration, when they bug down to camp/"rpg" affair I simply have to stop/cheat, there is full of rpg to play already, it feels like a way to add hours to a game.
I'm surprised we haven't seen official remasters of the old games
This would interest me more I think or a return to a pure adventure game.

There was Tomb Raider Anniversary, which is a 2007 remake of the original

I enjoyed it

https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/8000/
I was just typing that up...
I'm surprised we haven't seen official remasters of the old games. Since Spyro and Crash got the treatment, I think Lara deserves it too. It hurts, ngl. Maybe at some point we will see it.
We got that already in Tomb Raider: Anniversary. At least for the first game.

Did they make her more homely in Shadow? I hope they go back to the original character design if they ever make another one. She was smokin in the first 2 games.

Did they make her more homely in Shadow? I hope they go back to the original character design if they ever make another one. She was smokin in the first 2 games.
She seemed to get more of a pear shape as the trilogy went on despite her ass getting flatter. Dat ass in Shadow doesn't make any sense compared to the rest of her body.

tumblr_p8wb4gN5K31sa50hio1_1280.png

Could be worse

I'm thankful they just didn't give her a beard and fat italian man leghair

the 2013 game and Rise of the Tomb Raider were both pretty much equal in quality...I liked Rise a bit better as it was longer and had the better setting but both games were excellent...Shadow felt really boring for some reason...it's like they tried to copy the mechanics of the previous two games but lost the soul of what made it fun

one of the writers of the 2013 game is hoping the new game is less dark (in terms of story)...that was actually one of the things I liked most about the reboot trilogy so I hope they don't change it too much...

https://www.eurogamer.net/tomb-raid...-lara-to-have-less-father-issues-in-next-game

They made her face more squared with puffier cheeks. I think the 2013 version was superior.

PC and Xbox 360 disc versions of 2013 still have the original face, on consoles (PS4/XB1 and digital versions) they added in the Rise and later face to the 2013 game

We got that already in Tomb Raider: Anniversary. At least for the first game.

I don't really desire more games like Anniversary, which is more of a remake/reimagining (though maybe a anniversary remake of one of the other classics would be cool).

I'd like to see more simplistic remasters of the classics or actually even just updates to the original games giving them proper native widescreen support, controller support, an unlocked fps, and perhaps better mod support (maybe some upgraded lighting and/or textures would be nice as an option too though). Re-releases of the classics with quality of life improvements basically. To be clear, I don't want another remake of TR1 ha.

Edit: The community may fill in the gap here though over time. With enough tinkering you can get the old games running mostly okay. I just feel the classics could use some good plumbing work by a professional development team. I think the games deserve it...if Crash, Spyro, MediEvil, THPS, and others got it, TR deserves it to imo. Though at least we got TRA I guess :b.

I wish they would add vehicle segments in the future games. Those were a good break from the typical gameplay mix and also helped progress the story.

Makes me glad I never got around to watching the newest film. I really enjoyed the old ones.

I honestly don't really care where they take this franchise. They could do so many things with it. I just wish they'd give the original 1-5 games an update or re-release. Just an update providing an unlocked framerate and some basic in-game video options would be nice and a wonderful gesture to fans.

I just rewatched those two movies. They are far better than I recall them being. The 2018 movie was absolute garbage. It tried to be like the 2013 game, but restricted to a PG-13 rating and 90 minute runtime.
The 2018 movie was terrible; no doubt about that. The problem wasn't that they tried to make it like the 2013 game but that they took every single interesting concept from the 2013 game and removed it. Then they took out Lara Croft and replaced her with an annoying, useless and flat out boring cardboard cutout.

I just rewatched those two movies. They are far better than I recall them being. The 2018 movie was absolute garbage. It tried to be like the 2013 game, but restricted to a PG-13 rating and 90 minute runtime.
The 2018 movie sucked arse because they turned everything supernatural from the game into “it was just a myth” nonsense. I was totally excited for the prospect of her fighting an army of undead samurai and a demon queen, but no, she ended up battling the common cold instead. Very stupid take on the story. Alicia Vikander is perfectly fine as Lara Croft.

Back