Next Time You Take an Uber They Might Try to Sell You Snacks or a Phone Charger

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Cargo and Uber have teamed up to provide snacks and other products when you take an Uber ride. Drivers that have a good rating and are fairly active will be able to stop by a Greenlight Hub and pick up a free box of goods. Once a passenger is in the vehicle they can offer snacks, phone chargers and other items for sale that the passenger can purchase with a mobile app. Cargo claims the average driver can make an additional $1,200 per year in income. Next time you take an Uber take a look at what they have to offer and help a poorly paid driver out.

Starting today, Uber drivers in San Francisco and Los Angeles can pick up Cargo boxes at one of Uber’s driver support locations, called Greenlight Hubs. While this is an exclusive business partnership, Cargo will continue to let drivers sell its goods even if they don’t drive for Uber.

A smart driver would already be doing this, so Uber doesn't get a cut.
Sure the driver would have to purchase the stuff themselves, but, they'll probably still make more.

This.

But not just that - when I was in Vegas I had Uber drivers offering me that shit for free... Here! Charge your phone! Here! Take a free water bottle!

Cargo claims the average driver can make an additional $1,200 per year in income. Next time you take an Uber take a look at what they have to offer and help a poorly paid driver out.

Gosh, Uber sure is an interesting company. Drivers will now be doing the impulse items trip on the clients. "Hey, here's a snack. My wife made them (he's single though). Yea, homemade brownies. Trust me ... you'll love 'em."

Then came the auto-driving vehicles.

IMO UBER is stalling in the hopes that their Uber drivers will bite the bait on the freebies (everyone loves freebies) in an attempt to keep them driving until Uber has their Auto-driving cars ready to roll

So, there you are, locked in the back of a moving Uber, and there's your exit coming up.
"Hey, lady, wanna buy a phone charger?"
"No."
"Are you sure?"
"This is the airport exit, we need to get off here."
"Sure, but don't you want to buy a phone charger first?"
"Don't I need to download an app?"
"Sure, scan the QR code on the seatback in front of you."
"How can I be sure it's not malware?"
"Trust me, it isn't. You need it to buy the phone charger."
"Hey, you missed the airport exit."
"Oh, sorry, I was too busy explaining how you can buy this phone charger. I'll circle around while you buy it."
"You better not charge me for the extra distance."
"Lady, it's your fault we missed the exit. If you'd just bought the charger when I first offered it to you, you'd be headed to your flight right now."
"I'm going to file a complaint."
"Do you want to make your flight or don't you? Just buy the damn charger."

Will they also drive you to hot women looking for sex in your neighborhood?

What about telling us one trick that our state doesn't want us to know about?

Can they also broker me a good deal at Newegg?

UberHouse: You drive your RV to people who are wasted and let them sleep it off, then at a pre-determined time the next morning you drop them off at a place within (x) miles.......Aquire Wealth.

UberHouse: You drive your RV to people who are wasted and let them sleep it off, then at a pre-determined time the next morning you drop them off at a place within (x) miles.......Aquire Wealth.

What? You thought UberCrashPad had negative connotations for moving vehicles? :p

I used to think about this for people who hate flying. Have a small but nice RV with a bed and bathroom, and up front two drivers. Couldn't make it profitable, though.

As for Uber retailing from the car, things like breath mints and condoms would sell. Magazines might sell. If you installed a photo printer in the car, and had an iPad with a few thousand 'greetings' cards or postcards on it, those would sell. OTC morning after pill would sell .....

Just a matter of time before they install mini vending machines into vehicles.

"Uber Bistro"

e8752c9c25d404f0783da8f847770a69.jpg

vf02g-ba-500x500.jpg

I took my frist Uber in Colorado this year and the guy offered free snacks to everyone...then again it was a $250 trip form Breckenridge to Denver so that might have had something to do with it

Back