Next iPod Touch to Get Camera and FaceTime Video Chat

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The rumor mill is cranking again forecasting the next generation makeovers due out possibly as early as September.

As rumors go, this one makes a lot of sense. A front-facing camera and FaceTime video chat are ideal for the iPod touch, which is hugely popular with kids. The ability to have face-to-face chats with friends and family is certain a huge draw.

September 8th should be the release date if my bookstore is correct. They have a promotion giving away a fee iPod Touch with the purchase of a Macbook that ends September 7th. Last year the deal ended the day before the new iPod Touch 3rd gen came out.

I think this sums it up.

RdcuT.jpg

Please stop putting Apple related news on the front page. I can't bear how tragic it comes across. I used to love [H] but this 'offering up Apple related gossip for the [H] posters to rag on' is really embarrassing.

Stick to news related to exciting PC hardware releases. That's why we come here, or at least why I come here.

I quite like it. Pretty soon I won't even need to visit Macrumors anymore!

Keep it up, Al.

Please stop putting Apple related news on the front page. I can't bear how tragic it comes across. I used to love [H] but this 'offering up Apple related gossip for the [H] posters to rag on' is really embarrassing.

Stick to news related to exciting PC hardware releases. That's why we come here, or at least why I come here.

I quite like it. Pretty soon I won't even need to visit Macrumors anymore!

Keep it up, Al.

Could it be there products are too popular for [H] NOT to put up some news about Apple to drive even more traffic to [H]?

Could it be there products are too popular for [H] NOT to put up some news about Apple to drive even more traffic to [H]?
Pretty much. Either that or Al, John and Steve are just running out of ideas ;)

a new feature of the next gen ipod touch will be that you must hold it a certain way otherwise your music won't play out of the left headphone and the music will skip.

Perfect way to get rid of all those defective iphone 4s!

Pretty much. Either that or Al, John and Steve are just running out of ideas ;)

Or maybe they like making fun of sheeple who like that cartoon must have teh newest apple gear. I do, but I am also guilty of upgrading my graphics card with each new gen so wtf do I know. :D

Errr, isn't that supposed to be an iphone then?

I've got a better idea, just get the device out of your face and you can have a REAL face to face chat with the people around you.

Or maybe they like making fun of sheeple who like that cartoon must have teh newest apple gear. I do, but I am also guilty of upgrading my graphics card with each new gen so wtf do I know. :D

Ahhh but here lies the major difference between apple products and ATI/nVidia

ATI/Nvidia provide you with newer features that do get used as game devs use said newer tech. as where apple uses tech that we have been using for the past 5 years, and calls it new. :D

why does something inside me tell me thatthe network is gonna get bottlenecked?...

I honestly think the Apple news gets posted for both the generalized anti-apple discussion and the new hardware interest that most people have when viewing the front page.

It looks like an iPhone without a contract required.

Maybe you can adjust the volume by holding it with your left hand.

why does something inside me tell me thatthe network is gonna get bottlenecked?...

What network? This isn't a phone. If your network gets bottle necked, buy a new router and upgrade from your 56k modem.

And heck isn't FaceTime wifi only on the iPhone too?

Right now, I'm so used to the Zune marketplace, I'm not going to buy any other audio player without a similar model ('all you can eat' for one price).

Apple is so full of awesome that it would be sacrilege not to post news about them. It's so hip and you're not cool if you don't keep up with the latest on Steve Jobs.

why does the ipod need a camera
Probably because it's cheaper to just produce an iPhone minus the cellular chip in it, versus producing two different products... Which is all it essentially is.

This is why I so respect the audio quality of Cowon products. Their DAPs do one things very well: PLAY GREAT QUALITY AUDIO.

No surprise that a company that focuses on everything other than Audio Quality has the $hitty-most sounding DAP of them all.

No surprise that a company that focuses on everything other than Audio Quality has the $hitty-most sounding DAP of them all.

Zune and iPod (since 4th gen) use a pretty high grade Wolfson DAC. Mods to the device usually center around the analog line-out.

Zune and iPod (since 4th gen) use a pretty high grade Wolfson DAC. Mods to the device usually center around the analog line-out.

All I know is what I've heard out of the box. Zune sounds better than iPod, but crap sounding better than a turd isn't saying much.

Cowon devices, IDK what they use internally, but they do sound very good.

Back