Next Generation Battery Tech Finally Arrives 2020?

CHANG3D

Supreme [H]ardness
Huawei’s P40 Pro is about to launch with 5500 mAh of graphene batteries, charging from 0 to 100% in 45 minutes.

So not only will we get a more pocketable phone from Motorola and other copycats like Samsung, we’ll finally be getting new batteries.

2020 is going to be a good year.

Huawei’s P40 Pro is about to launch with 5500 mAh of graphene batteries, charging from 0 to 100% in 45 minutes.

So not only will we get a more pocketable phone from Motorola and other copycats like Samsung, we’ll finally be getting new batteries.

2020 is going to be a good year.

It's a shame that politics will make that phone a non-starter for many people outside of China.

Now, if the 2020 iPhone has a graphene battery like that... my XS still does the job, but I'd definitely upgrade.

If Huawei will be bringing the graphene, I’ll have to assume others will too.

Apple traditionally will not have any first generation part though.

Batteries aren't usually made by the same companies that make the phones. Unless there's an exclusivity agreement (and those usually have only a relatively short duration), I don't see why it wouldn't have already been considered by other manufacturers.

With that said, Oppo already does 0-100% for 4000mAh in 30 minutes which is faster than 45 minutes for 5500 mAh. You don't need a graphene battery anyway for that.

Batteries aren't usually made by the same companies that make the phones. Unless there's an exclusivity agreement (and those usually have only a relatively short duration), I don't see why it wouldn't have already been considered by other manufacturers.

With that said, Oppo already does 0-100% for 4000mAh in 30 minutes which is faster than 45 minutes for 5500 mAh. You don't need a graphene battery anyway for that.

The key wouldn't be so much charging speed as battery density and longevity. You could stuff a 5,500mAh battery into a phone that isn't a ROG Phone 2-style beast and worry less about having to replace the battery during the phone's typical lifespan.

The key wouldn't be so much charging speed as battery density and longevity. You could stuff a 5,500mAh battery into a phone that isn't a ROG Phone 2-style beast and worry less about having to replace the battery during the phone's typical lifespan.
Keep in mind that it's not like it's impossible without graphene. The Galaxy M30s is about the same size as a P30 Pro but packs a 6000mAh battery. I can guarantee you the Exynos in the M30s isn't so much smaller that the battery capacity can be so much higher.

(The real reason is because the M30s is plastic and doesn't have an useless curved screen wasting internal space).

Unfortunately this rumor/mistake from Huawei is most likely false. It is impossible for current technology to mass produce these graphene batteries; best case scenario is that we’re still 1 year away. Unless Huawei has been developing something in secret, it is most likely a mistake from Huawei to post that tweet.

It's possible they're using graphite conduction sheets to improve the cooling though and someone in marketing got very confused. Similar cooling is already in use for a few existing phones and would be a boon for very fast charging.

Back