Next Gen Consoles

Well that's dumb. Are you 100% sure there isn't a brightness setting you can tweak buried in the Series X settings menus somewhere? You can do that for the PS4 or PS5 controllers for example. Worth checking at least (if you haven't already.)

I don't think the Xbox controller's logo light has a brightness setting anywhere. Even within Steam you can adjust the brightness and color schemes for all of Sony's controllers. Those settings aren't there for the X1 or XS1 pads. It's not in the Accessories app. The Xbox One doesn't have that setting anywhere either. If they added it, it would be exclusive to the Series X and/or the Elite Controllers. It's pretty faint so I've honestly never noticed it, but that doesn't mean it isn't annoying for those who do I guess. I found the default/bright PS4 pad lights to be kind of obnoxious, though.

Well that's dumb. Are you 100% sure there isn't a brightness setting you can tweak buried in the Series X settings menus somewhere? You can do that for the PS4 or PS5 controllers for example. Worth checking at least (if you haven't already.)
You can't do that on Xbox controllers.

I tried cutting out some tint in a circle to match. That didn’t work well. There’s no rim around the LED to meet and if you try to go to the very edge the tint adhesive gets stuck on the side and won’t let the button push freely. I guess I’ll just try a permanent marker next or wait till someone releases perfectly sized laser cut tint circles on eBay. I bought similar tint for my PS4 light bars on the controller fronts. (Another terrible controller idea for use in projector based HT)

How about a small cloth taped above it so that the tape makes a hinge? That way it would fully cover the light but then you flip it up so that you can still use the button when needed?

The light doesn't really serve a purpose other than to let you know the controller is on. I'd just mark over it with one of those especially permanent markers that won't come off of anything. You'd still see some light from the edges, but likely only enough to let you know it's powered on.

Back