Next Gen A64 Notebooks?

Nasty_Savage

Fully [H]
Anyone know when they'll release an A64 notebook with the current line of GPU's?

My guess is within the the next month or two. Some of the ODMs have the barebones configurations with the current gpus in them like the x600, x700, and x800. Sometime this quarter for sure. I thought we would have seen them by now though. That is what I am waiting for.

Example, the Arima M622 DK8X/UK8X has a ATI M24 which is the x600. It is an AMD based laptop with this gpu, and is built for OEMs like Voodoo, Dell, etc. by Arima, one of the laptop ODMs. If you don't know the ODMs (e.g. Clevo, Armia, Compal, Uniwill) build notebooks for the OEMs like Sony, Dell, Alienware, etc. A few OEMs make their own like Toshiba, etc. However, all the new models are not necessarily advertised by the ODMs on thier sites until the OEMs offer them. You can usually find information about them from tech sites or what have you. You'll see them soon.

i have already seen some laptops with an nvidia 6800 (i think it was a non ultra) im not shure where tho

and isnt there already A64 notebooks?

You are misunderstanding me, I've seen the 6800 and x800 in INTEL based laptops...i want to know when the new chipsets for the A64 will include the PCI-Express cards. :)

Another notebook to add to your list is the MSI M635 with the Radeon mobile x700...just don't know when it might be released...almost exact same configuration as the Arima W622 series. Don't expect the Arima and the MSI notebooks to have user replaceable graphics modules...though I could be wrong.

It's a lot cheaper for the manufacturers to solder the GPUs on the mobos then to design around the MXM or the Axion card technologies.

Back