Next ATi Drivers... Cat 5.0's... Major Improvment?

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Will there be a Major improvement in Drivers with the next release of the Cats? Is there any information on what might be updated in the upcomming release?

And any idea when we might see them?

Dont they go up to .12? I think it went up to 3.12... I thought they were monthly releases (almost) and went up to .12 then to next series....

They'll be the Cat 4.10's and be available next month, just like clockwork. Doubt there will be big improvements, just more bug fixes. And if you're lucky it won't break anything new.

4.10's will be next

their goal is 12 releases a year, (once a month) so 4.12 should be the last one for this year

then for '05 they start with 5.1 and go through 5.12

a pretty easy scheme if you ask me

you can easily look at the version number and see what year and month it was released

4.11 should be the last one. If they start fresh at 4.0 at the beginning of the year (I can't remember if the first was 4.0 or 4.1) and do an update every month.

ZenOps said:
4.11 should be the last one. If they start fresh at 4.0 at the beginning of the year (I can't remember if the first was 4.0 or 4.1) and do an update every month.

they started with 4.1 on 01/19/04

as i stated, 4.12 should be the last one for this year, then 5.1 starts next year

Gah, Nvidia needs to do something like that. Their current naming scheme sucks mushroom sautated balls.

Next are the 4.10s which will have the normal improvements and fixes, offhand I can say there will be a fix for Joint Ops and the Frame Effects bug. :)

Back