Newspaper Thinks Deus Ex Is Real

I guess I don't see what part of the story in the paper has to do with Dues Ex.

Requests for information to Sarif Industries have not been answered.

Another case of reporters failing to verify the information prior to publishing. Hilarious! :p

Joke is on you, IT'S ALL REAL and EVERYTHING IS A GIANT CONSPIRACY TO MAKE YOU THINK IT'S NOT!

I would hate to be that reporter when he finds out what he published is a load of bull.

Joke is on you, IT'S ALL REAL and EVERYTHING IS A GIANT CONSPIRACY TO MAKE YOU THINK IT'S NOT!

I would hate to be that reporter when he finds out what he published is a load of bull.

Why? Publishing bullshit almost seems to be a requirement for the mainstream press these days.

Could be a practical joke by some reporter, but since it's the soddin' Sun I'm more inclined to believe that it's just poor journalistic practices :)

Not like their celebrity gossip stories get any kind of scrutiny either.

Could be a practical joke by some reporter, but since it's the soddin' Sun I'm more inclined to believe that it's just poor journalistic practices :)

Not like their celebrity gossip stories get any kind of scrutiny either.

Sadly, it is a rather accurate vertical slice of what the western worlds interpretation of journalism has become.

Cite sources?!? Ain't nobody got time for that!

Sadly, it is a rather accurate vertical slice of what the western worlds interpretation of journalism has become.

Cite sources?!? Ain't nobody got time for that!

It is far better to "break" the story with inaccurate info...and get the page hits. Than be last to chime in, but have the full Walter Cronkite treatment.

Makes me think of the time some guy called in to that conspiracy radio show "Coast to Coast" said his name was Gordon Freeman, worked at Black Mesa and was part of trans dimensional teleportation experiments....
Oh those wacky gamers!

It is far better to "break" the story with inaccurate info...and get the page hits. Than be last to chime in, but have the full Walter Cronkite treatment.

If they publically correct themselves after the fact, it can be forgiven. If it happens very often, they need to be tossed out on their asses.

Pretty hilarious. How the hell do people keep their jobs with this shit happening?

Oh, also [obligatory comment about how I'm too non-conformist and a true individual to have a social media account].

I thought I was about the only one in the world who has never made a facebook account lol

/PHNewswire/ -- October 16, 2014 -- Aperture Laboratories (NYSE: APLB) announces a hostile takeover of Sarif Industries (DXSE: SI).

further proof the MSM are a bunch of never-to-be-trusted CT wingnuts & that for real news, one must turn to web forums

It's always been true that each new generation coming along seems like cannon-fodder for various kinds of marketing swill, but it seems like this generation is more susceptible than most at both writing and believing what it reads--even though it is often absurd and ridiculous. I guess the Internet has something do with that...;) Still, it's the responsibility of the reader to be able to intelligently separate the "wheat from the chaff", and it's worrisome to see how quickly some folks fall for this kind of thing. I wonder sometimes if the authors do it just to see how many people will believe them...Kind of scary to see how easy it is to mislead some folks.

"The Sun" isn't a real paper anyway. This is no less accurate than the majority of their stories. They're a tabloid, the only reason they're the biggest selling paper in the UK is that the British basically stopped reading the newspaper years ago and all they sell there are junk newspapers people read for a laugh.

If you want real news in the UK you watch TV or use the internet.

Did anyone actually bother to read the article? Context is everything. They are showing devices that may show up in the future and using pictures from science fiction as a reference. I don't think they actually believed Deus Ex was real anymore than the Star Trek "tricorder" below it.

Did anyone actually bother to read the article? Context is everything. They are showing devices that may show up in the future and using pictures from science fiction as a reference. I don't think they actually believed Deus Ex was real anymore than the Star Trek "tricorder" below it.

Except it doesn't say that, if you read the article it mentions Sariff and the eye as something that's real and exists now and how it's in its infancy and will be commonplace to see such things in our grandchildren's time.

A British newspaper, that explains it. Reminds me of, "Dim Brits think TARDIS IS REAL."

Dont get on your high horse just yet, true most British papers are full of BS and It would be bigger news if someone found something truthful in this paper. However this is a paper which Peirs Morgan was the editor and chief who now has a good job at CNN and from what I understand now spouts similar BS all over the US media. Though to the American peoples credit I think someone started a petition to get him deported back to England. Personally I think you guys can keep the fucker cos we dont want this crap as much as you.

Back