NEWS: During an internal Q&A with CD Projekt management on Thursday, frustrated Cyberpunk developers asked blunt questions about the game's rocky....

You could write a very similar list to that for most AAA releases. I always remember Bethesda's bs about how smart their Oblivion AI was going to be. Or the advanced faction system in Far Cry 2.
I'm glad I purposely steered clear of the hype and can evaluate it solely on what was delivered (on PC, at least). I've been having a lot of fun, it easily holds its own against any other current game, and it looks gorgeous.
Commiserations to people wanting to play it on last-gen consoles, though. CDP has a good record of tidying up buggy releases (Witcher 3) so it's not the end of the world.

You could write a very similar list to that for most AAA releases. I always remember Bethesda's bs about how smart their Oblivion AI was going to be. Or the advanced faction system in Far Cry 2.
I'm glad I purposely steered clear of the hype and can evaluate it solely on what was delivered (on PC, at least). I've been having a lot of fun, it easily holds its own against any other current game, and it looks gorgeous.
Commiserations to people wanting to play it on last-gen consoles, though. CDP has a good record of tidying up buggy releases (Witcher 3) so it's not the end of the world.
Care to name some where around 3/4 the feature claims were missing? I don't mean poorly implemented or unpolished, but flat out not included.

I didn't fully keep up with the PR campaign for Cyberpunk so that I wouldn't be too disappointed when it didn't hit all the marks, basically, I'd read article titles if I stumbled across them and think "sounds cool". So, we're in a similar boat when it comes to evaluating what was delivered, but my experiences with it are pretty lack-luster. From my PoV, I find the game very mediocre due to the how the various systems were implemented, general game-play interactions, lack of QoL, half-baked story, and generally feeling like something is constantly missing. Yes it looks very good artistically and the story starts off strong, but it seems like that's all there is to it; truthfully, I was left feeling confused and annoyed when the time-skip montage hit.

In my eyes, the game just failed to deliver an experience it claimed it would.

I'm not saying the game isn't enjoyable, but imo it is not worthy of a AAA title and price. Not because solely because it's missing features or bugs, but also because what's there feels like something that's been done vastly better by many other games.

Care to name some where around 3/4 the feature claims were missing? I don't mean poorly implemented or unpolished, but flat out not included.

I didn't fully keep up with the PR campaign for Cyberpunk so that I wouldn't be too disappointed when it didn't hit all the marks, basically, I'd read article titles if I stumbled across them and think "sounds cool". So, we're in a similar boat when it comes to evaluating what was delivered, but my experiences with it are pretty lack-luster. From my PoV, I find the game very mediocre due to the how the various systems were implemented, general game-play interactions, lack of QoL, half-baked story, and generally feeling like something is constantly missing. Yes it looks very good artistically and the story starts off strong, but it seems like that's all there is to it; truthfully, I was left feeling confused and annoyed when the time-skip montage hit.

In my eyes, the game just failed to deliver an experience it claimed it would.

I'm not saying the game isn't enjoyable, but imo it is not worthy of a AAA title and price. Not because solely because it's missing features or bugs, but also because what's there feels like something that's been done vastly better by many other games.
Lol, the not worthy of AAA title is such BS.

Bunch of bandwagon jumping going on, sure the game has missed promises, glitches, broken console launch and a few texture issues but it is an amazing game. The city is massive, the verticality is insane, the voice acting is phenominal, the activities are good/great, the main missions are fantastic, the animations are largely top notch (I'm sure some knob can point out a glitched character), the lighting effects are some of the best I've ever seen RTX or not, the special effects are great.

Not deserving of triple A title my ass.

There's entire areas on the map that only got partially made. Like this massive hotel ENE of the city.
pbjbmbcs9r661.jpg

1608676643855.png

They threw up a wall around it. The outside looks nice but there's no furniture.

It's just another illustration the game wasn't finished.

There's entire areas on the map that only got partially made. Like this massive hotel ENE of the city.
View attachment 311713

View attachment 311712
They threw up a wall around it. The outside looks nice but there's no furniture.

Or its assets placed for an expansion, happens in lots of open world titles. In fact I'd bet you it is, given its location away from the current game world.

Lol, the not worthy of AAA title is such BS.

Bunch of bandwagon jumping going on, sure the game has missed promises, glitches, broken console launch and a few texture issues but it is an amazing game. The city is massive, the verticality is insane, the voice acting is phenominal, the activities are good/great, the main missions are fantastic, the animations are largely top notch (I'm sure some knob can point out a glitched character), the lighting effects are some of the best I've ever seen RTX or not, the special effects are great.

Not deserving of triple A title my ass.
So it's jumping on a bandwagon when your first-hand experience matches others' and you voice your concerns about it? Nah, that's basic criticism, but I do agreed that a lot of people are just watching videos and jumping on the hate-train for the wrong reasons.

Yeah, the city is large and there's a lot of vertical space, but the only meaningful interactions for most of it is sight-seeing; it has no gameplay value otherwise. The voice acting should rightfully be great with the speculated budget that went into it. I didn't find anything special about the main missions after the first hour or so; it was more like watching a story rather than being part of one, which can be done well, but not really in this case. But, yes, I do agree the artistic fidelity is great, though you can put lipstick on pig and call it your girlfriend, but... Yeah...

Or its assets placed for an expansion, happens in lots of open world titles. In fact I'd bet you it is, given its location away from the current game world.
It's just a product of poor management since the budget could have gone to developing more features or polishing what was in place.

company whose slogan, plastered on posters all around its Warsaw office, is “We are rebels.”

Its seems like they became what they created.

So it's jumping on a bandwagon when your first-hand experience matches others' and you voice your concerns about it? Nah, that's basic criticism, but I do agreed that a lot of people are just watching videos and jumping on the hate-train for the wrong reasons.

Yeah, the city is large and there's a lot of vertical space, but the only meaningful interactions for most of it is sight-seeing; it has no gameplay value otherwise. The voice acting should rightfully be great with the speculated budget that went into it. I didn't find anything special about the main missions after the first hour or so; it was more like watching a story rather than being part of one, which can be done well, but not really in this case. But, yes, I do agree the artistic fidelity is great, though you can put lipstick on pig and call it your girlfriend, but... Yeah...

It's just a product of poor management since the budget could have gone to developing more features or polishing what was in place.
lol, you passed basic criticism with your triple A opinion. Its a triple A game, you didn't like it but that doesn't change it.

Poor management? care to go cry about every game that packed in preplanned expansion asset? That is just business as usual, hell outside of the console mess, everything about CP2077 is fairly standard for triple A development these days.

CDPR did step into the PR shitpile by claiming they would 'release when finished'. Thats on them, so is the console, but most people are just looking to make mountains of out mole hills.

Last edited:
lol, you passed basic criticism with your triple A opinion. Its a triple A game, you didn't like it but that doesn't change it.

Poor management? care to go cry about every game that packed in preplanned expansion asset? That is just business as usual, hell outside of the console mess, everything about CP2077 is fairly standard for triple A development these days.

CDPR did step into the PR shitpile by claiming they would 'release when finished'. Thats on them, so is the console, but most people are just looking to make mountains of out mole hills.
The validity of adding expansion assets prerelease is debatable, but it is poor management to divert time/money for expansion content when the base game is unfinished.

In this case a person or team decided those assets needed to be created (time/funds spent on planning), a person or team was paid to create those assets (funds that could have been diverted), and a person or team spent time working on those assets (time which could have been used to flesh out more base-game building interiors). What's there to argue about that?

I may have been harsh with my opinion of the game not being worth a AAA title, but I'll stand by it not currently being worth the AAA price. In my book, too many marks were missed and the game could have used more time in development.

Isn't AAA title something completely devoid of judgement and quality, purely a budget-scope-size qualificatif ?

AAA (pronounced and sometimes written Triple-A) is an informal classification used for video games produced and distributed by a mid-sized or major publisher, typically having higher development and marketing budgets

Hard to imagine an argument for which a game like Cyberpunk would not qualify has a AAA title.

A game can be among the worst game ever made and be a AAA title and many of the best game ever made are nowhere close to be AAA title. If it is not exactly similar to calling something a big budget tentpole movie in hollywood it is quite close.

Your entire "agrument" can be summed up by saying "You're wrong because I say so and my opinion is better than yours because I say so".

You don't get to decide how other people feel about the game.

Class-action lawsuit is fucking stupid, if they didn't offer refunds then sure, but there have been a TON of buggy games released over time and no legal action was taken.

And you're happy with that?

The validity of adding expansion assets prerelease is debatable, but it is poor management to divert time/money for expansion content when the base game is unfinished.
Seems reasonable if you have planned ideas for expansions to have your artist/people who build the world continue to work on it and have it in game rather than have them sitting around doing nothing.
I know smaller companies will have people wear multiple hats, be a coder/artist/writer, but I figured bigger outfits would be more specialized. So the guy building buildings in game isn't the same one writing the AI or debugging a mission. I think most people including the devs themselves believe things could have been managed better, but this doesn't seem to be an example of mismanagement.

There's also the fact that this game arguably killed the momentum of, or delayed, a lot of launches. Assassin's Creed and Watchdogs seemed to have the wind taken out of their sales, for me personally at least.

Gaming sites seemed starved for news leading up to Cyberpunk's launch. Nobody wants to start a marketing campaign and then get completely derailed by GOTY.

Coupled with the lack of big budget movie releases/news.

It adds up to a huge need to fully stick the landing. The original Watchdogs had the same problem, massive fevor that flipped 180 for a lot of people.

They also put two of the biggest plot moments in trailers. Which prevented them from being leaked granted. But I think people would have been happier with the amount of content otherwise.

Despite this I loved the game. Can't wait for DLC.

This game for me is actually bad now that i have played it. Not the graphics but the game itself fundamentally is a bad game.

5-10 Cops spawn to get you for a crime and that is it everyone forgets you did anything. Combat is boring due to no npc AI. The "gangs" don't remember you. The same event is happening outside every time you leave.
No where to eat indoors (or do other things, most buildings are closed), locked off areas, and cosmetics are poor at least for me.

I can only play this game for the story which i heard is short.

The Outer-worlds is a better game than this.

Isn't AAA title something completely devoid of judgement and quality, purely a budget-scope-size qualificatif ?

AAA (pronounced and sometimes written Triple-A) is an informal classification used for video games produced and distributed by a mid-sized or major publisher, typically having higher development and marketing budgets

Hard to imagine an argument for which a game like Cyberpunk would not qualify has a AAA title.

A game can be among the worst game ever made and be a AAA title and many of the best game ever made are nowhere close to be AAA title. If it is not exactly similar to calling something a big budget tentpole movie in hollywood it is quite close.
Yes, and I stated my opinion on whether it was "worthy" of that title. The marketing seems to have mostly been smoke-and-mirrors; for myself and others, what I played didn't feel like what was advertised. This was supposedly going to be "the next generation of gaming", but the only part of the game supporting that is it's visual fidelity, everything else has been done better by much older games; if we took that away, it would seem more like a well done indy game.

Seems reasonable if you have planned ideas for expansions to have your artist/people who build the world continue to work on it and have it in game rather than have them sitting around doing nothing.
I know smaller companies will have people wear multiple hats, be a coder/artist/writer, but I figured bigger outfits would be more specialized. So the guy building buildings in game isn't the same one writing the AI or debugging a mission. I think most people including the devs themselves believe things could have been managed better, but this doesn't seem to be an example of mismanagement.
If you kept reading I mentioned where the manpower could have been put to better use. The city is large, but most buildings don't have accessible or finished interiors, so why even bother to put locked doors on them and also create more building assets for expansions? Seems like ideas were scrapped after they began developing them; that shouldn't happen while having several years to plan out development (we know it happens, but on this scale seems ridiculous).

OT in the entertainment industry I feel is a bit different than others. When you start the death- march with no end in sight and constantly moving goal-posts it drains you. It's not just a couple weeks near ship and things are caught up, it can be from pre-alpha and on. At the midway point of every milestone.

Longest death march I had was about 3.5~4 months straight. Monday through Saturday. Monday through Wednesday I was usually able to drive home, while Thursday and Friday I slept under my desk or on the sofa in my space.

The entertainment industry is very predatory. As long as there are tons of young naive people, this will never stop.

Also there are many "old ways" that need to evolve in production. Wasted/mismanaged manpower is a big problem, which leads to massive OT/death marches.

I have worked other jobs outside the game industry and have done 80 hour weeks at more physically demanding jobs (standing for 10-13 hours a day in Texas heat with 4-5 at a desk). It is not the same. I clock out, the day was done. My mind reset. I was tired phsically, but my brain was alright. I wasn't pissed off. My phone did not ring when some tester found a critical bug that would delay shipping. No JIRA's. I left the site, I was done. Other than the ex Army CO as a boss, I was actually happy to do that job

Even on days when someone called in sick, I was cool with it. It felt like my tasks were finite.

So when I read about these things from others in the game industry, I really understand. Everything they said is 100% valid.

I've never heard of having future expansion or DLC areas/maps in a current game be reachable by players?

I've never heard of having future expansion or DLC areas/maps in a current game be reachable by players?

Seen it happen in world of warcraft (also stuff that was supposed to be only usable by devs) where there was a glitch where you could reach and empty mount hyial there was even a sign with "under construction" there

There are places that seem unfinished, but are actually completed. You have to have the pathing in your events to trigger the events or story line. The only thing I do not like is happening upon these, but only to trigger them later and then actually getting to explore them properly. BTW, one is about becoming a legend.

Back