NEWS: During an internal Q&A with CD Projekt management on Thursday, frustrated Cyberpunk developers asked blunt questions about the game's rocky....

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
I am wanting to play this game, but I am also holding out until I get a new GPU, maybe for the better?

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1339974516034965504
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...maker-faces-hostile-staff-after-failed-launch
One asked: How could they make a game about exploitative corporations while forcing devs to crunch?
52l99kJv?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
Cyberpunk Game Maker Faces Hostile Staff After Failed Launch
Rebellion is in the air at Polish video game publisher CD Projekt SA after the company’s highly anticipated, and thrice-delayed, latest title was released to scathing reviews about glitches.

They probably looked at the code at the 6 week period popped open a beer or diet coke said we can't fix this. Part of the problem is multiple studios working on one game.

I wouldn't call this a failed launch. The game sold like crazy. The issue comes down to perceived quality issues with the game. Issues I can confirm are certainly there, but tend to be blown out of proportion by disgruntled players who assume that everyone's experience is as bad as theirs, or regurgitate what's said in the media and on forums like Reddit. Obviously, the PS4 and XBOX One versions of the game seemed to suffer the brunt of these issues but I can't speak to those as I am not playing it on those platforms.

They probably looked at the code at the 6 week period popped open a beer or diet coke said we can't fix this. Part of the problem is multiple studios working on one game.
Sounds to me like the issue was poor management and unrealistic expectations from said management.

I wouldn't call this a failed launch. The game sold like crazy. The issue comes down to perceived quality issues with the game. Issues I can confirm are certainly there, but tend to be blown out of proportion by disgruntled players who assume that everyone's experience is as bad as theirs, or regurgitate what's said in the media and on forums like Reddit. Obviously, the PS4 and XBOX One versions of the game seemed to suffer the brunt of these issues but I can't speak to those as I am not playing it on those platforms.
It's apparent when the PC version has an 87 Metacritic where the other versions are in the 50s.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
That particular game launch is a giant success sales wise, but one reason that it sold so much was the studio good will and built trust I would imagine, something they lost for their next launch ( I do not think reviewer will be able to get away accepting crazy late embargo and nda about bug and so on on the next games coming from that studio), end of the day:
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/OTGLF/

This is one way to judge a launch and when you lose 33% of your market valuation from just before the launch, just after the launch and your product are removed from what is arguably the biggest AAA gaming platform in the world store, it is hard to not call it a failed launch.

The playstation and Xbox launch are completely failed and the next-gen console actual launch yet to happen.

No. When their own employees demand answers from management about extreme overtime it says, loudly, that there is a problem.
I haven't seen anything about employees crying about it. Everyone else seems to be doing it for them.

Takeaway from this;
PC Master Race.
At least during the transition I wonder if it would be somewhat common for smaller studio affair, to have some console port issues (and the specialized Gears 5 and Dark Soul game to be quite superior on console than those smaller studio ports, from loading time to everything).

PC gaming has been quite stable for decades (64 bits windows 10 + DirectX 12 is from 2014) and with how much fragmentation console have from an arguably more diverse range of hardware to support (2013 playstation 4 to a RDNA 2 PS5, when you do a new giant AAA PC games you do not necessarily worry to much about middle of the road 2013 GPU)

the vast majority bought it before the game was released...

This is true. I paid for my copy months ago. However, even if I hadn't I'd have been pleased. Sure, I would like them to fix a number of issues but I don't feel like the issues I've experienced prevent me from enjoying it. I've experienced real frustration with some games upon launch which I have a hard time getting past. Even worse, I've experienced issues so bad with some games that I just shelve them indefinitely. Many never get picked up again. For once, the issues I've experienced with Cyberpunk 2077 are greatly overshadowed by the positive experience I've had playing the game.

(back in Autumn)
Management: ok, so I know we promised you wouldn't have to, but y'all are gonna have to work like A LOT of overtime to get this <product> out
Staff: aw f**k. but it'll be worth it, right? it'll be a good <product>?
Mgmt: oh, yeah the BEST
Staff: ugh fine

(present day)
Staff: this is garbage! all anyone can talk about is how flawed our <thing> is! this is our reputation at stake! what the hell?
Management, inattentively nodding while counting giant stacks of money in Scrooge McDuck vault

At this point, I think CDPR only option is to pull a Hello Games to fix this mess. Maybe they'll regain some respect.

(back in Autumn)
Management: ok, so I know we promised you wouldn't have to, but y'all are gonna have to work like A LOT of overtime to get this <product> out
Staff: aw f**k. but it'll be worth it, right? it'll be a good <product>?
Mgmt: oh, yeah the BEST
Staff: ugh fine

(present day)
Staff: this is garbage! all anyone can talk about is how flawed our <thing> is! this is our reputation at stake! what the hell?
Management, inattentively nodding while counting giant stacks of money in Scrooge McDuck vault

Apparently CDPR saying they started crunch earlier this year was also a lie. Sounds like they were in crunch mode for over a year.

Oh no people crying because they had to do their job. I used to work 80-100 hours a week during holiday shut downs. They can cry me a river

Oh no people crying because they had to do their job. I used to work 80-100 hours a week during holiday shut downs. They can cry me a river

Did you work it for over a year? Also "I used to be treated like shit and taken advantage of by my job" doesn't make it okay. It's fucking astounding that people think it's totally okay to treat others like this. Really feels like you're just bitter that you got fucked by your work and want others to feel the same in order to make your life a tiny bit better.

I wouldn't call this a failed launch. The game sold like crazy.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/style/cyberpunk-2077-video-game-disaster.html

"The immediate future looks dark for Cyberpunk’s makers — perhaps even darker than the future they built in Night City. Refund requests are pouring in by the thousands. Lawyers and investors in Warsaw are circling the situation, contemplating a class-action lawsuit against the company for what one attorney described as potential criminal “misrepresentation in order to receive financial benefits.”"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cd-projekt-sa-class-action-043000021.html

Screenshot_20201220-122001~01.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/style/cyberpunk-2077-video-game-disaster.html

"The immediate future looks dark for Cyberpunk’s makers — perhaps even darker than the future they built in Night City. Refund requests are pouring in by the thousands. Lawyers and investors in Warsaw are circling the situation, contemplating a class-action lawsuit against the company for what one attorney described as potential criminal “misrepresentation in order to receive financial benefits.”"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cd-projekt-sa-class-action-043000021.html

View attachment 310874
Some people need a wake up call. You just can’t do this to customers. Period.

Class-action lawsuit is fucking stupid, if they didn't offer refunds then sure, but there have been a TON of buggy games released over time and no legal action was taken.

it is stupid, this kind of shit (class action) does not make anything better these day, all it will do is further stiffle risk taking in development. It won't result in better quality, it will just result in less risks.

If this does sink CDPR (or any publisher( Congratulation petulent masses, you have further ruin gaming, good by risk, hello Ubi style paint by numbers bs.

Class-action lawsuit is fucking stupid, if they didn't offer refunds then sure, but there have been a TON of buggy games released over time and no legal action was taken.
This is not from gamers. This is from investors who are looking if they lost money because CDPR lied to them about the state of the game. They can't exactly ask for a refund when the stock takes a 40% dive.

The class action is from the investor side of things I believe:
investigation of potential securities claims on behalf of shareholders of CD Projekt S.A. (OTC: OTGLY, OTGLF) (the “Company”) resulting from allegations that CD Projekt may have issued materially misleading information to their shareholders and investing public.

It is a google translate but:
https://m.bankier.pl/forum/post/428...6uMR6InZyg-yUhk87Iyh5MBpu1ozlyLXoxRE1zaq_3uT4
my name is Mikołaj Orzechowski, I am a Warsaw attorney and at the same time a CDPR investor. In connection with the recent events - and in particular the suspension of the sale of the CYBERPUNK 2077 product, we are currently analyzing, together with the law firm's team, the grounds for bringing a class action together with the notification of the possibility of committing a crime under Art. 286 of the Penal Code. - misrepresentation in order to obtain financial benefits.

It's become the accepted norm in the industry unfortunately. Massive day one patches are common, plus games from companies like Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Fallout 76 have sometimes taken almost a year or more to become the games they should have been to start with.

This is not from gamers. This is from investors who are looking if they lost money because CDPR lied to them about the state of the game. They can't exactly ask for a refund when the stock takes a 40% dive.
I guess I can maybe see that - they for sure lied (or at least, lied by omission) about the state of the PS4/XBX versions of the game.

I guess I can maybe see that - they for sure lied (or at least, lied by omission) about the state of the PS4/XBX versions of the game.
During their Q3 earnings call (November 25) they said something a bit bizarre (if it is not a typo):

And PS4, yesterday we released the gameplay both on PS4 and PS5. So, you can see the difference. And on both -- I mean, PS5 is great. PS4 is still very good. I mean, we had those extra three weeks and we achieved a lot by -- within this final stretch. So, we believe that the game is performing great on every platform. Of course, accordingly to platform capabilities, but not every platform should be great.

IMHO stock would have dropped anyways and this is a poor excuse to try to recoup some loses caused by poor investment. Look at the unearned steady rise in value over the last two years, despite not releasing anything new. It was clearly all speculative.

In the end it's just a game. A game I am enjoying to be fair, but not a gaming revolution like investors seemed to think it would be. The launch could have gone better, but the value was already past due for a reality check.

I look forward to picking up the Game of the Year Director's Cut Monofilament Whip Edition of the game.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
I can't believe how many people still support this game after cdpr lied about so many features that are missing or broken from the game. You guys were straight up lied to and sold a broken game, but hey it's cdpr so give them a break.

all this mess seems fitting though for 2020 - the year that denied so many people so many things, so why not gamers, too?

Reactions: Meeho
like this
I've been having fun playing it, but it's far from bug free. I get the frustration from people who are having major issues. Hopefully CDPR and whatever platform they purchased the game on make it easy for them to get a refund. No reason to pay for something you're not enjoying if it's delivered broken.

That said, I still have faith in CDPR to improve the game.

Maybe not so much on the last gen consoles, where the best case scenario is likely something barely playable. Someone or a group of someones made a bad decision to even release the game on last gen consoles.

But on PC, and possibly the new consoles, it can be pretty spectacular. I foresee several expansions, and the game playing it's best in 2022 and beyond when hardware catches up 😆

I can't believe how many people still support this game after cdpr lied about so many features that are missing or broken from the game. You guys were straight up lied to and sold a broken game, but hey it's cdpr so give them a break.
So what features did they cut or are missing, feel free to show where CDPR promised those features.

This whole situation reeks of mostly console peasants being unhappy and trying to slam CDPR for not releasing a game catered to them and their shitty consoles.

Reactions: spine
like this
Back