[NEWS] Apple vs Microsoft- Who's the Copycat?

djnes said:
Indeed it has, considering argument = conversation on here.

Then in that case most post on [H] should be deleted since it is nothing more then people argueing, but i dont see you jumping down those people's throats....

Arguments can be conversation if it is mature argument, not people calling each others names, otherwise known as debate.

So again, you dont have to read these news threads, but looking back on my other [NEWS] threads, most get a good amount of views, so there must be some people interested in them, obviously not you though, so i guess since you dont find them uselfull the world should stop turning and everyone bow down to what you think is appropriate or not to be posted on [H].

six_storm said:
M$ got in at the right time back around 10 or so years ago when businesses started relying heavily on computers to simplify work, aka Microsoft Office. Macs back then sucked so bad (yes, they were horrible) but have become really great machines within the past 2-3 years. I'm so glad that the majority of computer users in the world use Windows. At least when I'm using my Mac, I won't be worrying about 20+ updates a week/month, loading up my harddrive with pointless, yet necessary Service Packs, viruses, spyware, random restarts, and BSODs . . . I'll be working on an OS that just works.

Glad to know you haven't downloaded this months Apple security patches for OS X. It appears to address 29 CVE's....

This is the version targeted at the 2 week old Mac Pro line.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61798

There is no such thing as a secure OS without secure end-user practices, and a secure environment for the computer to reside. Doesn't exactly describe the machine designed for home users. If it did, we'd all be running the user friendly version of OpenBSD. :)

nessus said:
Glad to know you haven't downloaded this months Apple security patches for OS X. It appears to address 29 CVE's....

There is no such thing as a secure OS without secure end-user practices, and a secure environment for the computer to reside.
I agree completely. I make sure to keep my software updated, no matter what OS or platform I run. I've reaped the dangers of not updating before, so I know what a PITA it can be.

MrGuvernment said:
Arguments can be conversation if it is mature argument, not people calling each others names, otherwise known as debate.
That doesn't always happen on here, as I'm sure you are well aware. Others have pointed out that this isn't "news" but yet you single me out. I wasn't trying to start a flamewar or anything, it just seems funny in this thread, and plenty of others you start, you make a special effort to call attention to it...aka attenion-whoring...for no reason. If you start a thread entitles [NEWS], is should contain news. If you start a thread entitled FS:, you should be selling something. If not, it's just an attempt to get people to view your thread, much like an annoying infomercial.

If i remember correctly Apple use to only supply you one mouse button to i always assumed, not confuse the end user. You know the ones i mean. The "wheres the any key" kind. Yep thats Mac people for you. Just like most people who drive BMWs because they think they are gawds yet get confused when they get a flat. Same concept here. I'm not saying ALL BMW or Apple owners but a good percentage. 5 out of the 7 idiots i see slam their brakes in front of me BEFORE actually going into the exit ramp are BMW or other insanely expensive useless car owners! :p

nessus said:

There is no such thing as a secure OS without secure end-user practices, and a secure environment for the computer to reside. Doesn't exactly describe the machine designed for home users. If it did, we'd all be running the user friendly version of OpenBSD. :)

I've downloaded all of the updates . . not a whole lot of them though (less than 10). I never said that Mac OS X is the #1 most secure OS out there either. I agree that level of how secure your computer is, is up to the end user.

djnes said:
That doesn't always happen on here, as I'm sure you are well aware. Others have pointed out that this isn't "news" but yet you single me out. I wasn't trying to start a flamewar or anything, it just seems funny in this thread, and plenty of others you start, you make a special effort to call attention to it...aka attenion-whoring...for no reason. If you start a thread entitles [NEWS], is should contain news. If you start a thread entitled FS:, you should be selling something. If not, it's just an attempt to get people to view your thread, much like an annoying infomercial.

To me it was news, i dont care if people read a thread i start or not, is their choice, i am just trying to let people read things they may not have otherwise seen or heard about.

As for the flaming i am not the one who started it, others didnt directly attack me and me posting threads that arent news such as you did.

Yes, MS vs Apple is always going on, so is AMD vs Intel and ATI vs NVIDIA, yet we always hear about their new battles.

This was news to me as it addressed new items in leopard and Vista which were just released with in the last week at WWDC, thus it is recent and news to me since i had not heard about any of it so i choose to share it.

Since you know my threads are useless and annoying (and yet you came in anyways), i guess now you can avoid the [NEWS] threads that start with that and stop wasting your energy, and bandwidth for [H].

Back