Newest Steam update

Been playing Skyrim for quite a while and was always annoyed with the long load time. I even looked into the issue and could not find a working answer. New Steam update today and Skyrim loaded damn near instantly. :cool:

That's interesting, I'll have to take a look and give it a try once I'm off work. But why in the world would a steam update change it so drastically? Seems... odd.

Mak might be right. lol

It loads fine for me, just like it always has.

What did it? The changelog doesn't mention anything that seems like it would be related to this, just some Steamworks API updates and a fix for chat session on OS X.

I believe OP is referring to the "Preparing to launch" window that we see when we launch a game. Skyrim use to take a long time launching.

Indeed, it's significantly faster now after the update. Takes like only a second.

I believe OP is referring to the "Preparing to launch" window that we see when we launch a game. Skyrim use to take a long time launching.

Indeed, it's significantly faster now after the update. Takes like only a second.

You are correct sir. :cool:

Off topic, but I wish that Steam for Windows was as fast as the Linux version. It's like night and day.

Off topic, but I wish that Steam for Windows was as fast as the Linux version. It's like night and day.

Me too! I put the main steam install app on my SSD and pointed steam to install games to a mechanical HD. Its still slow! Any ideas?

Back