What mousepad do u use?

• Total voters

alex.ander

n00b
Hi there, [h]ard dudes!

I want to ask you some simple but important (for [h]ardcore gamers) questions:
What mouse do u use and why?
What about mouse surface?

As for me, I use Logitech MX510 (red one) in a pair with Icemat Black 2nd Edition. Looks good, plays the same, costs a lot...

I'm looking forwarg for ugly replies from MS Explorer 4.0a owners with fUck 1030...

mx 700 w/ ratpadzGS its working pretty well for me, i've had them both for a while and they're no worse for wear

MX300 with MANY teflon feet changes and already on 3rd mouse pad. 1st was ratpadz, 2nd was ratpadz gs, now func 1030.

I use a 15 dollar logitech optical mouse and the back of my old year book.

MX500 with a Steelpad 3S (they are aluminum... go figure), and it works for me. :)

MX510 + 3M Precise Mousing Surface + armor all sprayed on pad and mouse feet every 2 weeks = bliss.

Using the MX310 on my desk without a surface. Too cheap to buy a real surface.

Now I finally realized that I wrote "mousepad" instead of "mouse" in the poll question... Can I fix this? :p

EinsteiN said:
MX500 with a Steelpad 3S (they are aluminum... go figure), and it works for me. :)

Aluminium mousepad? Where is this world coming... :D

How is this surface? I mean what about its advantages other pads don't have?

MS Explorer 4.0 + Ratpadz GS + Teflon Tape.

I don't care what other people think, it's good for me. :D

MS Explorer 4.0/Ratpadz GS at the moment.

I can rave about the MSE 4.0 on a few levels - Shape, and precision are all definetly there. My CS game improved enough to notice after the purchase.

But, like the Logitechs that I hate the shape of, the extra buttons are impossible to get to comfortably, and the wheel has no clicks, no resistance, nothing. It's great for an FPS, Diablo II not so much - Changing skills with the wheel is now impossible.

Also, the extra buttons are (of course) useless in any game, which is about the only place I'd use them. I can never seem to get them bound to anything, and the Intellimouse driver doesn't allow you to program the buttons to any specific key anymore; only the ones MS has set. The horizontal scrolling action is useless in games as well, at least as far as I can discern.

(by the way, if anyone would like to correct me on the useage of extra mouse buttons... pleeeeeeeeeease do it ASAP. :p )

At least you CAN use the driver, though. Logitech mouseware will hose a Win2k install 8 out of 10 times, and if you're lucky and it runs fine, just wait.

My next mouse is a Razer, if only to escape the Logitech/MS thing that I've been switching between over the past few years; I'm not really happy with either direction they've taken.

for those that are annoyed with always replacing mousefeet, try aluminum foil tape, you can find it at home depot for like $3. its like thin smooth metal that you can cut into mousefeet pieces and stick on the feet. works really well

doh-nut said:
for those that are annoyed with always replacing mousefeet, try aluminum foil tape, you can find it at home depot for like $3. its like thin smooth metal that you can cut into mousefeet pieces and stick on the feet. works really well

Ummm...how does it compare to Teflon?

Right now, I'm using a Razer Boomer 2100 (It's BFG branded, though, so although it's an OEM Boomer 2100, they call it "Sniper Boomslang 2100" - how's that for brand glurging!)

Anyway, using this on an Icemat, and it's *bliss*. Not the first one, nor the second. Oh, no, they have a THIRD edition Icemat out now, black, and it is the *largest* *mousepad* *on* *the* *market*. I mean, it's HUGE. (It's actually the second edition of the black one, which was, itself, the 2nd edition Icemat of any kind).

Anyway, I'm concerned about aluminum mouse feet. Seems like it would scratch the hell out of the glass surface, no? I'm using the Icemat Padsurfers that come with the pad, and they are pretty sweet. Still, about a month on them, and it looks like they will be worn through in another month, requiring replacement.

quakecon 2003 mouse sponsored by: *looks at mouse* Nvidia, id, alienware 0wnz0rz you. ;)

i think it's just an early intellimouse.

You forgot the almighty MX700, which is what I use on a func 1030 after going through two of those awful ratpadz in one year.

dderidex said:
Ummm...how does it compare to Teflon?

Right now, I'm using a Razer Boomer 2100 (It's BFG branded, though, so although it's an OEM Boomer 2100, they call it "Sniper Boomslang 2100" - how's that for brand glurging!)

Anyway, using this on an Icemat, and it's *bliss*. Not the first one, nor the second. Oh, no, they have a THIRD edition Icemat out now, black, and it is the *largest* *mousepad* *on* *the* *market*. I mean, it's HUGE. (It's actually the second edition of the black one, which was, itself, the 2nd edition Icemat of any kind).

Anyway, I'm concerned about aluminum mouse feet. Seems like it would scratch the hell out of the glass surface, no? I'm using the Icemat Padsurfers that come with the pad, and they are pretty sweet. Still, about a month on them, and it looks like they will be worn through in another month, requiring replacement.

ummmm... errrr.. uhhhhhhhh.... ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

j/k. well to me its just smoother than teflon. im using it on a cloth mousepad right now, and it doesn't scratch my table either when i try it on that. it would probably wear down a ratpads faster than normal because well its hard metal it shows no mercy, but i doubt it would scratch anything. i mean its flat, not jagged metal.

Tazman2 said:
MX300 with MANY teflon feet changes and already on 3rd mouse pad. 1st was ratpadz, 2nd was ratpadz gs, now func 1030.

where do you buy teflon feet?

I've got a generic Logitech. I'll be upgrading to a MX510 when I get the money, hopefully.

I use the Ratpadz with my MX510. I have a RatpadzGS but the original hasnt wore out yet.

I'm currently using an MX300. I was thinking of buying the MX510 but after seeing some posts about the MX1000, I think I want that one now. :D

MX510 + fUnc 1030 working for me. I used to have a mx700, but I felt so out of place at CPL that I bought a mx510. :)

i have been using the ms intellimouse optical 5 button mouse for a few years and i have liked it. i recently got an mx510 for my lappy, and i like it just that much more.

TheAcorn said:
(by the way, if anyone would like to correct me on the useage of extra mouse buttons... pleeeeeeeeeease do it ASAP. :p )
I use them in games all the time. In FPS I bind my most often used guns/grenades to them. I don't know what games you're playing, but most games support the extra buttons. Make sure you install the newest drivers for the mouse. ;)

Also, the extra buttons are (of course) useless in any game, which is about the only place I'd use them. I can never seem to get them bound to anything, and the Intellimouse driver doesn't allow you to program the buttons to any specific key anymore; only the ones MS has set. The horizontal scrolling action is useless in games as well, at least as far as I can discern.
Might have something to do with the mouse you are using.

On the Logitech mice or MS mice, I never used them because they were in a fantastically stupid place, you pretty much have to let go of the mouse to hit them. Useless!

The MS Optical Trackball has 5 buttons, too, but the 'side' buttons are in a pretty easy place to hit. Would probably still be using that thing, except the ball itself sticks. And I mean STICKS *all* *the* *time*. I've read every article on how to fix it, tried every fix, nothing. My particular skin oil must be something like glue or something. Strangely, the Logitech Optical Trackball worked fine...but, it only had 3 buttons. *sigh*

So, I went through all the mice...as noted, complaining about how you have to basically let go of the mouse to use the side buttons.

And, finally, settled on the Razer Boomslang. The side buttons are placed JUST above where your thumb and pinky rest on the mouse. You just roll your thumb or pinky forward a little to hit them - their position is *perfect*, it's right in a place where you can hit them without moving anything but the tip of your finger, but it's not in such a place that you ever accidentally hit them.

And, of course, it is the most precise mouse on the market by several orders of magnitude. That said, cleaning out the ball and wheel well on a weekly basis IS a sort of a bitch. If they made an optical mouse with this shape, button layout, and precision, I'd be all over it like white on rice!

(Word on the street the next Razer Viper - not the current one out, its successor - will be such a mouse. Who knows when that will be out, though. Until then, nothing else comes close to this mouse for ease of use and precision, so....)

Im using a 4$ GE optical mouse. Yes, a mouse made by a lightbulb company.

I'm stuck with a mx 500 and an Everg**** pad. (heh, i didn't say it)

Back