Newest [H]ot deals @ Monarch (check often)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone ordering the OCZ Platinum the rebate has to be postmarked by March 10th so don't wait to send them out.

I was thinking of ordering some until I saw that.... with ground shipping I'd have about 2-3 days to have it post marked and that doesn't seem fair at all.

Darn you Mr. Monarch!!! I just added to your legion of new Monarch customers.

Grabbing one of those eVGA cards. I'm banking on the step-up program, so I'm going eVGA this time instead of BFG. Quick question to those out there in [H]-land...looks like if we do the rebate, we may be SOL for step-up per one of the lines in the rebate .pdf from eVGA. Can anyone confirm?

Monarch Deals said:
256 MB SODIMM SDRAM PC-133 $37.88
512 MB SODIMM DDR2 (533) PC2-4200 Corsair $78.22
1 GB (2 pcs 512) SODIMM DDR (333) PC-2700 Patriot $108.77

Hey Monarch Deals,

I requested a quote on custom barebones system last Friday morning via email and I still have not heard anything back. Can you assist?

archangel00 said:
Don't count on Moday either. I was supposed to get my OVERDUE ALREADY vid card order today but low and behold what do I find on my front door when I get home from work? A freaking signature required door hanger STIPULATED BY MONARCH. I signed FEDEX's waiver years ago for signatures because I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO THAN SIT AT HOME ALL DAY WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO KNOCK ON MY DOOR!!!!!

So add lost wages sitting at home waiting for FEDEX to knock on your door(which I'll never do) and/or time spent traveling to your FEDEX terminal (80 miles round trip, I don't think so) to pick it up and these deals are cold as ice.

NEVER AGAIN will i buy ANYTHING from Monarch no matter what the price.............
A business has a greater responsibility to their customer than to merely take their money; we recognize this responsibility and act accordingly. There has been a high level of theft from packages being left on doorsteps without signatures. I assure you this is far better than having your $100+ product stolen and you being left without money or product. Requiring signatures is a necessity. I hope knowing this does help you feel more satisfied and you can continue to be one of our valued customers. Your feedback is very important to us and allows us to examine ourselves and to make improvements for our customers.

If something is shipped with a signature required one can USUALLY leave a note for FedEx/UPS/Whoever stating that you're unable to be present for a signature and that picking the package up in person is also impractical. Leave the door hanger notice and this note together and just about every time the package will be left. You can also try calling the shipper and let them know as well. This isn't something that JUST Monarch does, many parts houses do the exact same thing. It's a part of life, a part of business and not something to be such a whibbler about. :p

As for Mr. Monarch, I'm still waiting patiently in hopes of a retail Opteron 170 deal one of these days. :)

Regards,
fastgeek

fastgeek said:
If something is shipped with a signature required one can USUALLY leave a note for FedEx/UPS/Whoever stating that you're unable to be present for a signature and that picking the package up in person is also impractical. Leave the door hanger notice and this note together and just about every time the package will be left. You can also try calling the shipper and let them know as well. This isn't something that JUST Monarch does, many parts houses do the exact same thing. It's a part of life, a part of business and not something to be such a whibbler about. :p

As for Mr. Monarch, I'm still waiting patiently in hopes of a retail Opteron 170 deal one of these days. :)

Regards,
fastgeek

With Monarch I don't think you can just sign the door slip they leave... you have to be there to sign for it.

Fedex normally requires a signiture and I think the buyer should have a choice of leaving the package at the door if they want to. I live out in the county and my house can't even be seen from the road... a package could sit at my door for a week and no one would take it.

It's still a lot better than Neweggs defaul UPS shipping though :).

Any chance of some 2x1gb memory deals with out rebates? My Opty 165 really needs 2gb but I hate doing rebates.

I, like many others posting here, am having problems as well with my Monarch order.

I ordered my parts last Wednsday and STILL have not recieved any notice about shipment. It's still being processed in the warehouse.

In addition to that, no one is returning any of my emails to [email protected] or [email protected]. I sent two seperate emails out today, to both addresses and never recieved a reply.

When I spend circa $1000 on parts from a company I expect far better customer service than this, let alone quicker processing.

My situation may be unique as far as the processing goes (though none of the parts are on the backorder list), but there is no excuse for ignoring my emails.

Yes you can in fact sign the door slip for fedex for the signature. It worked for me a few days ago. Door slip signed and he left me 2 packages at the door. :p

AssMan said:
With Monarch I don't think you can just sign the door slip they leave... you have to be there to sign for it.

Fedex normally requires a signiture and I think the buyer should have a choice of leaving the package at the door if they want to. I live out in the county and my house can't even be seen from the road... a package could sit at my door for a week and no one would take it.

It's still a lot better than Neweggs defaul UPS shipping though :).

Any chance of some 2x1gb memory deals with out rebates? My Opty 165 really needs 2gb but I hate doing rebates.

Retsam said:
Yes you can in fact sign the door slip for fedex for the signature. It worked for me a few days ago. Door slip signed and he left me 2 packages at the door. :p

Were they from Monarch?

I've only made a few orders from Monarch but I though I remembered that you couldn't just sign that slip or they aren't supposed to let you anyway.

To the guy that's getting ignored e-mails.... I had the same problem when I orderd a PSU from Monarch... all I could get was an automated reply. After a couple of weeks I e-mailed them telling them to cancel my order and they cancelled it and refunded my CC and I got my PSU from Newegg. The page said it was in stock and I never got anything from them saying other wise.

I'm still looking for an OCZ POWERSTREAM 520W (not the new sli) for under $90

TheNewGuy8 said:
I, like many others posting here, am having problems as well with my Monarch order.

I ordered my parts last Wednsday and STILL have not recieved any notice about shipment. It's still being processed in the warehouse.

In addition to that, no one is returning any of my emails to [email protected] or [email protected]. I sent two seperate emails out today, to both addresses and never recieved a reply.

When I spend circa $1000 on parts from a company I expect far better customer service than this, let alone quicker processing.

My situation may be unique as far as the processing goes (though none of the parts are on the backorder list), but there is no excuse for ignoring my emails.

the new guy,

im sure no one is intentionally ignoring you.
first you said you emailed today, they state they return most emails within 24 hours, not to mention its monday, so they have to reply to a bunch of emails they recieved during the weekend. also im sure they are getting overloaded with emails enlight of their various sales, have a little patience before you go on about them purposely ignoring you.

Yes, that was the whole reason I made that statement. I signed the slip and 2 packages from monarch were delivered without me actually signing.

AssMan said:
Were they from Monarch?

I've only made a few orders from Monarch but I though I remembered that you couldn't just sign that slip or they aren't supposed to let you anyway.

Retsam said:
Yes, that was the whole reason I made that statement. I signed the slip and 2 packages from monarch were delivered without me actually signing.

I'm sure some of the drivers will just drop it off but they aren't supposed to. It says right on the box "No inderect delivery. Signature release is not allowed and a signed delivery notice by the recipient is not acceptable."

Im just giving my experience. He obviously did for me for 2 packages. :p

TheNewGuy8 said:

I am Very sorry to hear this, I feel confident they will answer you shortly. Hoever please forward your e-mail to [email protected] I will look into this.

for all those people ranting about requiring a signature

before the monarch site allows you to make purchase they state several times that you must sign, signed waivers will not work on these packages.

according to what they state, you must be home to sign or take the missed delivery notice to fedex and pick it up. all of the information is stated before you can checkout

Thank you for the personal attention, Monarch Man. But Lo and Behold I checked my email this morning and there was the shipping confirmation.

Perhaps I was a little quick to judge - I apologize about that. The deals you guys give out are great - its just frustrating to have ordered all your parts and have to wait on worldy things like practical delivery times! :)

Mohonri said:
NOTE: The EVGA motherboard listed is an SLI uATX motherboard--the first (and only so far) uATX motherboard that supports SLI. SFF lovers, rejoice!

Nice. SLI, 4 DIMMS, 4 SATA II, 1 PCI, 1 PCI x1, Firewire. Seems like it has everything an ATX has except a couple of PCI legacy slots and a PCI x1 slot.

This board in a SSF case that can accept a full-size ATX PSU would be a nice setup.

Hmmmmm

Any hot deals on a complete system (either with or without a monitor)? I'm asking on behalf of a friend who's looking for a decent PC. He leaning toward dell but I'm trying to get him to buy an AMD system (pre-built). Thanks.

amd ati FO SHO said:
for all those people ranting about requiring a signature

before the monarch site allows you to make purchase they state several times that you must sign, signed waivers will not work on these packages.

according to what they state, you must be home to sign or take the missed delivery notice to fedex and pick it up. all of the information is stated before you can checkout

Thank you for detailing all of this, some folks miss it. ;)

However, it's very much a YMMV situation with release waviers. Depends on your driver, where you live, how visable the packages will be and so forth. For example I live in a semi-rural area, my door isn't visable to the road and all my drivers know me and that I run a computer business out of the house. In other words, it's safe. Now if I lived in a typical neighborhood with the door in plain view and had drivers that didn't know me from Adam then they'd be a lot less likely to "bend" the rules for you as it could come back to bite THEM in the ass.

Signature requirements can be a real pain in the ass, but some times it's just part of doing business and it's really there for the buyers protection.

Regards,
fastgeek

Monarch doe it to cover their own ass. It all boils down to how well you know your delivery guy.

I know my UPS guy so well that if I left a note on the front door asking him to deliver the package to my roof via the ladder in the backyard, my package would be on my roof waiting for me till I got home.

heh.. ok so like i placed an order for a opty 165 and a x1900xt...Thursday.. 2/23.. niether shipped yet.. emailed the monarch man earlier..

guess what.. both orders? CANCELLED!

The money has already been pulled from my bank account. Thats right.. not pending approval.. not pending anything.. before anyone decides to buy one of these coupon deals.. id suggest monarch catch up cuz there is no excuse for taking money like that and then cancelling orders... banks approve a transaction and reserve the money from your account for transfer. this gives the merchant time to void the transaction and the money to then be released. In this case the period for voiding the transactions passed and the money is no longer reserved. its gone..

thats just messed up...

awesome deal... that money better be put back asap

-thebrain

Why are you telling us about it?

Monarch is a reputable site and they arent looking to scam you. Im sure it was just a mistake.

Did you try calling Monarch or emailing them?

yeah.... i did email monarch guy.. their web form.. their orderstatus mail... and i agree they are reputable.. I doubt they are trying to take my money and run.. that never crossed my mind.. but how do you explain this?

I placed an order.. They took my money.. they canceled my order. thats the gest of this situation.. my money should already be on its way back. or there better be an explanation..

i dont bash sites for the hell of it.. im just a little annoyed that i dont have access to money i earned.

is that fair btw? that i dont have access to money i earned because of either a clerical error or mismanagement?

hey i did my dues in customer service.. if the items were ordered on thursday they should of shipped by at least today.. not get canceled..

this is a justified complaint. I have a right to voice my complaint.

this also allows others who might have had the same thing happen to them realize it was no just them.. its called communication.. beautiful thing about forums.. communication.. dont cut the line :p

-the brain

TheBrain77 said:
yeah.... i did email monarch guy.. their web form.. their orderstatus mail... and i agree they are reputable.. I doubt they are trying to take my money and run.. that never crossed my mind.. but how do you explain this?

I placed an order.. They took my money.. they canceled my order. thats the gest of this situation.. my money should already be on its way back. or there better be an explanation..

i dont bash sites for the hell of it.. im just a little annoyed that i dont have access to money i earned.

is that fair btw? that i dont have access to money i earned because of either a clerical error or mismanagement?

hey i did my dues in customer service.. if the items were ordered on thursday they should of shipped by at least today.. not get canceled..

this also allows others who might have had the same thing happen to them realize it was no just them.. its called communication.. beautiful thing about forums.. communication.. dont cut the line :p

-the brain
There is obviously something amiss here, I sent you an e-mail for you to contact one of our highest managers. I would hope it goes without saying that we are not doing anything intentionally to you.

Hey "Official Monarch rep" what happened to the OEM Sempron 3300+ deal on clearance? At $110 that's not much of a clearance price IMO, being that you guys sell the retail box version for $2 less than the "clearance" OEM. It used to be a legit clearance deal at $79. I was considering getting another one of these to console myself for getting an Opteron 144 from Monarch that overclocks "only" to about 2.34GHz (with boosted vcore, Prime stable). Also, some people I know at Anandtech forums were interested in that CPU as well.

Heck, looking at the combo deals the retail 3400+ is also $2 less than the OEM 3400+. What gives? Have credit card, will travel.

BTW, have you guys considered carrying the Biostar Tforce6100 board? That makes for a great combo with Semprons.

TheBrain77 said:

-the brain

Yeah, that not standard operating procedure.

He's got a right to post his comment but he should also follow through by posting when the issue is resolved.

I'd be unhappy too if I placed an order on a good deal, lost out on the deal due to cancellation, then found money taken from my account. :eek:

I'm sure it's just a mixup.

Monarch Deals said:
There is obviously something amiss here, I sent you an e-mail for you to contact one of our highest managers. I would hope it goes without saying that we are not doing anything intentionally to you.

Ugh u sent me that email this morning. I am currently at work and are unable to make a call to your manager.

The orders were canceled yesterday. Monarch made no attempt to contact me about any issues with my order. There were no issues with debiting my account.

I have been away from my desk repairing a application. Since this morning some one finally emailed me to simply state the orders were canceled. no other forms of correspondence have been sent.

-thebrain

TheBrain77 said:
Ugh u sent me that email this morning. I am currently at work and are unable to make a call to your manager.

The orders were canceled yesterday. Monarch made no attempt to contact me about any issues with my order. There were no issues with debiting my account.

I have been away from my desk repairing a application. Since this morning some one finally emailed me to simply state the orders were canceled. no other forms of correspondence have been sent.

-thebrain

so take your complaint to the manager he has tried to put you in contact with. it's obviously out of HIS hands. so, take your complaint to the manager, try to remedy the situation. bitching here does nothing,a nd bitching in 2 or 3 thread sis just annoying.

botld92z said:
so take your complaint to the manager he has tried to put you in contact with. it's obviously out of HIS hands. so, take your complaint to the manager, try to remedy the situation. bitching here does nothing,a nd bitching in 2 or 3 thread sis just annoying.

Calling the manager will solve nothing. As i stated above i finally received an email that stated both orders were canceled.. the money will be sent back.

thats really the end of this situation.

At no time did i mention they were keeping my money. that was not a concern. Monarch has a good rep. however...

They made no attempt to contact me with any issue regarding my order. They made no attempt to resolve the situation. Yes i know, i have the mangers phone number. But im at work atm and i cannot call. Its hardly professional for me to call and conduct personal business during office hours.

They could of at least sent me an email with some form of update or reason for the cancellation..

regardless the issue has been handled. They canceled. I am getting refunded. Thats how it would of worked if i had elected to cancel anyhow.

seriously.. im voicing a valid complaint here.. people who take time to bash valid complaints have no ground to stand. as i said in the other thread. this could have easily been you. Instead of taking the time to slam me for voicing a complaint. maybe it would be better to let the matter handle itself. perspective and communication.. take some

-thebrain

Man.. With all of the confusion on this thread, I don't know if I would bite on one of Monarch's Deals..

Bad for everyone..

There should be a new thread created every time a new group of stuff gets posted. The 6 pages of comments gets to confusing and you never know when new stuff gets posted.

Mr. Monarch has been kind enough to post nice deals for us. My feeling is if ya have a beef with Monarch this isnt the place to post it. Also he gave ya a number to call not his fault your at work. You have no time to call but all the time in the world to whine on the forum? Thanks for the deals Mr. Monarch it ashame people have to ruin it for the others.

TheBrain77 said:
Calling the manager will solve nothing. As i stated above i finally received an email that stated both orders were canceled.. the money will be sent back.

thats really the end of this situation.

At no time did i mention they were keeping my money. that was not a concern. Monarch has a good rep. however...

They made no attempt to contact me with any issue regarding my order. They made no attempt to resolve the situation. Yes i know, i have the mangers phone number. But im at work atm and i cannot call. Its hardly professional for me to call and conduct personal business during office hours.

They could of at least sent me an email with some form of update or reason for the cancellation..

regardless the issue has been handled. They canceled. I am getting refunded. Thats how it would of worked if i had elected to cancel anyhow.

seriously.. im voicing a valid complaint here.. people who take time to bash valid complaints have no ground to stand. as i said in the other thread. this could have easily been you. Instead of taking the time to slam me for voicing a complaint. maybe it would be better to let the matter handle itself. perspective and communication.. take some

-thebrain

That. was... really hard. to read. with all the periods instead. of... commas. :p

TheBluePill said:
Man.. With all of the confusion on this thread, I don't know if I would bite on one of Monarch's Deals..

Bad for everyone..

I sum it up to make it easy to understand

alot of items state: low stock if soldout will be sent email

it is my opinion that items he ordered were sold-out therefor he was refunded, i do also believe that monarch would have sent a email to state the reasoning behind the cancelation, in due time. i believe its difficult for monarch to keep their usual 12 hour email responds at this time due to their various discounts at this time. in time (24-36 hours tops) i believe an email would have been sent out to him.

amd ati fo sho

TheBrain77 said:

-thebrain

I never questioned the validity of your complaint and totally agree with you. But I've read your complaint in 2 or 3 threads already. I really don't give a fuck to open every hot deals thread concerning Monarch to read about you had a problem that you admit is now resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back