Newest Drivers screw with my DPI

Stormwalker

Limp Gawd
Alright, I have a bone to pick with ATI's current drivers. I have an ATI Radeon 9800Pro. The drivers I had on here were downloaded September. I figure that I should download the latest drivers once in a while (like twice a year) so I went ahead and just downloaded the current drivers from ATI. However, once installed, it forced 96dpi. This sucked because I am using my "secondary" computer, which has a very not-so-nice 17" CRT. So running 1024x768 at 96dpi is not my preference. I have it set at 120dpi. But with the latest drivers, I could try setting the dpi at anything I wanted, even 150%, yet every restart it would be 96dpi. So I just uninstalled the driver and reloaded the drivers I downloaded in September (I still had the setup file - I am kind of a packrat). The display works fine again, and I can set the dpi at anything I want, and it works. So I am sort of confused at what is causing this, perhaps the new drivers do not support my crappy Logisys 17" monitor or something? I guess I am not overly concerned, since the most graphically intensive thing I do with my computer is play Warcraft 3, so I guess old drivers work fine for now. It was just kind of frustrating restarting my computer 35692647835620657 times to try to get the new drivers to work with no avail. Boo @ ATI

Back