newer nvidia cards on the horizon?

AndreRio

[H]ard|Gawd
do you guys think is it a good idea buying a 1080ti now?

are there newer nvidia cards coming out on the horizon soon?

thanks. thats a while from now. good idea buying a 1080ti, future proof for a while?

I'd say if you NEED a new card and got money to burn, then sure, pull that trigger. If you simply WANT a new card, I'd just hold off and see what the 1180/2080 offers (anyone know what nVidia settled on? still haven't heard).

In the past, the x80/xx80 of the new series has had a slight edge in FPS over the former x80Ti/xx80Ti variant, but we won't know until benches are run on it. Pretty safe to say it's going to be a slight upgrade/semi-side-grade to the current Ti, anything more performance-wise and I'd be surprised.

That being said, I think you'd have a really hard time finding a disappointed 1080Ti owner, everything I read is overwhelming positive about them.

What's your target res and fps btw?

I'd say if you NEED a new card and got money to burn, then sure, pull that trigger. If you simply WANT a new card, I'd just hold off and see what the 1180/2080 offers (anyone know what nVidia settled on? still haven't heard).

In the past, the x80/xx80 of the new series has had a slight edge in FPS over the former x80Ti/xx80Ti variant, but we won't know until benches are run on it. Pretty safe to say it's going to be a slight upgrade/semi-side-grade to the current Ti, anything more performance-wise and I'd be surprised.

That being said, I think you'd have a really hard time finding a disappointed 1080Ti owner, everything I read is overwhelming positive about them.

What's your target res and fps btw?
1080 Ti, pretty much awesome all the way around except at 4K and using scaling which gives noticeable blur. Still the best gaming card out there.

Back