Newegg's Patent Troll Sale -- July 28th

TaintedSquirrel

[H]F Junkie
kh4MinL.png

Is this one of those sales where they jack up MSRP by 5% and then discount by 7% and call it a sale?

Is this one of those sales where they jack up MSRP by 5% and then discount by 7% and call it a sale?

I have actually patented this already.I am now sending my attorneys after newegg for patent infringement if this happens.

I don't get it, are they discounting items that the patent trolls were affecting? Or is it just a self-congratulatory PR stunt?

I don't get it, are they discounting items that the patent trolls were affecting? Or is it just a self-congratulatory PR stunt?

Option B, plus trying to publicize their win as an underhanded warning to other patent trolls who might wanna screw with them.

Good on them for their win.

Hope there is something in this sale I can use :D

This cant be no worst then Amazons awesome sale they had the other day. What a joke that was

You'll soon find out that nothing really worth owning ever does go on sale. Rarely if at all.

Hand made wing tips: no sales.
Current, stable, enthusiast grade tech: no sales.
Nice carbon bicycles: no sales.

I suppose I just mainly consume inelastic products.

No, you just like quality stuff. That doesn't go on sale because well they don't overproduce any of it and it's costlier to manufacture. I find myself in the same situation, so I buy what I need when I need it, sales be damned.

It'll probably be the same as any other daily Newegg sale.
They tried to pimp off the Nvidia MGS V bundle as a sale a few days ago. The card was literally MSRP. No rebate, nothing.

Mostly underwhelming, although I did buy an MG279Q for $550. I've had my eye on that monitor for a few weeks now.

The Crucial Ballistix Tactical is amazing ram for the price. 16 GB for $80! 8-8-8-24, 1600 @ 1.35. And others have run them at 1866 at the same timings. Similar to the Samsung Wonder sticks.

Silly how they advertise the 1tb ssd + free memory for $380.....when the advertised ssd is/was on sale for $310 elsewhere.

I bought the $40 1155 itx board. Now to find a CPU, should make a good HTP or mame brain, or both :eek:

The Crucial Ballistix Tactical is amazing ram for the price. 16 GB for $80! 8-8-8-24, 1600 @ 1.35. And others have run them at 1866 at the same timings. Similar to the Samsung Wonder sticks.

Que? Link? I don't see these as part of this sale and they're showing at $95.

Back