Newegg's 480 Listing

Cards won't be available for 2 weeks. Enough time for Newegg's software's algorithms to "adjust" the prices "properly".

I see that they do have the prices on the left for $500 to $750, I think that the 700 range is what people will have to pay. I'd wait for Christmas to get one, might be cheaper.

Looks like none of the manufactures had much time to do graphics design for the GTX 480s. Shows that Nvidia is really pushing this launch down to the wire.

Looks like none of the manufactures had much time to do graphics design for the GTX 480s. Shows that Nvidia is really pushing this launch down to the wire.

Look at the hsf (GTX 480) what could you possible add, would you like to see a sticker pasted on the Heatsink? :D Its not like the older shells which had alot of marketing space, well at least the gtx 470 has some stickers you happy! :D

If the 5850's drop to $250, 5850's in CF should = GTX 480 right?

They'd be practically equal in price but dual 5850s would use less power and be quieter.

They'd be practically equal in price but dual 5850s would use less power and be quieter.

5850 CF != GTX 480

it will be 5850CF > GTX 480...

Cards won't be available for 2 weeks. Enough time for Newegg's software's algorithms to "adjust" the prices "properly".

Newegg might not "adjust", and they may adjust the price by let's say $50.00, who knows. But at the same time amazon.com's pre-order, EVGA's pre-order direct from them and so forth is at the same prices as Newegg's listing. So although it might not prevent them from adding $50.00,it might make them think twice too.

As an aside, very generally speaking IF Newegg does add up to $50.00 to the price, it's usually AFTER they sell out of a stock. This is just a listing to show that they will have the cards "soon". Again there's exceptions but usually they have the first batch at retail, then if it's a hot seller up the price a bit.

Not truly defending Newegg, I will shop there but they are just a store to me, and yes I am aware of what happened fairly recently with one forum member's CPU purchase too. But I don't see them as the "evil etailer" either. Kind of does make me wonder if another etailer were to get larger them then this time next year, if THAT one would be the evil one and Newegg go to being saints.

Newegg will start bumping prices once they start selling the cards. While they are OOS, prices won't change at all.

It should out perform a single GTX 480. I wouldn't do it though as I would much prefer two 480 GTX's in SLI rather than 2 HD5850's. It would be a much larger jump in performance which is what my main focus is. Noise, heat & power consumption are not issues to me.

holy shit, EVGA went for a Superclocked? Sure the OC looks a bit meager but they have balls non-the-less.

EVGA already has a Watercooled ready version, for the small fee of $650.

BFG has a section titled "400 Series" on their site, but nothing comes up other than the title.

Was curious if we'd see OC versions. I'd have to think since AIBs don't have too much time with retail cards before getting them to etailer/retailers, the binning process is very limited. So, a vanilla 480 should have a very good chance to OC along sku'ed versions, like the SSC or FTW?

Keeping it on auto-refresh in case it comes in stock before Amazon's pre-order shows through... ;).

It should out perform a single GTX 480. I wouldn't do it though as I would much prefer two 480 GTX's in SLI rather than 2 HD5850's. It would be a much larger jump in performance which is what my main focus is. Noise, heat & power consumption are not issues to me.
Well you need to consider min fps performance as well. The 480 should kick its the xfire setup on that department.
I do hope those prices stay there....we will see :eek:

The EVGA web-site pre-orders were sold out 17 hours ago. The card was announced about 16 hours 45 minutes ago. If the site rounds, the card for 499 direct from EVGA sold out in 15 minutes, both the WC and stock cooler versions.

The EVGA web-site pre-orders were sold out 17 hours ago. The card was announced about 16 hours 45 minutes ago. If the site rounds, the card for 499 direct from EVGA sold out in 15 minutes, both the WC and stock cooler versions.

Clearly Fermi is a massive failure then that no one will want to buy. Too late, too hot, too slow for anyone to ever consider buying... anyone ordering one is obviously a fool :p!

/sarcasm

Amazing!

Back