Newegg, XFX Radeon HD 5850 1GB $269.99 with Promo Code, FS, Ends 6/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting cooling shroud design, but personally I would stick with reference cards. Plus, the full reference shroud looks way more bad-ass. :D

I went ahead and pulled the trigger, needed an upgrade from my 8800gt.

hmmm, just saw this "Non-reference board so no software voltage control - this severely limits your ability to overclock this card to it's full potential. If you are looking for 850-1000 gpu core, you won't get it on this card despite it being capable of doing it."

Last edited:
hmmm, just saw this "Non-reference board so no software voltage control - this severely limits your ability to overclock this card to it's full potential. If you are looking for 850-1000 gpu core, you won't get it on this card despite it being capable of doing it."
Eriksrocks said:
...personally I would stick with reference cards.
This is one of the reasons why. I wouldn't worry about it too much though, unless you planned on serious overclocking.

What's the difference between the XFX HD-585X-ZAFC and the XFX HD-585X-ZNFC?

What's the difference between the XFX HD-585X-ZAFC and the XFX HD-585X-ZNFC?

I think the cooling design is different. I'm not sure I was looking at those 2 cards, and I quite couldnt' put my finger on it.

Wow. Hahaha I should look next time. Are there any reviews on either card? How are the temp differences?

Wow. Hahaha I should look next time. Are there any reviews on either card? How are the temp differences?

Just and FYI, my response wasn't sarcastic. I wasn't 100% sure lol. I was leaving it open for someone else to chime in.

Just and FYI, my response wasn't sarcastic. I wasn't 100% sure lol. I was leaving it open for someone else to chime in.

I thought about it at first if I should respond in a bad manner but I'm glad I didn't.

It's partly my fault for not actually looking at the ZNFC :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back