Newegg Xbox Gold Live: 12 Month Membership US (Digital Code) $49.99

I think you can only convert the months 1:1 to Ultimate if you haven't done it before.
If you already did a conversion on your account, you will get months added per value, ie. 12 months Live is worth $60 so you get $60 worth of Ultimate, so 4 months will get added.

Also, you can only do a max of 36 months so when you are adding each card to your account, do not add the extra free month as this will cause you to not be able to add the 3rd card to you account.
After you have 36 months of Live, you can convert it to 36 months of Game Pass Ultimate.

I did this last year, so I would suggest finding out if they are still offering the 1:1 Live to Ultimate conversion.

I think you can only convert the months 1:1 to Ultimate if you haven't done it before.
If you already did a conversion on your account, you will get months added per value, ie. 12 months Live is worth $60 so you get $60 worth of Ultimate, so 4 months will get added.

Also, you can only do a max of 36 months so when you are adding each card to your account, do not add the extra free month as this will cause you to not be able to add the 3rd card to you account.
After you have 36 months of Live, you can convert it to 36 months of Game Pass Ultimate.

I did this last year, so I would suggest finding out if they are still offering the 1:1 Live to Ultimate conversion.
  1. where can I find out?
  2. assuming nothing has changed, do you have to pay for 1 month of Ultimate, or can you use the free month of ultimate that they're forever offering?

1. where can I find out?
  2. assuming nothing has changed, do you have to pay for 1 month of Ultimate, or can you use the free month of ultimate that they're forever offering?
you buy the 12 month gold cards, add them to your account, then pay the $1 for Ultimate and it will convert all your months to Ultimate.
Reddit users just mentioned that it still works.

After you add the Live Gold to your account, go here and pay the $1 and it will do the conversion,
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold/upgrade

If you already used the $1 or free Ultimate, then you have to pay the $15 for the month to start the conversion.

Also, you can't have an active Ultimate Subscription or it will just add the 12 month card as 4 months of Ultimate. Your Ultimate has to be expired to get the 1:1 conversion.

Last edited:
you buy the 12 month gold cards, add them to your account, then pay the $1 for Ultimate and it will convert all your months to Ultimate.
Reddit users just mentioned that it still works.

After you add the Live Gold to your account, go here and pay the $1 and it will do the conversion,
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold/upgrade

If you already used the $1 or free Ultimate, then you have to pay the $15 for the month to start the conversion.

Also, you can't have an active Ultimate Subscription or it will just add the 12 month card as 4 months of Ultimate. Your Ultimate has to be expired to get the 1:1 conversion.
Thanks. This is great info.

Back