[NEWEGG] Western Digital Caviar Green WD15EADS 1.5TB SATA

Also a combo deal where you can get an external drive reader for $20... never used one so can't comment on quality.

oooo and you could use the 2% cashback on this....

In for 2

Last edited:
been waiting for this. thanks op, ill be good on storage for another 2 months now... :D

Is newegg really that bad when it comes to hard drive shipping?Cuz I've heard newegg sucks at shipping hard drives is that still true? Cuz if it isn't then I will jump on this now.

Bought one of these earlier today too. Replacing a 500gb drive... sata cable was wedged on way too tight and the plastic tab ripped off even though it was pulled straight back :( The copper contacts however were fine and was able to retrieve all of the data.

Is newegg really that bad when it comes to hard drive shipping?Cuz I've heard newegg sucks at shipping hard drives is that still true? Cuz if it isn't then I will jump on this now.

I got 3 drives from them this past year and they wrap them in thick bubble wrap.

At first I thought it was hokey, but thought about it and am actually not really bothered by it. Prevents it from shock probably better than being loose in a pocket of some kind.

Nice deal on the drive!!

But... since Newegg Dropped [H]ardOCP flat last week Im going to try and do the same. My last purchase for $290 was processed at a snails pace and sent via shitty UPS ground which doesn't deliver on Saturdays unless you pay a little extra (which newegg doesn't even give you the option to do)

So Newegg, Heres saying thanks for 10 years of service.

Just purchased a Corsair 750HX from ZipZoomfly. Shipping was free, and even though it said FedEx ground 5-7 days. I got it with in 1 day of being shipped and 2 days with in ordering.

Just my 2 cents

But... since Newegg Dropped [H]ardOCP flat last week Im going to try and do the same. My last purchase for $290 was processed at a snails pace and sent via shitty UPS ground which doesn't deliver on Saturdays unless you pay a little extra (which newegg doesn't even give you the option to do)

OT, but why did Newegg drop [H]? I can't imagine a better/wider audience than these forums :confused:

Nice deal on the drive!!

Just purchased a Corsair 750HX from ZipZoomfly. Shipping was free, and even though it said FedEx ground 5-7 days. I got it with in 1 day of being shipped and 2 days with in ordering.

Just my 2 cents

what sense is it? advertising changes all the time, i was pissed to see home depot let tony stewart go but that doesnt mean i wont go back to the store...

I'm in for one, see how it goes. The newegg return policy is dubious - but hoping for the best.

I just ordered four to upgrade my RAID 5 array of four 500GB SATA Seagate drives. Hawt! :D
Thanks

Bought one of these earlier today too. Replacing a 500gb drive... sata cable was wedged on way too tight and the plastic tab ripped off even though it was pulled straight back :( The copper contacts however were fine and was able to retrieve all of the data.

I believe they've gotten better lately. I've never gotten a bad HD from them yet, but your experience may vary. In any case, they are pretty excellent on the RMAs if anything does go wrong.

$109.99 now. Still a good deal IMO.

WD20EADS went down to $200.

So unreasonably overpriced at this point.

Heh, I remember paying $120 back in the day for my WD 120. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, paying a dollar a gig =P And it was also when Sata first hit the market. Put two of those in Raid 1.

Nor can I, see sig for Kyle quote.

Because they don't need the advertising? I can't remember the last time I noticed, let alone clicked on a Newegg ad from here. They get enough "advertising" through word of mouth, Hot Deals posting, etc.

Because they don't need the advertising? I can't remember the last time I noticed, let alone clicked on a Newegg ad from here. They get enough "advertising" through word of mouth, Hot Deals posting, etc.

That's what you don't get... No more Hot Deals postings.

Kyle was probably single handily responsible for a large part of their growth over the last 10 years. It's only right they help support him. But now that their going IPO it seems they are cutting back.

They also did not say why they ended the deal. Which is shady to me.

Point is I'll take my money else where when I can.

That's what you don't get... No more Hot Deals postings.

Kyle was probably single handily responsible for a large part of their growth over the last 10 years. It's only right they help support him. But now that their going IPO it seems they are cutting back.

They also did not say why they ended the deal. Which is shady to me.

Point is I'll take my money else where when I can.

He likely means Hot Deals postings such as this thread where Newegg receives free advertisement.

I've been wanting to grab one of these 1.5TB drives (green), but I am waiting for a deal with no tax for CA residents. Hopefully Amazon does something like this deal.

Nice deal on the drive!!

Just my 2 cents

Campaigns change all the time *shrug*. As far as RipBoomLie, well, have fun with them once something inevitably and quickly goes wrong...

He likely means Hot Deals postings such as this thread where Newegg receives free advertisement.

I've been wanting to grab one of these 1.5TB drives (green), but I am waiting for a deal with no tax for CA residents. Hopefully Amazon does something like this deal.

Correct, this is what I meant.

And sorry, in the grand scheme of internet retailers, someone pulling advertising from a web forum (REGARDLESS of the history) during an incredibly shitty economic period while trying to make a business choice which should (theoretically) let them expand.... just really doesn't rank up there with me with things to make me drop a retailer.

First sign of their customer service waning, product quality dropping, shipping time lengthening, etc and I will move on. I moved from ZZF to Newegg when Newegg became the better choice and I will gladly switch back if ZZF becomes superior.

Until then, I'll soak up the deals :)

Kyle was probably single handily responsible for a large part of their growth over the last 10 years.

Now that's just ridiculous. Websites like this one have helped grow their business, but come the fuck on.

Now that's just ridiculous. Websites like this one have helped grow their business, but come the fuck on.

I think you underestimate how many people came though this site over the last year... 5 years. With just about every review saying: "You can pick this great item up at newegg for $XXX.XX"

Not to mention all the buzz on the forums that happened because of it.

I don't underestimate that number at all. This site and the word of mouth generated here has definitely boosted neweggs sales over the years. But It's important to remember that [H] isn't the only hardware site, and it isn't even the largest. So someone saying that Kyle was single handedly responsible for the growth of someone else' Billion dollar business is taking it waaaaay overboard.

who's to say hardocp traffic hasnt grown because of newegg's deals? its a mutual relationship, and in business everyone breaks up eventually.

Good deal.. I want one but after hearing about Newegg... well Im a little more faithful than that. I don't owe anyone anything but at the same time, I can shop elsewhere, but I can't find another site as diverse and enjoyable as this one. Same goes for radio shows or tv shows etc.. if an advertiser drops that program then they must believe that the programs followers aren't thier customers.. so I won't be :)

The hotdeals from newegg on here stunk, I have bought much from the egg, and none from their posted deals here. Never got a bad drive from egg. Zipzoomfly takes days to process your order, kind of defeats the 2 day shipping option you pay for. I wont use zzf any longer because of the delay of all orders I have placed with them.

I agree with the above, all of my computer-savvy friends go to Newegg as a default to look for things, but I'm the only one that ever comes here to HardOCP. It seems to me that they had an advertising deal here, and they've ended it. So why would they be boycotted now?

Well I bit for 2 yesterday with the free shipping. Being delivered today :). But I do live in Vegas so I get fast shipping and no sales tax :)

Mine just got delivered today. Newegg seems to have improved their packing/shipping practices for OEM harddrives. I am happy. :)

Honestly who cares about the newegg deals? They sucked miserably. 76.99 for a zotac geforce 9600 5 months ago.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back