Newegg video card deals (mulitple):

Hmm that 7850 wouldn't be bad for a budget gaming system for 129$

Anything else out there right now that would be better for the money?

I don't see anything great. gtx 770 4gb could be had at $365 after MIB for weeks now. maybe not the PNY but a Couple others....

Seems like the GTX 670 for $200 is a better deal than the 760.

Even though it's an older design, still faster and cooler than the 760.

Seems like the GTX 670 for $200 is a better deal than the 760.

Even though it's an older design, still faster and cooler than the 760.

I was thinking about that but three things.

1. It seems to actually trade blows with the 760 based on H's tests.
  2. I don't feel like going through a rebate hassle.
  3. Asus has horrid customer support. So you'll most likely get a great working product, but if you there is something wrong. Be prepared for asian tomfoolery.

I was thinking about that but three things.

1. It seems to actually trade blows with the 760 based on H's tests.
  2. I don't feel like going through a rebate hassle.
  3. Asus has horrid customer support. So you'll most likely get a great working product, but if you there is something wrong. Be prepared for asian tomfoolery.

I agree, but the main reason for me was the rebate hassle plus I have a Zotac GTX 560 that is running well that I want to stick to the same brand. I also had Asus products fail on me before too.

Is there a big difference in performance on the various 770s compared to the stock version that I posted in my previous post? In other words, can a reference 770 be OC'd to match "superclocked" ones?

The evga 770 with the ACX cooler looks like a good deal especially with the 5% off coupon. Good deal?

Nice, im so tempted to get this... It will fit my waterblock! My 770 i have now doesnt fit the waterblock i bought.

For $280 plus whatever the games will sell for. Great price! So tempted! Idk what cyber monday will have though!
Yeah, same here. I'm hoping for $260 or even $250 for Cyber Monday. Or at least a better branded one, like EVGA, to be around this price that MSI currently has.

What 770 do you have that's so much bigger?

Yeah, same here. I'm hoping for $260 or even $250 for Cyber Monday. Or at least a better branded one, like EVGA, to be around this price that MSI currently has.

What 770 do you have that's so much bigger?

I have the Galaxy 770, but the pcb lay out is different from the stock pcb's, so the cooler doesn't fit on the vrams and what not... Didn't realize it until i got the block in and tried installing haha!

I have the Galaxy 770, but the pcb lay out is different from the stock pcb's, so the cooler doesn't fit on the vrams and what not... Didn't realize it until i got the block in and tried installing haha!

Oh man that sucks. Well, at least you now found a 770 that will fit. :cool:

Asus has horrid customer support.

Agreed about this.

I have an ASUS GTX 670 that has worked very well (so far).
And when the DirectCU cards work, they are really nice... cool, quiet, efficient.

But I have had RMA issues with ASUS in the past (not on video cards), so there's that.

I've never had rebate problems, but there's always a first time.

Is there a big difference in performance on the various 770s compared to the stock version that I posted in my previous post? In other words, can a reference 770 be OC'd to match "superclocked" ones?

The nice thing about the reference cards with the blower like on this model is if you are running a small case (think SFF) its ideal because it blows heat out the back. Can it overclock or stay as quiet as well as the non reference cards? Maybe. Maybe not. But you can still get some really good performance out of it. It depends on the OC card in question. Some OC cards are OCed a little and some a lot. The reference cards should be able to match most types of OCed cards. They may do it louder though. I also hear they are good for running in a multi gpu set up where air can get passed through between the cards. These reference cards still have a place in the gaming world despite what people may think.

The evga 770 with the ACX cooler looks like a good deal especially with the 5% off coupon. Good deal?

Just so you know, Newegg wont combine any coupons with video cards that have the holiday gift bundle, so like... none of the good Nvidia cards.

Just so you know, Newegg wont combine any coupons with video cards that have the holiday gift bundle, so like... none of the good Nvidia cards.

It seems to be a product specific code, since it works when I tried it; and it came with the game bundle.

Just got the email promotion from Newegg.
Wow... the cybermonday offers for video cards are so.... horrible.. and over half of the cards are "out of stock", to boot.

Just got the email promotion from Newegg.
Wow... the cybermonday offers for video cards are so.... horrible.. and over half of the cards are "out of stock", to boot.

You noticed that as well eh?:rolleyes:..All they did was keep the crappy items that didn't sell from their BF sale..That is why the GPU's are already OOS when the "Cyber Monday" sale wasn't supposed to go live until 3:01AM EST, 13 whopping minutes ago...I actually had the BF sale page open in a tab that I forgot to close, and I checked between the two and they are literally the same thing.

Yup, looks like most of the good deals are sold out by now. Kinda wishing I'd gone for that sapphire 7870 at $145. Oh well.

Yup, looks like most of the good deals are sold out by now. Kinda wishing I'd gone for that sapphire 7870 at $145. Oh well.

They have the powercolor 7870 ghz edition for $130 after rebate. Maybe there's something about the sapphire version that I don't know that makes it a better deal?

got the msi 7850 when it was a $100, but kind of regret not splurging an extra $30 for the msi 7870, my psu only has one 6pin and didn't feel like spending anymore money on a living room steam machine/HTPC. So far got the max overclock that Catalyst allows for both the chip and memory, working like a charm so far. Estimating im around stock 7870 performance levels, cant beat that kind of price/performance value, especially if Mantle lives up to the hype and delivers an extra free performance boost.

Last edited:
They have the powercolor 7870 ghz edition for $130 after rebate. Maybe there's something about the sapphire version that I don't know that makes it a better deal?

I think its a difference between reference cooler vs 2 fan design on the sapphire. That and 1 DVI vs 2 DVI ports. The sapphire is back in stock now actually. Plus I'm impatient when it comes to rebates (and burned on a few in the past).

Back