Newegg Trade-in Program - Have you used it?

Notleh

Limp Gawd
On a recent Newegg purchase I saw the flier for Newegg's trade-in program for old tech. I checked out a few items I had laying around and the prices seemed pretty good.

Has anyone used this program?

http://newegg.gazelle.com/

Good? LOL, they want to give you 12 bucks for a Nintendo Wii. Sounds like Best Buy's ripoff turn in.

Well they themselves will turn around and sell it for a very cheap price. Did you expect top dollar? People complain about Gamestop's trade in prices but you'd get even less if they were turning around and reselling them at online's prices.

hmm..... supposedly my zune8gb is worth more than my phone(htc g2) . 12 bucks vs (no value) LOL

EDIT ooops i marked no on does it make calls.

Just looks like a service newegg uses..gazelle sets the price and newegg pays gazelle for its services. Standard, IMO. But, I have never used these services..I think newegg is doing the logical thing here, use its name, use a service and not have to worry about the overhead.

Prices, yeah they suck. But, its just like when you take a car in for trade..you know you will get raked on a price and lose money. BUT, you never have to worry about the overhead of trying to sell it yourself, negotiating and signing it away.

Back