Newegg "Summer's End" Sale

Notleh

Limp Gawd
Newegg mailing for "Summer's End Sale."

Sales lasts 2-5 days, depending on the deal.

Best I saw was 20% off Rosewill external enclosures and 10% off +free shipping for Corsair PSU's.

Just ordered an AX1200 yesterday :(. Trying to see if they can apply the discount retroactively.

Got this email. Hard for me to get excited about 10%. I've been eyeing up the 23" ASUS monitor for a while, but even at that I havent pulled the trigger on it.

who makes the Rosewill PSU's? Are they any good?

Like most PSU resellers Rosewill doesn't use just one company to make their power supplies. I don't know who makes all the different PSU's off hand, but I thinkthe Lightening series is made by Super Flower.

Eh 20% off any cable might save me a dollar or two on some 3pin fan extensions I was debating buying last night

high end psu? Rosewill? Same sentence? Please don't try to mislead people.

Their 80Plus Gold Lightning Series is well built, but i am sure you've had plenty of experience with it before making that comment.

Their 80Plus Gold Lightning Series is well built, but i am sure you've had plenty of experience with it before making that comment.

So please share your own personal experience. I see you have an XFX 850w.

Rosewill is a crap shoot; you don't know what manufacturer made the psu. My comment was regarding the name Rosewill. I did not claim to have any experience with this particular unit. I made that comment because Rosewill has put out many crappy psus and has used different manufacturers for the same models of their psus.

I found a review for a "Super Flower" 1300w brand; and it seems to be good.
Additionally, I found a site that claims this 1300W Rosewill is oem Superflower. However, the pictures don't even come close to looking the same.

So this one model may be good, but Rosewill is a crapshoot. My original comment still stands and that second link proves it. Rosewill should generally not be recommended because you don't know what you're getting.

I dont know, but id never buy rosewill.... Corsair/Antec/XFX/Seasonic ftw....

Anyways, id love to buy a corsair 650tx2 newegg, just drop it by $10-15 before the coupon code and you got a sale! :)

LOL. There's a reason why Rosewill is a brand of PSU that is avoided... reviews like this one: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/02/16/entry_level_power_supply_roundup/9

Yea a review of their crappy budget PSU clearly indicate this one is crap too.

Here is a review from Jonnyguru on the same unit with Super Flower's own brand name: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=240
It got 9/10 and the only reason it wasn't higher was due to its price at the time.

So please share your own personal experience. I see you have an XFX 850w.

Rosewill is a crap shoot; you don't know what manufacturer made the psu. My comment was regarding the name Rosewill. I did not claim to have any experience with this particular unit. I made that comment because Rosewill has put out many crappy psus and has used different manufacturers for the same models of their psus.

I found a review for a "Super Flower" 1300w brand; and it seems to be good.
Additionally, I found a site that claims this 1300W Rosewill is oem Superflower. However, the pictures don't even come close to looking the same.

So this one model may be good, but Rosewill is a crapshoot. My original comment still stands and that second link proves it. Rosewill should generally not be recommended because you don't know what you're getting.

I built about 50 systems in the past two years, just cuz it's not in my sig doesn't mean I haven't used it. I haven't used this particular 1300W version because i never had the need, but I put together a system with the 800W a while back running 2x 6950s and it has had no issues so far.

My PSU died last night, so this fell into my lap perfect. Saving is saving when in need. :D

from the rear and top facing pix on jonnys and neweggs sites, i'd say it is the same PSU with a different style modular design. While not a rediculous price, still pretty good at $210.

Yea a review of their crappy budget PSU clearly indicate this one is crap too.

Here is a review from Jonnyguru on the same unit with Super Flower's own brand name: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=240
It got 9/10 and the only reason it wasn't higher was due to its price at the time.
Then I would buy the Super Flower one since that is the one that got the good review. Not the rebadged Rosewill one that did not get reviewed and who knows what was changed when it was commissioned. Sorry man, but the PSU world is full of swindlers.

And why would you go buy an unknown PSU from a brand that has a poor track record on some of it's models, when you can just buy a good one that you know is good with no worries?

You are right, I should go find another 1300W 80 Plus Gold unit for $170 from a brand with a good track record. :)

was hoping there was a 5.25" rosewill enclosure but there isnt :(

If that 20% was off Corsair PSUs, it would be on like Donkey Kong.

Are there any other high quality PSUs with flat, modular cables?

i've had a few excellent rosewill psu's I'm ordering one as a backup unit. that will reside in a folding box til i need it.

Also grabbing an decent air cooler to either use in a build or just have for when i inevitably need one.

Speaking of PSU's, oddly enough, my PC P&C Silencer bit the dust tonight while in hour 2 of some Bad Company 2 gaming. It's only 2yrs old out of it's 5yr warranty, so RMAing it.

who makes the Rosewill PSU's? Are they any good?

Not sure who makes them, but I have an old 900W or 950W one and it's been working great. Used to have it in my main rig powering SLI, now it sits in my HTPC which is on 24/7.

is a corsair 520hx (3-4 years old now I think) enough to power a new PC? (probably 2500k processor, stick with 6850 graphics card, 1 SSD, 2HDD, 8 fans..)

I will probably be building in a month though...might start picking up parts is all

is a corsair 520hx (3-4 years old now I think) enough to power a new PC? (probably 2500k processor, stick with 6850 graphics card, 1 SSD, 2HDD, 8 fans..)

I will probably be building in a month though...might start picking up parts is all

Seems like you might be pushing it with all that stuff plus 8 (why?) fans...

I used a Rosewill PS in a computer I built for a family member. It was either a 450 or 500w. I don't remember exactly what model it was, but it did have active PFC and was 80+ certified. It has been going fine for over a year now.

Rosewill stuff, from my experience with multiple different items they sell has been very positive. I have yet to receive any DOA parts from them and haven't had any fail either.

technically he is just fine as that setup would only pull about 250 watts. even with ocing the 2500k and 6850 a bit, he would still only hit around 300 watts or so. that psu is 3-4 years old though so I am not sure how many more years it has left.

Grabbed the Corsair HX650w for $88 after promo code and MIR. Sweet deal.

3 on my massive radiator, 1 on top of the case, 2 in front, 1 in back

so 7 actually, all 120mm - it's a cooler master stacker and my processor is under room temperature when not under load :)

anyway I'll stick with my 520hx, keep on eye out for the SSD I want to get one a deal comes...maybe mobo / processor / ram if something sweet comes up

Grabbed the Corsair HX650w for $88 after promo code and MIR. Sweet deal.

I am almost positive it said $20 MIR, now when I go to download the form it says $10 MIR. I found a 20 MIR but it ended a day before. :confused: I guess $98 is not bad, but I'm pretty certain it was supposed to be $88. Also when I tried to download the pdf from the product page the link was dead. Maybe there was an error on their end.

edit: Tried chatting with a rep and got nowhere. Basically she didn't believe I saw it as $20 and told me the form clearly shows the rebate dates. What makes this funnier is she gave me a link for $20 off dated the 15th-21st. :rolleyes: Won't be making that mistake again, double check rebates before purchase.

Another thing a bit annoying is the $10 MIR is dated for the whole month of Sept, yet they have 2 seperate $20 MIRs dated within the month as well.

Last edited:
3 on my massive radiator, 1 on top of the case, 2 in front, 1 in back

so 7 actually, all 120mm - it's a cooler master stacker and my processor is under room temperature when not under load :)

Sir, unless you have a water chiller, that is impossible.

I believe Super Flower is not available under its own name in North America.
From memory the best Kingwin, Sentey Golden Steele, and about four other excellent PSUs are relabelled Super Flower.

More realistically my idle temp is room temperature which is still ridiculous - but somehow I have seen it report a few degrees below room temp which I guess it's just not accurate. It has been with the last two computers with this setup(according to core temp and I will post temperatures with the new computer I will build in a couple months). Doesn't make sense to me either.

Back