Newegg still shipping B3 q6600's

azure

Limp Gawd
As the title states - I recieved a $%&^* B3 yesterday instead of a GO from newegg yesterday.

Be aware - I am keeping it and will oc anyway. I just got a tuniq 120 and if anyone has one and a coolermaster 830 case, the tuniq is too large to use along with the 4 side case fans.

Just wanted to share some info

As the title states - I recieved a $%&^* B3 yesterday instead of a GO from newegg yesterday.

Be aware - I am keeping it and will oc anyway. I just got a tuniq 120 and if anyone has one and a coolermaster 830 case, the tuniq is too large to use along with the 4 side case fans.

Just wanted to share some info

I'm a little biased since i have a B3 as well, but i don't think you'll be dissapointed with your chip. My OC is pretty damn conservative. I'm stable at 3.2Ghz (with a sub-par cooler, zalman 9500) but decided to keep it @ 3.0Ghz just to have peace of mind. I didn't even attempt higher than 3.2 so for all i know i could still have some headroom. Keep the B3 and see how it overclocks for you.

Thanks for the heads up. I was on the verge of getting a QC just for fun til the new proc's came out. No way I'd settle for a B3, since I'm an OC junkie.

get it from antaresdigital.com or something like that. Got my G0 from them.

Lies, Newegg always burns all of the old version of a part any time the manufacturer starts making a new revision in a pagan offering to the gods of tech conducted by Al Gore. Everyone knows this. ;)

In other news, they still package their hard drives by taping some bubble wrap around them and tossing them loose in a box. They're a nice place to look, but not nearly as good as they used to be, and rarely a first choice for where to get stuff anymore. Their returns policy used to be pretty nice and made up for a few deficiencies here and there, but it seems to be 30-day only on a lot of stuff now, and they charge "restocking fee" even if it's their screw-up or a DOA/defective. Still auto-refund on refused shipments though, I believe...that's something, I guess (if you can tell the parts are DOA at the door, which isn't often).

Antares is most likely getting my next CPU buy...this move is probably making them a tidy profit, and putting them on the radar for other purchases.

My Q6600 came today via UPS. It's a G0. This thread had me a bit worried earlier. I'm happy now. :D

G0s overclock BETTER, but B3s still overclock well. 3.4 is P95 24 hour stable on mine and 3.5 is good for the few hours I tried. Between the RAID array and an impending rad swap, I've held off from pushing it for the last couple weeks, but I think the chip has a bit more in it.

No one has a right to bitch unless they were guaranteed a G0 and got a B3.

THANK YOU. This is like the aholes who RMA their chips cause they didn't get an extra 100mhz out of them when overclocking

$282.13 from the ncixus place mentioned above, $279.99 from the egg. Both were brand new. However, egg has open-boxed quad cores for $250.99.

282=guaranteed G0
279=maybe or maybe not
250=I'm guessin guaranteed B3

I didn't bother going into detail about taxes or shipping. My point was: If I can pay approximately $3 for 100mhz, then ya, put me on the list with the A-holes, lol.

ncixus.com is shipping B3s and G0s, YMMV with them. Go with Clubit.com

Thanks for that! I'll be lapping mine when I buy it so $266.50 for a guaranteed G0 from Clubit is getting to the trigger point. OEM but lapping will make warranty 0 days anyways. I can't find the B3 any cheaper but I'm sure it's out there. This is just my opinion on what I want in my machine, not tryin to bust on anybody for for having/getting a B3.

I posted this not to bitch - but to inform - for those considering ordering and wanting a GO. Re read my first post - it says I am keeping it and will oc anyway.

Maybe I should have titled it 'newegg still shipping B3 q6600's' oh wait, I did.

I wanted a GO - but got a @#$$$ B3, now I am going to try to get my system stable and OC the thing anyway.

Reading skills - left to right, form words into sentences.

I wanted a GO - but got a @#$$$ B3

How is that not considered bitching? :rolleyes:
A Q6600 was ordered and a Q6600 was recieved.
Now if a G0 was specifically ordered and a B3 recieved...thats another story.

In regards to the thread title... Good to know.

I posted this not to bitch - but to inform

So not bitching means:

I wanted a GO - but got a @#$$$ B3, now I am going to try to get my system stable and OC the thing anyway.

That's about the strangest way I've heard of informing. Sounds a bit more like whining to me. Like dj_taboo said, you ordered a Q6600, you received a Q6600. End of story.

You have that right, now give it a try.

Guys,

why you have to buy from newegg? why are you so loyal to Newegg that much?

Clubit sells for less and guarrantee G0. why not buy from them?
I got retail G0 box from club it for $272 ( with DS3R + $8 discount).

Used to be because of the customer service aspect of it. But lately I've been rethinking their inflating prices. I heard some guy on here received a DOA card and got charged a re-stocking fee?? W T F???

No doubt that Newegg service is the best. They never charged me restocking fee yet.

What is "YMMV"?

It's an acronym.

http://answers.com/ymmv

Plenty of good alternatives to Newegg, but it seems like you can either get good prices/service, or get all your parts in a single order from one place, but not both. Newegg's per-item shipping is often enough of itself to tilt the cost factor towards a competitor except occasionally on specific sale items. Try ordering assorted cheap cables...the final price can end up being 3x more than you could easily find elsewhere.

I needed a WD Caviar 16. Checked the egg's prices, then checked bestbuy.

Image my suprise when I saw that I could get the drive at BB for the same price.

Newegg is still a great etailer, but I shop around now. ClubIT is looking very competitive.

edit: crap, it was circuit city.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/West...46061/catOid/-12976/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

vs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136037&CMP=OTC-RSS

3 day shipping was $6 at newegg compared to a 1/2 mile drive to CC.

I posted this not to bitch - but to inform - for those considering ordering and wanting a GO. Re read my first post - it says I am keeping it and will oc anyway.

Maybe I should have titled it 'newegg still shipping B3 q6600's' oh wait, I did.

I wasn't saying you were bitching in particular. That was for everyone who has or will come in this or other threads to complain and ask how to switch steppings.

no worries,

my b3 is running at 3.2 right now (had some initial issues getting the raid 0, and seeing all 4 gigs of ram etc) so I am quite happy right now.

I don't return items for reasons like this, I have returned one item in the last 5 years and it was a DOA raptor drive.

I was simply attempting to let others know that you may still get a B3 like I did from one of the biggest online retailers out.

(For those who care, before placing the order - I jumped onto the online chat with a newegg rep who told me he thought all they were shipping was GO stepping because people weren't returning B3s anymore - which is mislead me - hence my frustration and misc symbols before the B3 in the other posts).

I originally ordered a B3 from mwave the weekend of the price drop......got caught in the hype, I guess.

ClubIT offered the G0 about 2 days later......I returned the B3 to mwave unopened and was refunded in full, no questions asked.

You know, it really didnt matter because my 680i board is struggling to get this Quad to 3 Ghz, unfortunately.

I've found lately that ClubIT has better prices and really good service, getting around their site it kind of a pain, but they ship FedEx and their shipping is not too pricey. Mwave has always been a favorite of mine, but selection is a bit sparce.

All in all the Egg has the greatest variety and overall good pricing, not always the cheapest.
I use Performance-PCs alot, especially for any modding or watercooling stuff.

Back