Newegg shipping Asus DCU2 670s for Asus GTX 680 orders

Lord_Exodia

Supreme [H]ardness
I just want to keep the community informed that I got a GTX 670 Direct Cu2 from newegg instead of my Asus GTX 680 Reference that I ordered recently. It turns out that forum member burningrave101 got 2 GTX 670 Direct CU 2s in place of his 2 ordered Asus GTX 680s

Don't expect much from their customer service though other than an apology and their usual ups shipping label and RMA for this.

To be honest they gave me a gift card that they'll apply to my account in a few days but it does nothing for me as far as getting me a working GTX 680 after waiting since 05/07 to get a good card from them. I guess I have to wait until one comes in stock someone and partake in another rat race to order one. Meanwhile this card is going back so I can get a second GTX 680 for SLi

So Heads up, if you got one of these GTX 670s your not alone.

See Here http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1681404&page=110 Post 2199 and beyond

Just wondering... how are they supposed to give you a 680 they don't have???

I wanted them to put one on hold for me. However their system doesn't allow for that which IMO is kind of dumb. They should be able to allocate one of those to me and any other customer that needs one in theise types of situations. Then they'll have -1 inventory and when they get their next batch of 30 they'll have 29 for sale and can allocate the card to the customers in need.

This kind of system caters more to selling and making a profit as supposed to selling and making a profit all the while keeping your customers in need happy.

The fact that someone in a situation similar to mine is worse off than someone who hasn't even purchased a card from them yet is kind of Bass Ackwards ;)

I agree! There should be a way for them to do that. If anything, try to get a credit from them for the extra trouble.

You can add this guy to the list of people having this issue. Any updates on your guys' effort to resolve getting shorted?

Add me to the list of people that got Asus 670s instead of 680s. According to the person I spoke to on the phone it may have been an internal inventory mixup. I'm waiting for them to call me back letting me know what the next step will be.

Newegg is actually stepping up, I got a call from a rep after I posted my reseller rating review on this matter. He actually seemed genuinely concerned and put a few things in motion for me. They are still in progress so I don't want to comment too soon.

They took down notes and said that they will escalate my suggestion that their stock system allow them to allocate sku's to customers and take negative stock on sku's that they will be getting future shipments from the manufacturer on. They agreed that their customers that are waiting for a customer service matter to be resolved, e.g refund or rma return should have to be at a disadvantage to someone else ordering a product out of the blue.

Seems like they are starting to show a lot of the old newegg and I'm starting to change my sentiment to a more positive one. Let's see how everything turns out as the dust settles.

For everyone else in the middle of this matter, they know about the issue so they shouldn't be totally shocked if you report it. My biggest concern was that they were going to deny a mistake like this can happen and give me a hard time. they've been pretty understanding, owned up to the mistake and seem to be on the right track now.

I'll update the thread with final impressions after this customer service fiasco is over.

Back