Newegg shellshock: Foxconn Black OPS X48 Motherboard - 119.99 AR- Hawt?

DWade

Limp Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186144

BlackOpsBoxOpen.jpg

BlackOpsModularCooler.jpg

BlackOpsAccessoryBoxContents.jpg

BlackOpsMoreAccessories.jpg

Free Shipping.
Regular Price: 279.99
Instant Savings: $100
Checkout Price: $179.99
Price After $60 MIR: $119.99

Mixed reviews on this board however, so proceed with caution. Obviously the built in
watercooling for the NB is what makes this motherboard a pretty sweet deal. The only board
that is comparable is the asus extreme mb which is like $300 or so. You also got
DDR3 support. And your normal x48 board without the liquid cooling aspect of the blackops
board is going to be in the $250 range.

The board is also finicky with ram I hear. Something about it not liking xmp profiled ram.

Additionally, the NB top is made of aluminum so galvanic corrosion is inevitable as well if your water cooling. There is a place you can buy a NB derlin top though. Has G 1/4 threads :)
http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=821

Cheap easy way to perhaps start some LN2 Runs as well.;)

I'm going to give this thing a shot....:D for $119...hell I can sell my old mb for that price, lol.

Yah it would, the accessories that come with this thing are worth $69. For some reason it's subracting
$60 from $119, not $179 on that page.

Nice pics... (and is that a floppy I'm seeing?)

My guess is that it's a glitch or error on their part on the website, as you'll probably be billed $119.99 as intended ;)
ecstatic.gif

Nice pics... (and is that a floppy I'm seeing?)

My guess is that it's a glitch or error on their part on the website, as you'll probably be billed $119.99 as intended ;)
ecstatic.gif

floppy with raid drivers for xp. great board, had some issues. check the thread at xs. if you were thinking of a 775 build, buy this board. this price makes it cheaper than most decent p45 boards. aluminum/copper prob fixed with some kind of coating. dice/ln2 container for nb = cute. great marketing for maybe 5 pennies. case badges, stickers, dog tags, etc, etc. almost made it with this one. x58 overclocking board (not rennaisance) should be the winner.

Makes me wish I had the money, just because this is such a good deal, even though I don't need it. I just love all the STUFF you get with it:D

Man, the only thing holding me back is the DDR3. Otherwise, that mobo, is nearly perfect to me. Bah.

Not a bad deal, but the money is probably better spent on the I7 stuff.

Man, the only thing holding me back is the DDR3. Otherwise, that mobo, is nearly perfect to me. Bah.

Agreed. I'd sell the 3 8800 GTXs and my current 780i and get this board but I don't want to have to spend $100+ more on RAM. I just picked up another 4GB of DDR2-1066 for $63 shipped $25 AR the other day.

Great deal and I'd be all over it except for the 16gb or so of DDR2 RAM that I have. Good deal on the OCZ kit, but still - can't make the leap to DDR3 yet.

This is a good deal on a x48 board that supports DDR3, but I think it's the people that
watercool their rigs that's going to benefit the most from this deal.

If you think about it, if you bought a regular x48 motherboard for $200 and decided you want to watercool it, a couple of descent waterblocks for your NB / SB will cost
you a good $80. Add another water block for the mosfets and that's another $40. That's $120...basically the cost of the black ops board after the rebate. That's the way I look at it. If you
don't plan to water cool I don't think I'd recommend this board, as you'd probably be
better off getting a x48 with some cheap ddr2800.

The ASUS Rampage Extreme X48 which is comparable to this board is $389 on the egg.

I had it in my cart & ordered it... then guilt got the best of me & canceled the order :(

I really want to go i7, but damn this is tempting!

I'll sleep on it & hope all you guys buy them out .. LOL!

Thanks OP!

I'm not a crook";1033513178]Okay here a sweet deal on 4gb DDR3 to get you started. [URL="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227336 said:
OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333[/URL], $41 AR FS :D

You bastard...

I will update sig when the parts come in :p

Anyways, I am really impressed with this combo. Around $160 for the mobo and 4GB of DDR3 after rebates? Not too shabby. That would have gotten me a decent triple channel kit for i7, lol.

I do think that I am going to have an eye on those Q9550s procs when they are released, I think they would make a swell combo.

:sniffle: buh bye SLI, was fun. Time to mess around with crossfire. Anyone want a couple GTX260 vanillas? :D

I thought really hard about this deal. Then I looked at my computer.. then at myself in a mirror... then at my computer.. then I slapped myself.

My hand wins. Gonna save up for i7. :cool:

I thought really hard about this deal. Then I looked at my computer.. then at myself in a mirror... then at my computer.. then I slapped myself.

My hand wins. Gonna save up for i7. :cool:

No fair, you have small hands :p

Deal is kind of gone now. It is now $169.99 AR? Very lame. I got it already for $119.99 AR and don't like the new 169.99 AR price tag. :mad:

I wonder if I'll be able to clock my quad core to 4.0 finally on this thing. Can only get to 3.8
right now. Be fun to tinker with regardless.

What's the deal with DDR3 any ways. Why do people rave that with ddr3 they can alt tab
out of games without delay.

Here is a youtube video of a guy that got his cpu to 5.7 on this board. You can definitely bet that this has
the potential....:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd6zhBk1Mlg

Edit: I'm thinking i7 might be better, but considering that a good x58 board costs
$250...and a good i7 920 cost $280...and then you got to buy DDR3 ram on top
of that..probably run a good $700....then you buy a NB / SB / and mosfet waterblock set for it...another $120....that's $820...Bang! Think I'll just stick with this black ops board
for $119 and the OCZ DDR3 ram for $40, and keep my q6600. :eek:

No fair, you have small hands :p

Deal is kind of gone now. It is now $169.99 AR? Very lame. I got it already for $119.99 AR and don't like the new 169.99 AR price tag. :mad:

I wonder if I'll be able to clock my quad core to 4.0 finally on this thing. Can only get to 3.8
right now. Be fun to tinker with regardless.

What's the deal with DDR3 any ways. Why do people rave that with ddr3 they can alt tab
out of games without delay.

Here is a youtube video of a guy that got his cpu to 5.7 on this board. You can definitely bet that this has
the potential....:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd6zhBk1Mlg

Edit: I'm thinking i7 might be better, but considering that a good x58 board costs
$250...and a good i7 920 cost $280...and then you got to buy DDR3 ram on top
of that..probably run a good $700....then you buy a NB / SB / and mosfet waterblock set for it...another $120....that's $820...Bang! Think I'll just stick with this black ops board
for $119 and the OCZ DDR3 ram for $40, and keep my q6600. :eek:

Good decision.:D

I am actually pretty stoked about this board the more I read. The amazing amount of options in the BIOS is going to bring back the days of clocking up some Opterons on a DFI Expert.

It was frustrating some times, but man was it worth it.:D

You are right, looking at the bios on this board brings back memories of the dfi nf4 bios options.

Yah, it was a shellshock deal, which is one day only. I don't think I would pay $169 for it. $119 is a lot better. Also the Foxconn Blood Rage X58 board will hit the shelves at
the end of the week. Should debut at $299 though.

since it was 120 after rebate i don't mind paying $165 for another dfi lt lp x48 :). i hate rebates

Anybody know how big the nozzles are on the cooler for this thing?? thinking about combining this mobo and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227404 but I would like to know if the nozzles are the same size.

I believe OCZ uses 1/4" fittings on their memory. As for the fittings inlcuded with the motherboard, they look to be 3/8" and 1/2". I cannot seem to find anything more than an offhanded mention in reviews to their size.

Unfortunately, you would probably have to use a pair of step-down fittings to plumb them in. Unless, of course, your entire system was plumbed for 1/4" (Koolance and Aqua Computer). Also, you would have to get a length of 1/4" tubing to work to, from, and between the memory sticks.

It would probably have negative effect on flow, and some say that watercooling memory is not worth it.

Me, personally, I try to watercool as much as I can..

I believe OCZ uses 1/4" fittings on their memory. As for the fittings inlcuded with the motherboard, they look to be 3/8" and 1/2". I cannot seem to find anything more than an offhanded mention in reviews to their size.

Unfortunately, you would probably have to use a pair of step-down fittings to plumb them in. Unless, of course, your entire system was plumbed for 1/4" (Koolance and Aqua Computer). Also, you would have to get a length of 1/4" tubing to work to, from, and between the memory sticks.

It would probably have negative effect on flow, and some say that watercooling memory is not worth it.

Me, personally, I try to watercool as much as I can..

Post back and let me know what you get your Q6600 at on this thing.

Post back and let me know what you get your Q6600 at on this thing.

I have an X3210 I am going to put into it first. I was only able to get it ~3.2 on this board stable, but I was able to get into windows ~3.6. I am really interested in whether the X48 baord will be able to get that 3.6 stable or not.

After that, the Q6600 is going in for sure. ;)

Well I hope this board isn't a pain the ass like some people made it out to be. :)

Alright, I am up and running on this thing...and I'm even using the ocz ddr3 ram that one the posters
in this thread mentioned...it was like $49 AR for 4GB DDR3. So $169 for a x48 board and 4gb ddr3, lol. Any who, I'm up and stable on air at 3.2. Going to hit 3.6 with ease I'm sure. Got it out of the case and
am using the supplied foxconn stand. Won't be able to put it on water until Monday as I need to get
some more tubing.

Back