Newegg Shell Shocker I7 6700K combo $529

Status
Not open for further replies.

TType85

[H]ard|Gawd
Last edited:
That B&H combo is hotter. I'd take the MSI G45 board over the bottom of the barrel Asus.

The b&h is definitely hotter, wish I knew before I put the order in.

Nice and almost $200 less then what I spent back in September of 2015.

Remember that you save the most money by NOT upgrading though. I'm really tempted, but found that even with 290x in tri-fire that its really not CPU limited and I'd see no performance increase with a 6700K.

So personally, I think I'm going to wait another generation before upgrading, and unless you have a REALLY old processor, you're likely in the same boat.

This or an x99 setup coming from Sandy Bridge -E?

Depending on what you do is May not be a huge upgrade from the x79 stuff other than the newer stuff like m2 and usb 3.1.

I am only taking the plunge because I sold off all my stuff meaning to build a 2011-v3 build and ended up getting laid off for a while. I've been using a old Xeon setup (x3430 hp g6 server) and can't work with it any longer but don't want to spend the cash on a 2011 setup.

I just got a i7 6700K off Ebay, new with free shipping for $319. Arrived in the mail today.

That Newegg deal is pretty good deal with the RAM included. Probably would have saved me around 30 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back