Newegg Shell Shocker Deal (i7-4770k + Gigabyte Z87 UD4H + 16GB of Corsair MEM - $500

I'm about a couple minutes from pulling the trigger on this.

RAM in this package is 11-11-11-30, DDR3 1600.

The rebates come from 2x$20 prepaid cards from Corsair. Does anyone have any information on this RAM, how much difference are we talking from 9-9-9-24, and will that have any effect on your overclock? If so, by how much?

I'm about a couple minutes from pulling the trigger on this.

RAM in this package is 11-11-11-30, DDR3 1600.

The rebates come from 2x$20 prepaid cards from Corsair. Does anyone have any information on this RAM, how much difference are we talking from 9-9-9-24, and will that have any effect on your overclock? If so, by how much?

I found this...

http://www.memorybenchmark.net/ram.php?ram=Corsair+CMX8GX3M1A1600C11+8GB

Not the fastest RAM but with that combo price and rebate, I paid $50 for the RAM minus the CPU and MB at Microcenter prices + taxes.

Cant go wrong with $50 for 16Gb of RAM in today's market.

I want to get 16GB more, but I guess I am only eligible for $40 in rebates?

Yep, one swell, you're on the same page as I am too.

YOu can get a MSI Z87-G45 + 4670K and 2x4GB DDR3 for about $450 though!

You're coming from a very similar rig as mine Boshingtang...

Yeah, i've been rocking this rig for years. I'm busting the bank on this upgrade.

Going from this:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4, EVGA GTX 570, 4GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066, Intel SSD 160G G2, Antec 300

To this:
i7-4770k + Gigabyte Z87 UD4H + 16GB of Corsair Memory + Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB SSD + EVGA SuperClocked w/ ACX Cooling 02G-P4-2774-KR GeForce GTX 770 + SeaSonic SS-750KM3 750W + Corsair Carbide Series 500R Black Steel

Hopefully i'll see a huge jump in performance.

I actually ordered a Seasonic X650 when I got the bundle deal. Thanks for the tip though.

Yep, one swell, you're on the same page as I am too.

YOu can get a MSI Z87-G45 + 4670K and 2x4GB DDR3 for about $450 though!

I'm dealing with some identity theft issues and someone filing fraudulent tax returns in my name, and it's really slowing down my tax return. Even so, I think most of what I get back will be going into savings. I;m paying for school out of pocket, so getting up $500.00 at a time is a stretch.

I'm dealing with some identity theft issues and someone filing fraudulent tax returns in my name, and it's really slowing down my tax return. Even so, I think most of what I get back will be going into savings. I;m paying for school out of pocket, so getting up $500.00 at a time is a stretch.

I understand. That's really a disheartening situation. I hope it gets resolved fairly soon. Best of luck.

With that said, I would recommend anyone to get a free account on creditkarma.com. Been using it for years and it's great to keep tabs.

I bought this deal and am posting from it now. Thought it was a great deal. Have been very happy. When I 1st saw this post today, I thought they had brought the deal back.

That is a good deal. Personally the RAM isn't good enough for me, but you get what you pay for. I wouldn't split hairs about 9-9-9 vs 11-11-11 timing, if you're a gamer like me you're going to benefit more from upgrading to 2400 vs 1600 speed ram than worrying about those timings.

Back