[Newegg]Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 4 GB HBM 215usd (AR+ Discount)

For higher resolutions, I guess this isn't bad. But if you're at 1080p, get a 1060 for not much more.

You can tell I've been out of the PC game for a while. Note to self: check PSU requirement before buying new video cards...

You can tell I've been out of the PC game for a while. Note to self: check PSU requirement before buying new video cards...

Haha, another purchase to please the wife ;)

Last edited:
Screw it, I'm in for one... It isn't an addiction, it's a hobby - I could quit anytime I swear! :p

About 2 hours left on the sale, although they could extend it (again). Rebate is applicable until the 15th.

Just got mine installed, along with a new PSU.
I played some Overwatch and Star Wars Battlefront at 1440p and 75hz and... honestly it looks the same as my GTX 970.

I dunno, maybe I need to play with the settings. I'll do it this weekend.

Just got mine installed, along with a new PSU.
I played some Overwatch and Star Wars Battlefront at 1440p and 75hz and... honestly it looks the same as my GTX 970.

I dunno, maybe I need to play with the settings. I'll do it this weekend.

I had a 970 @ 1440p before switching to AMD when I got my Freesync monitor, the Fury is definitely an upgrade. Crank all the settings.

A lot of games so far look pretty similar. Though Witcher 3 and Mad Max look spectacular.

Some games just don't push GPU limits past 75fps. Enable Freesync and if you are sensitive to stutter then you will notice it immediately. GTA V especially.

2 of these things in crossfire are definitely as good as my GTX 980 Ti SLI setup. I have a Sony 4K TV so I had to get a DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 and set a custom resolution using CRU, but thats no big deal. AMD's drivers have come a LONG way in the year and a half since I got rid of my 290x lightning and moved to 980 Ti's. I'm still trying to figure out if there is a way to cool them with an AIO cooler and bracket, but they are very quiet and stay reasonably cool so far. These cards are monsters in terms of size! They JUST fit in my case, which thankfully has them sit vertically, so I don't have to worry about a support bracket for them.

Having fun being back on team RED again!

I grabbed one! A huge upgrade over my EVGA GTX 960 SSC.

My card is causing issues in my ASUS P9X79 WS motherboard though so a PSA for older motherboards there might be issues. It causes my motherboard to not wake from sleep properly resulting in a ASUS Q-Code of either 01 or OE. Swapping out for the old card fixes the issue. I've reset the BIOS (latest version) and changed a plethora of settings to no avail.

I'll live without sleep mode though, just go back to my old ways of wasting power or turning my computer off.

I grabbed one! A huge upgrade over my EVGA GTX 960 SSC.

My card is causing issues in my ASUS P9X79 WS motherboard though so a PSA for older motherboards there might be issues. It causes my motherboard to not wake from sleep properly resulting in a ASUS Q-Code of either 01 or OE. Swapping out for the old card fixes the issue. I've reset the BIOS (latest version) and changed a plethora of settings to no avail.

I'll live without sleep mode though, just go back to my old ways of wasting power or turning my computer off.

Did you clean out your Nvidia drivers with DDU? That was causing an issue when I put a 390X into a PC that had a 970. In the end I had to reformat though hah.

Did you clean out your Nvidia drivers with DDU? That was causing an issue when I put a 390X into a PC that had a 970. In the end I had to reformat though hah.

Yea drivers were cleaned. Since this is causing a post code error, this seems like UEFI bug.

Got mine from this deal for my new build. Makes a loud grinding sound under load (seems to be a common issue) and is locking up the system frequently while gaming (Overwatch... returning.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I see Amazon has this for the same price with a $20 rebate. I currently run a Zotac 980ti AMP! edition and I'm wondering if I should even bother giving this a whirl since I have two FreeSync displays at my disposal (27" 4K and 34" ultrawide).

I guess I should just buy it and try it out but I just want to avoid wasting time swapping the card. As far as gaming goes I'm playing Watch Dogs 2, GoW4, Forza Horizon 3, Witcher 3, and once in a while DOOM. Oh, I play a little CoD IW (single player ATM) as well, and I plan on going back to Division (was playing that really heavy before 1.4 was released) in a bit. Thoughts?

Freesync is nice in real world use. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice. I'm sure gsync is as nice, or nicer still - but you gotta pay through the nose for it.

Back