Newegg Sapphire 5870 for 199.99 AR

Actually, this card is frequently at $200, often with free shipping. Of course, that doesn't mean this isn't a good deal -- it's an excellent one, in fact.

The rules are there for a good reason.

That said: *Closes his eyes and says: I dont't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it......:D

I just upgraded my ram and harddrives so I think I will wait.

Are you sure? I've had price alerts and been watching this card since March of 2010 when it was 400 dollars or so. Every time the price changes on newegg I get an email and sms. This is by far the lowest newegg has ever had it for.

See the price history here:

http://camelegg.com/product/N82E16814102883?active=price_newegg

Where has it been for 200 frequently? I may need to change my shopping habits if that is true.

Are you sure? I've had price alerts and been watching this card since March of 2010 when it was 400 dollars or so. Every time the price changes on newegg I get an email and sms. This is by far the lowest newegg has ever had it for.

See the price history here:

http://camelegg.com/product/N82E16814102883?active=price_newegg

Where has it been for 200 frequently? I may need to change my shopping habits if that is true.

At Newegg. This card had a $60 off promo code many times in the past.

its been hovering around $200 lately on newegg. I got the same card for $209 AR a couple months back. still a REALLY good deal for anyone looking to upgrade.

Well it must have big a really big rebate, as according to camelegg the cheapest it's been "listed" is 279.99.

I really can't decide if I should jump on this deal and get a 2nd 5870 and use up another pcie slot, or wait for the 6990 and get dual graphics chips with 1 slot only. For some reason the geniuses that made the gigabyte ud5p made it so if you use 2 pcie video cards you lose access to ALL of your PCI slots....and I was dumb enough to buy a PCI sound card. woops.

Well it must have big a really big rebate, as according to camelegg the cheapest it's been "listed" is 279.99.

I really can't decide if I should jump on this deal and get a 2nd 5870 and use up another pcie slot, or wait for the 6990 and get dual graphics chips with 1 slot only. For some reason the geniuses that made the gigabyte ud5p made it so if you use 2 pcie video cards you lose access to ALL of your PCI slots....and I was dumb enough to buy a PCI sound card. woops.

It never lists newegg's "off" prices. If you really want to note, the little pricebox on newegg is javascript driven... It reports a "basic" price, though.

Back