Newegg - Samsung SSD Exclusives - HardOCP Codes Inside

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Check out the following exclusive Samsung 850 EVO deals. These are live and running until 2/26.

INTERNAL SSD

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - $139.99 w/ code HOCPSSD218A at Newegg.com, ends 2/26

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - $274.99 w/ code HOCPSSD218B at Newegg.com, ends 2/26

SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 2 TB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - $569.99 w/ code HOCPSSD218C at Newegg.com, ends 2/26

mSATA SSD

SAMSUNG 850 EVO mSATA 500GB SATA III Internal SSD Single Unit Version - $139.99 w/ code HOCPSSD218D at Newegg.com, ends 2/26

SAMSUNG 850 EVO mSATA 1TB Mini-SATA (mSATA) Internal SSD Single Unit Version - $274.99 w/ code HOCPSSD218E at Newegg.com, ends 2/26

VERTICAL INTERNAL SSD

SAMSUNG 850 EVO M.2 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal SSD Single Unit Version - $139.99 w/ code HOCPSSD218F at Newegg.com, ends 2/26

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just wanted to say that I tried using the code for the 850 EVO 2 TB SSD and it worked fine.

It'll be my first SSD and I'm looking forward to it.

Just wanted to say that I tried using the code for the 850 EVO 2 TB SSD and it worked fine.

Glad to see you out of the shadows. You will never forget your first. ;)

Welcome to the forum Scubagon. Nothing like your first SSD drive to make you wonder why you didn't try one sooner.
Be sure to join General Mayhem when you get a chance - you won't be disappointed. Be sure to post a "Hi, I'm new here" thread in General Mayhem also so we'll know you joined!
Let us know how the SSD does.

Great deal on the 500GB Samsung 850 EVO. I paid $155 through Amazon for the same drive the end of January......

Aww man, just bought a 500GB M.2 drive last week for $160, could have saved 20 bucks. Still, thanks for the discount Newegg & [H]!

Holy crap! If I could get those prices here I would be slobbering all over them. a 500GB 850 EVO costs US$ 245 here... and you guys are complaining about if it is cheap or fucking cheap.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I want that M.2 drive. The "traditional" version works just fine, but dammit.

Thanks [H]. I was just thinking of replacing a 5yr old ssd in one of my machines, nice deal on a decent drive.

Amazing how much the prices have come down. I remember paying 215 for 256gb 840 pro and 150 for a 250gb 840 non pro.

Now you get twice as much space for a bit more than half the price.

Thanks a lot kyle, bought another 1tb model so I can move this crappy 480gb san disk to my dieing laptop!

I have fixed all those links for the people that have issues understanding list prices. No room for misunderstanding.

These are some fantastic prices! Makes me wish I needed a new desktop or laptop SSD!

Too bad there are no coupons for the 850 Pro models. I could use another one for my server, but I don't want to put a TLC drive in there - even a 3D NAND one, as it is VERY write heavy.

Last edited:
ugh...2TB drive for about .25 cents a gig after the coupon, must resist. Thanks [H] and Kyle for this!

Just grabbed me a 1TB 2.5" drive. Haven't bought an SSD in quite some time at this point. Vertex 4 in my laptop died, so this will be replacing that. The 2TB one was soo tempting, but I just don't need it in there.

These are some fantastic prices! Makes me wish I needed a new desktop or laptop SSD!

Too bad there are no coupons for the 850 Pro models. I could use another one for my server, but I don't want to put a TLC drive in there - even a 3D NAND one, as it is VERY write heavy.

a bunch of over provisioned evo's should do just fine in write intensive tasks.

a bunch of over provisioned evo's should do just fine in write intensive tasks.

That is true, but I wonder how much I'd need to overprovision them.

These would be used as L2ARC cache drives in my ZFS box.

The thing is, I COULD use two 1TB EVO's, provisioned as 512GB at $275 each, but then again, proper 512GB Samsung 850 Pro's sell for $220 now, so it would be cheaper just to get two of them...

you wouldn't have to over provision that much, i'd say on a 1TB disk take 30% as spare and you'd be good to go.

After sitting on the fence for days, i bought two of the 500GB drives. My daughter will enjoy the upgrade as well. Thanks Kyle.

I've been waiting and watching these drives, missed a good deal on the 850 EVO 500gb for $120 at Jet, any chance we might see it drop anymore?

Back