Newegg RMA Technicians Are Breaking My Returns

Frys was king of shrink wrapping any returns and reshelving though.
Once I bought a high end sound card for my kids' PC. Only when I got home I discovered that I had a cheap Ethernet card in the box, with the instruction manual full of check-marks. Frys made me jump through lots of hoops to get that returned. This happened only weeks after my first wife passed away from cancer, and we were all still pretty messed up. That's when I started to hate and despise Frys.

They treated their employees like crap. They deserved to die.

Last edited:
That RMA label from Gigabyte is the smoking gun IMO.
The other smoking gun was the customer service guy saying the board was also covered with thermal paste. This tells me that they have a standard go-to list of typically legitimate reasons to deny RMA claims, which to me infers that this behavior is intentional on the part of the egg (the only other possibility is gross incompetence on such a level that is inconceivable). As someone who used to buy all his parts from the egg, they will never again get any of my business.

I stopped using them for most of my parts in 2014 when I built my current system. They never really moved forward though I still did find some good parts there.

Newegg needs to understand that while bribery is common in many places around the world, especially in China, that this practice does not work in the United States. The culture in this country is that you work for your money, and while that may not be everyone for most it is and you will not get away with bribing people long term.

Newegg needs to understand that while bribery is common in many places around the world, especially in China, that this practice does not work in the United States. The culture in this country is that you work for your money, and while that may not be everyone for most it is and you will not get away with bribing people long term.
I dunno, most of our politicians seem to enjoy the lobbyists so while it may not be straight up bribery its a white collar version :p

I had a couple ~meh transactions /interaction with newegg in 2014~ or so and haven't ordered anything from them since... They are lying pieces of **** over this current dust up they have been pulling this kinda thing for a ~decade...

With regards to email, as weird as it sounds, companies want email tossed ASAP.... oddly enough for legal reasons (CYA). The only time they don't is specifically for messages and/or mailboxes where there is "current" litgation or other case where a "hold" has been placed on email destruction. That is, for most companies, the smoking gun has been destroyed (well... on their end), and kept emails show all the "fluff" about how concerned they are, etc...etc... From someone who has worked for many "big" companies.

If anyone emails that new contact address for returns post here if you get the return accepted. I'm guessing NewEgg is going to be accepting all returns for the next few weeks just to get through this without anymore bad PR.

So if I understand this correctly, Steve asked them if customer service has performance scores based on rejected returns and they said yes?

But it's funny though, they say they can look at order history and how much money spent and how often things are returned to determine if a return is accepted. Are they saying Steve doesn't order a lot and makes a lot of returns therefore they reject his return? See point 1. Your legitimate return may be rejected so some poor minimal wage guy doesn't lose his job.

z.png

https://twitter.com/KyleBennett/status/1495957181115645953

I know not a lot of you are Twitter users, but please think about retweeting so this is on more peoples' radars. Godspeed to GamersNexus for finally getting the job done, or at least moving forward.

So if I understand this correctly, Steve asked them if customer service has performance scores based on rejected returns and they said yes?

But it's funny though, they say they can look at order history and how much money spent and how often things are returned to determine if a return is accepted. Are they saying Steve doesn't order a lot and makes a lot of returns therefore they reject his return? See point 1. Your legitimate return may be rejected so some poor minimal wage guy doesn't lose his job.
KPI was danced around, but it certainly seemed that Newegg execs thought it might be part of the issue.

I do wish he would have brought up the bundle issue where they try to get rid of stuff they don't want.

They also didn't discuss how the bad motherboard was accepted back by the previous RMA, and how it wound back up on the shelf. The people wanted to talk about it but Steve moved past quickly. I see this issue as severe as the rejected RMA issue.

Back