Newegg RMA Technicians Are Breaking My Returns

I would suggest taking a non-stop detailed video of boxing up the motherboard (with the socket protector put back in place) and the quick drive to the local UPS store. That way if they say they have a mobo with bent pins you can say "my lawyer will be in touch with your company".

I think that is the only way for this nonsense to end.

Newegg has some weird way of taking returns. I read a few threads like this. I'm sending back 2 HD 7870s, not sure if they are defective or not but I'm having issues with Crossfire. I made sure I took pictures of the products before sealing the box. Also, the only way they would offer me a full refund is if I make a order for the same amount or larger after receiving the refund.

You recommend to your friends that they sue over computer hardware? The most expensive motherboard on the market wont even get you 30 minutes with an attorney.

Which is exactly why NewEgg keeps getting away with this. Personally if it I had to deal with this i would likely take them to small claims court, but yeah it's a pain in the rear.

Incoming unreasonably long but thoughtful post from new member... sorry

Newegg is definitely doing things differently over these last few years. I didn't notice because I didn't have any money.

I feel a bit lucky to have survived the last build I did a couple weeks back with all newegg parts (minus a Rosewill PSU, which made my speakers pop louder than is normal or safe, that I replaced with an Antec BP550 I bought at Staples, who kindly price matched for me). Now I come across this thread the same day I ordered a Powercolor 7950 and an Asus 1150 Hero from them. This is some scary shit for a guy who still doesn't have a whole lot of money.

They treat me super nice... Why on earth would Newegg want to drive away customers with this type of public relations nightmare? It's begging to be picked up by a show like 20/20 or whatever people watch these days when they want to be pissed off at the nightly news.

My take on the "mystery" is that there probably isn't exactly a directive from the top to straight-up defraud the customers to tighten up revenue. Rather it is that sort of pressure trickling down a ladder of relative incompetence and settling in the hands of some pretty under-payed and under-scrutinized employees in the returns department of a company that has too much going on in one place with too few humans running "the show" to handle it all efficiently. It lightly smacks of a certain fake art show that ran on Satellite TV nationwide for years that ended up raided and busted by the Feds.

This was not always the case with NewEgg! Indeed, I suspect the company is "too big to fail" and they will actually exit this period totally unscathed even if it does completely go nuclear and they end up on a prime time expose. They are actually naturally hemorrhaging customers just purely because they haven't prepared for their own company's bloated size well enough. Please forgive my windbaggedness but I want to take the opportunity to outline just a couple things:

Newegg is kinda like Angie's List on the one hand. It's a fantastic resource for reviews on a really huge selection of constantly evolving product lines. Some of the reviews are legit, some aren't. Why are there 18,000 reviews of this Rosewill SATA cable... and 2 of this other one? Because Newegg IS Rosewill. I'm probably not letting a giant cat out of any bag there. But then you can also spend as much time as you want going through reading and evaluating what are sometimes very comprehensive and objective product reviews there. They have offered people the opportunity to upload video reviews even...

On this subject: Newegg revealed its new form to me recently while I was about to buy a Sapphire 7950 3L which was up for $220.00 and when I went to checkout, something didn't look right. Couple glasses of wine and they almost got me for $310 instead because the price had suddenly changed. I complained to a live chat rep who offered to split the difference with me after claiming prices were non-negotiable. This struck me as very unprofessional and completely different from the Newegg I had come to know and love since 2002 when I first got the opportunity to bleed on a razor-sharp Antec computer case they sent me. I'll put money down that chat agent was not here in America. Intel has outsourced their chat agents to foreign countries, as well. No big shocker there.

Stay with me! I decided to do an experiment. I wanted to test how far the Angie's List theory went and put up a 4star review of the Sapphire card (same as its avg) that says basically card price changed $100 over night, Newegg cs is wheelin and dealin' over it, and that they should watch what they are doing because brick and mortar retailers are getting more and more competitive. To my surprise, they published the review today and changed the price of the card back to 220. They also sent me an email apology and a $25 refund on my last purchase. Why are they trying so hard? Well, I don't know but I've bought a buncha crap from them last couple months because I quit smoking.

But my point with the reviews is that even if they get really bad for a while with CS, the company will survive because of the business their reviews bring in. It's just more convenient to buy items from the same place you review them on, and we Americans are notoriously lazy as a people. The tax thing is going to hurt them bad if it happens, and it won't really hurt the consumer at all, because the market will adjust slightly to it. So now I'd say we've seen low-ebb with Newegg service. It will probably get better in response to the market if not all this bad publicity.

So I'm not going to cancel my order that I placed. I'm going to treat it as another experiment. If I get a damaged open box 1150 Hero board (paid for new) I will post a video on Youtube with it. And I'll try not to be all whiny about it, but I'm not promising anything. My guess is, everything with the upgrade will go smoothly. I'm not really normally an optimist either. I just figure this has been going on long enough, Newegg is trying to stay as distant from it as possible because it doesn't necessarily represent the company's business philosophy to defraud its own customers, and it probably feels, as a corporate entity, that these "isolated" incidents of employee misconduct aren't entirely Newegg's responsibility. They will allow the loss of a small percentage of the customer base who are directly affected by the scandal to fall off, without attempting to compensate them unless forced via public relations avenues that many of us may instinctively avoid--I'd personally like to hit Mark Zuckerburg in the face with a book and I stay off his website unless dragged at gunpoint.

Still, so far the best part was when the CEO of Universal Robotics got into it... and that was about hdds not motherboards right? Edit: nope, It was motherboard pins. Still! They have been cutting corners everywhere their more unscrupulous lackeys could manage. They are fiddling with other video card prices I see... I suspect these are price period automations that aren't repeating correctly. So much of their system is automated that there are ghosts all over it.

I just want to quickly add, to be fair, that when I RMA'd that PSU for a full refund (no restocking fee) with the unreasonable speaker pop, I forgot to return the little Rosewill zipper tote they shipped the modular cables in. I called to let them know. They approved the RMA and the refund was processed withtin the time frame they quoted. I did pay return shipping on the PSU but I felt it was fair to do so because there wasn't anything completely defective about it. If I'd used HDMI or a different set of speakers or a better motherboard there probably would have been no issue. So now I bought a dang new motherboard when I probably should have just bought a soundcard... curse you shiny red and black ROG scheme.

Also, last week I installed 2 HyperX SSDs and 1 of them I inexplicably broke the plastic connector that houses the data pins on the SATA input... funny you can brick an SSD so easy, tiny little plastic piece was not about to try to super glue it back or something retarded. I was pretty concerned they would not exchange it for a new drive, but they didn't question it. I actually set up the RMA myself through my order history page and had it shipped off within an hour of the incident. Again, common sense in this case told me that fees for return shipping fell upon me for being a moron and breaking the plastic data connector. They took 1 day to think about it or whatever and approved a replacement which I imagine will ship on Monday along with the other crap I ordered. Wish me luck!

/sigh What am I going to do with this perfectly good nearly brand new ASRock z87 extreme4 and Asus 7870 if the Hero and the 7950 work out? There's a 4770S on its way to Louisville for an inspection, also... What have I got myself into? This is what sometimes happens when Newegg is working as intended: you end up with way more crap than you need or really want, so maybe it's for the best, in some cases, to give them the finger.

Last edited:
I would like to also add a situation I just had with Newegg to this list. I too returned a motherboard, Gigabyte z87 to Newegg only because the CPU fan header did not work. I carefully put everything back in place and returned it for an RMA. I then got the same message that CPU socket pins were bent. That is just ridiculous. The motherboard worked fine and booted into windows. There were no bent pins. I have been building PC's for 20 years, and three of them have been 1155,1150 socket. They denied my RMA because of it. Feeling helpless and angry, I just accepted the 50% restocking few because I don't want a motherboard back that they broke.

I Feeling helpless and angry, I just accepted the 50% restocking few because I don't want a motherboard back that they broke.

How do they restock something that is defective to begin with? Plus it is only a 15% restocking fee to begin with. Only time they charge a restocking fee is when you just don't want the item. Not if it is damage or nonworking. They have been pretty good to me since the beginning when I started buying from them. Last order on this month they was very helpful also. Perhaps I'm missing the bad people or just don't get damaged goods.

But I surely wouldn't have paid to restock a defective item. And at 50% it wouldn't have happened. I do know some act like that they perhaps just want to follow protocol on returning items. Most of the time if you just go straight tot he supervisor all that can be stopped. It isn't hard to tell when you have one that could care less on the phone.

Are returns subject to a restocking fees?

Any return for a refund may be subject to a 15% restocking fee. This fee may be waived for the following reasons:

Carrier damage
Defective product
Product does not match advertising
Received incorrect product
Product was an extra item not ordered

Note: Any return that is misrepresented as being for any of the above reasons will automatically have the restocking fee applied even if it was initially waived.

I just feel like eating a restocking fee is the worst possible thing you could do about this if it really happened like that. If I knew for a fact that someone at Newegg was lying about the condition of the board I sent in there is no way in H-E-L-L I would let it slide like that. I have the time and energy to pursue things like that, however, and maybe some people don't.

Do I think you bent pins? No, I doubt it. Do I think there's still something fishy going on about returns at Newegg? I'm almost positive there is. Do I buy that your fan header didn't work? Not necessarily. I mean... were there pins missing? It just didn't function? Or was it not PWM and you wanted PWM? That's the kind of return attempt that might drive an honest technician into a rogue over time. I'm not really calling you out specifically, I may very well be wrong in this instance, but certainly SOME of these accusations of RMA breaking and fraud are not legitimate.

Say like, you want to start a new life, and the building you work in blows up, leaving you alive but many of your colleagues are toast. Perfect opportunity to pick up your Sancha and head out of town for good.

This kind of matches up with a rising phenomenon in other retail sectors. Bloomingdale's has just started placing big giant tags on expensive dresses (like right on the butt and stuff) that they will not accept returns on without those tags, period. New fashion statement will be wearing your gown for 1 night WITH these tags on and then returning it the next day. I heard about a lady returning her wedding dress 7 years after the wedding other day, for 32 dollars. No lie. It was taped. Every Super Bowl Sunday/Monday there is a rash of returned big-screen TVs. This stuff is on the consumer end just like product theft is, and it drives prices up for everyone.

Last edited:
It makes me sad to read these posts as I've been a Newegg customer since the beginning (2001) but lately I've been using Amazon more and more. Not because of service, but because of costs. Newegg simply doesn't have the best prices anymore, and their shipping is very expensive and slow. Amazon Prime 2-day Free Shipping cannot be beat.

I used the "newzon" Chrome plugin found here and built my wishlist on Newegg, transferred it to Amazon, and instantly all the same parts netted me an $85 savings on the parts alone, and another $15 on shipping. Newegg needs to think about their business in a whole new way if they want to remain competitive in the enthusiast space.

The motherboard was in perfect condition, the CPU power pins were straight. The fan just would not power up off of the CPU fan jumper. Here is the email I recieved:

"My name is Carl and I am contacting you in regards to the MB GIGABYTE|GA-Z87X-UD4H R motherboard that was returned to us under the above referenced RMA number. The RMA was placed on hold by our inspections department due to reported issues with the motherboard.

Normally when an item is received damaged or missing the retail box and/or accessories or if the serial number does not match our records, it voids our return policy and the item becomes ineligible to be accepted by Newegg. When a motherboard or CPU is returned to us a supervised detailed inspection of the item is conducted. Aside from testing the unit to check its functionality, we look to see if the board for signs of installation and end user damage. Signs of installation include bent pins, missing CPU cover or thermal paste.

Our records reflect that when the motherboard was received at our warehouse, an inspection was conducted based on the notes entered in the RMA as to the reason for the return. At that time, the inspection revealed that the motherboard had sustained physical damage to the CPU socket wherein bent pins were detected. These reported issues make the item ineligible to be accepted by Newegg.

At the same time, due to the circumstances regarding this return, Newegg would like to assist you in this matter by offering one of the following options:

1. A 10% discount towards a future motherboard purchase (the motherboard will be returned to you; you can contact the manufacturer for further assistance with the item), or

2. To process this return as a store credit refund with a 50% exception processing fee

Please reply to this email no later than 9:00 AM PT on Monday 09-23-13 with your preference and we will be glad to process your request as soon as possible. Please kindly note that option number 1 will be automatically processed if we have not heard from you by the designated time."

Just for reference, I have built three intel i5 pc's in the past two years, spending over $6000 with Newegg. I have only had to RMA this one motherboard for this small issue. I am not too concerned about what other customers do. I was a loyal customer who gave them no problems. I would think with this small issue, I would have no problem RMAing this board, boy was I wrong. I don't have the time to Persue this issue. I have a job, church, and a family that need my attention more than losing $80.

If that's how it went I can only recommend threatening them with a chargeback. If it happened to me I am pretty sure that's what I would do. I can tell you this--I will be video taping when I receive this upcoming motherboard order and open the box, and to make it annoying my 3 year old will be in the mix. I would love to bust them on this and be talking to Barbara Walters about it in a couple weeks. My cousin is a reporter with connections at dozens of publications all over the country.

the only way this shit stops affecting honest customers is:

1) post this thread on all of your social media sites and maybe it'll go semi viral

2) class action

3) stop giving newegg your business on motherboard purchases

For the cause, I have opened a dispute with paypal for the remainder of the cost of the motherboard that was not refunded, which is 84.99. I explained the situation and linked this thread in the complaint. I will be recording any future RMA's to any company.

This is exactly why I went with another store for my motherboard and CPU purchase. I just dont trust newegg with motherboards.

Thunderpimp, I got an identical e-mail yesterday for the ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 that I RMA'd for the reason that none of the DIMM slots were responsive.

I haven't built from Newegg since 2010, because I only use them when I do personal builds, but I've always had great experiences with returns and general Newegg support in the past. As such, I didn't think to video or take pictures of the motherboard (which I inspected for broken/bent CPU pins before packing).

I responded to their e-mail, asking for evidence that the motherboard was received with bent pins. I'm positive they don't have them, and that they'll just send me a picture of it now (after breaking it).

In the meantime, it has taken them so long to respond to my RMA that if I don't have a working motherboard soon, I won't be able to qualify the other parts I purchased from them. If my 780 GTX doesn't work, I need to be able to RMA that too. I'm going to grab a board (the same model) at Fry's and convince Newegg to either ship me a new board and return the Fry's board at that point, or demand a refund via a few hours on the phone with Newegg support and keep the Fry's board. If it comes down to it, I'll dispute it with PayPal.

I'll post my findings when I do, in case it may help future users.

All I know is that Newegg isn't getting my business ever again, and neither are my network of friends.

I am guessing that motherboards are the #1 loss leader for computer components (amongst cpu, gpu, memory, hdd/ssd, psu, and cases.) Probably hardly anyone wants to buy a returned motherboard. (Just sayin'.) So Newegg might be getting dirty trying to cut losses ...

Newegg has tons of open box stuff for sale. Open box motherboards is a huge thing at Newegg. It is actually pretty amazing how much stuff gets returned to them.

I am guessing that motherboards are the #1 loss leader for computer components (amongst cpu, gpu, memory, hdd/ssd, psu, and cases.) Probably hardly anyone wants to buy a returned motherboard. (Just sayin'.) So Newegg might be getting dirty trying to cut losses ...

Nobody should be buying a RMA'd board. (Returned, yes, RMA'd, no...) RMA'd boards should be going back to the manufacturer for repair, so there shouldn't be any need for NewEgg to cut losses on a board returned as defective (and not damaged)..

Nobody should be buying a RMA'd board. (Returned, yes, RMA'd, no...) RMA'd boards should be going back to the manufacturer for repair, so there shouldn't be any need for NewEgg to cut losses on a board returned as defective (and not damaged)..

You don't know what RMA means do you? I'll give you a hint, RMA does not mean defective.

This is why you buy electronics from amazon and not oldegg. I bought two CDs from amazon but never received them, tracking number via ups said it was delivered to the front porch. Either someone stole them or it was delivered to a wrong address or ups driver scanned it in the morning and lost it in his truck.

I called amazon and told them I never received the packages and they gave me an option of a refund or sending out the two CDs again. No fing hassles or anything. Try doing that with oldegg and see want happens....hmmmmmmmmm

Amazon is 1000000 better than oldegg which sucks. I used to shop with them back in the day when they actually had stores but not anymore, they are a joke now.

You don't know what RMA means do you? I'll give you a hint, RMA does not mean defective.

Yes, I know what RMA means... Re-reading my response, I certainly wasn't clear (it was a long day, sigh....)

The person I was responding to stated the NewEgg might be trying to cut losses on returned mobo's that they didn't want to resell as open box... While this makes sense for simple returns, it doesn't make sense for defective returns. NewEgg should be getting an RMA from the manufacturer for defective boards, not putting them up for re-sale. Since the majority of this thread is about problems with returns for defective parts, I was disputing NewEgg's desire to create "damage" on already defective parts....

The "(returned: yes, RMA'd: no)" was my shorthand to try and convey this thought, but obviously it wasn't clear without explanation.... The Return and RMA were how Newegg should be processing the customer's RMA internally, not the RMA from the customer's perspective.

Hopefully that's more clear?

Idk, I continue to receive what look like open box motherboards that work fine from Newegg. The thing is, every time it looks like the box is open... and then nothing looks like it's actually been handled. This happens with video cards too, I'm sure, but mostly they come wrapped in cellophane and just look feel and smell untouched. The motherboards are clearly opened.

At this point if I buy a mobo from Newegg I assume it's going to arrive open box, and I don't buy the open box mobos for fear of one showing up without a backplate or something like that. They specifically state that can happen on open box items--any accessory may be missing. That's perfect for something that has no accessories.

After a couple recent unpleasant experiences reselling on eBay (often worse than Newegg but usually it's the individual buyers and sellers that make it bad) I'm curtailing my habit of buying computer parts to test and use for a short time and then upgrade. Just simple stuff like people not paying for the items they win ruin the efficiency of the process. I'd rather just keep my stuff in the closet or horde parts and build computers to give away to homeless people than go through all the hoops of posting auctions, taking pictures, answering questions, and THEN pay eBay fees on top IF the buyer pays--if not, jump through more hoops to start the waiting game all over, item devaluing all the while. I mention this because Newegg gets more business from me because I can dump slightly used items off on eBay, but they will now get less business from me both because they keep sending me open box motherboards and it's like playing Russian Roulette, and because eBay sucks more than it ever has of late and I'm tired of the whole thing.

Other reason I mention it is because the last time I had the misfortune of needing to call Newegg CS, the rep was confused about my email address (don't have my Newegg customer number memorized...) for verification purposes. I was like, "I've been using that email address to log into Newegg since 2002". After a minute of "hmmm" he's like, "Oh, I get it, you have an eBay account under that email address, too." That's just weird to get told that. How did he know? It's because ONE time I bought a Rosewill fan from Newegg's eBay store (had a $10 gift code from eBay), but that bugged me, I was like, "what's that got to do with my Newegg account?" Always awkward on the phone with them, I swear.

My company stopped dealing with NewEgg after receiving numerous items with fingerprints on them. Then it goes down something like this...

"Hi we just bought 15 hard drives among a bunch of other hardware and it seems one hard drive has been opened and has fingerprints on it"
Does it work?
"It has finger prints on it"
Did you try the items?
"Look we are not hooking this up to *anything* to find out, can we get advanced RMA replacement?"
No we need to issue you a RMA and receive the item back first
"This is a $7,000 order... Ok send us the RMA will we will order another drive seperately"

/return used drive and receive a new one
/get charged restocking fee on the fingerprint hard drive

Last edited:
I'm a victim of Newegg's new fraud: I ordered the new EVGA X79 Dark motherboard. Installed the cpu (3820K prime 95 tested for 8 hours @ 4750 in Rampage VI Extreme) & DDR3 1600MHZ (Tested 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5V) RAM outside of the case then installed. This motherboard refused to run at those speeds & crashes with every ovclocking attempt.
I spoke with Maria, a supervisor with Newegg, she offered to refund the purchase price minus 30%. I laughed on the phone & kindly refused her offer. She promised to get back to me with pictures as proof of the damaged pins.
She has not.
This morning, I recieved a shipment notification informing of the customer's returned item.
I emailed Tony, who offered me the 10% discount on my next purchase, informing him that if he will not refund the purchase price minus the 15% or replace the item, that I will file a dipute with my credit card company.
I have been buying from the Egg since they opened their doors back when & sad to see customers are treated like this.
I will never buy from the Egg again.
Amazon is the best in this area & will take my business there from now on.

Sadly the only thing that gets neweggs attention is a post on their facebook page...

Welp I've never had any issues with NewEgg in the past but now that I'm reading all these horror stories...

I'm glad you resolved your issues, certainly NE is no longer the preferred supplier I knew.

I'm a victim of Newegg's new fraud: I ordered the new EVGA X79 Dark motherboard. Installed the cpu (3820K prime 95 tested for 8 hours @ 4750 in Rampage VI Extreme) & DDR3 1600MHZ (Tested 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5V) RAM outside of the case then installed. This motherboard refused to run at those speeds & crashes with every ovclocking attempt.

Wait... So the motherboard wouldn't overclock, and you didn't want to pay the stocking fee?
This is NewEggs fault how?

Wait... So the motherboard wouldn't overclock, and you didn't want to pay the stocking fee?
This is NewEggs fault how?

I think the key words are "With every overclocking attempt". Dont get me wrong it could be all his fault but i can tell you if i bought a $400 motherboard and it didnt overclock for shit i would be returning it. That board exists for the singular purpose of overclocking and comes at a serious premium to do so.

If that motherboard cant overclock there is simply no reason for it to even exist let alone carry that price tag.

This sounds more like a user issue then anything. Evga boards are a bit more picky with their settings then other boards. This has nothing to do with Newegg just a learning curve on the user. Not attacking "BigRigDriver" at all but that is how I look at it.

This sounds more like a user issue then anything. Evga boards are a bit more picky with their settings then other boards. This has nothing to do with Newegg just a learning curve on the user. Not attacking "BigRigDriver" at all but that is how I look at it.

Besides what's already been said read past what you have quoted. Whoever's fault it was that it wouldn't overclock does not change the fact that they tried to scam him with the bent pins crap. :rolleyes:

Let's not derail the thread by quoting out of context and not picking shit.

I ordered the new Asus X79 while the EVGA was sent back to them. The 3820K is running @ 4700 with DDR3 2400. The same hardware the EVGA wont overclock. If it was a $50 board for everyday granmma use, then I wouldn't care if it didn't overclock but a $400 board that's advertised as an enthusiast board, biatch please!

I did post of their Facebook page multiple times, I finally got a message from Andrew. He agreed to take the board back at a whopping 50% restocking fee. Glad he wasn't standing in front of me or else I would be charged with something! Any who, I refused. The new egg is the face of the rotten egg. SCAAAAAAAMMMMMERS!

I ordered the new Asus X79 while the EVGA was sent back to them. The 3820K is running @ 4700 with DDR3 2400. The same hardware the EVGA wont overclock. If it was a $50 board for everyday granmma use, then I wouldn't care if it didn't overclock but a $400 board that's advertised as an enthusiast board, biatch please!

The point is, you said you sent it back because it wouldn't overclock. You made no mention as to whether it worked at stock settings. Based on your attitude, I'm betting you jacked it up when you yanked the cpu out because it wouldn't do what you wanted it to do. Even if it was unintentional.

Sorry if I seem critical, but I don't take things at face value anymore, especially when it comes to peoples complaints about hardware, and their own capability.

Last edited:
So it is okay you to pick what context you like to use. But if someone else chooses the other side they are wrong for doing it. You should practice what you preach. If he had a problem with Newegg then don't buy there again. It is just that simple.

Now did he order the Asus X79 from Newegg or did he get it from another place? That is what I'm now wondering.

Besides what's already been said read past what you have quoted. Whoever's fault it was that it wouldn't overclock does not change the fact that they tried to scam him with the bent pins crap. :rolleyes:

Let's not derail the thread by quoting out of context and not picking shit.

So it is okay you to pick what context you like to use. But if someone else chooses the other side they are wrong for doing it. You should practice what you preach. If he had a problem with Newegg then don't buy there again. It is just that simple.

Now did he order the Asus X79 from Newegg or did he get it from another place? That is what I'm now wondering.

Now you're nit picking and making assumptions. I'm not picking context I'm staying on the San topic.

Let's look at like this, since you seem to be one a one way street. Newegg tried to say he bent the pins. If he did or didn't we don't know. What we do know is he had overclocking issues with the board. Perhaps he didn't like the board period. But he said; "refused run at those speeds & crashes with every ovclocking attempt."

That means he couldn't get the settings correct on that board. Now he returns the board for that reason not because he didn't like it. Nothing in the world is guaranteed to overclock period. You take a chance when you buy anything based on a chance to overclock. You simple take a risk trying to get something to overclock.

Now with that being said. If the board worked fine. Which it seems to then he wouldn't posting here. Why do you ask? Because he wouldn't have returned it and Newegg wouldn't try to say he bent some pins. Now the next issue is, since they are so many bent pin stories here. Why didn't he take a video and pictures of the board while packing it up to return? Kinda of like killing two birds with one stone.

But what do I know all I'm doing is making assumptions.......

Now you're nit picking and making assumptions. I'm not picking context I'm staying on the San topic.

Last edited:
I did get the new Asus from the rotten Egg while the EVGA being returned. No videos were taken but I do have lots of pictures, before & after. I was advised to wait, this could be a cause for a fraudulent case in court. This post along with so many others on the net will help me win it. I'm prepared to sue.

I'm not trying to single you out or make you look like a bad person here. But there was just a big gray area in your post of the reason(s) why. The only thing I see bad at this point now is you giving them more of your business after they did the "bent pin" move on you. I hope you get everything taken care of and are happy with the results in the end. Good luck to you.

I did get the new Asus from the rotten Egg while the EVGA being returned. No videos were taken but I do have lots of pictures, before & after. I was advised to wait, this could be a cause for a fraudulent case in court. This post along with so many others on the net will help me win it. I'm prepared to sue.

3) stop giving newegg your business on motherboard purchases

Stop giving them your business on all purchases. I probably spend $1500 a year on PC equipment alone, and probably another $1500 on general electronics (though that figure was more like 10k this year, but that's a rare situation). Precisely $0 of that business has gone to Newegg this year. I think last time I bought something from them was 2011. Amazon is just way better to deal with, and usually has better prices to boot.

Stop giving them your business on all purchases. I probably spend $1500 a year on PC equipment alone, and probably another $1500 on general electronics (though that figure was more like 10k this year, but that's a rare situation). Precisely $0 of that business has gone to Newegg this year. I think last time I bought something from them was 2011. Amazon is just way better to deal with, and usually has better prices to boot.

This, I stopped with newegg all together. They just went down hill. Even if Amazon was a tad more expensive I would rather buy a place that has super easy return policy and good cs.

Back