Newegg rebates = pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddi

Gawd
From what I can tell, Newegg farms out their rebates.. and I'm not particularly happy with the way they handle them.

I purchased one of those nice Scepter 20.1" widescreen monitors on Feb 3rd. It arrived in 3 days.. works fantastic, and I love it. Was my first flat-panel LCD purchase, and I don't regret the choice in the least.

However, I payed $413 total for it, with a Newegg rebate of $30. I sent in the rebate materials the same day I received the monitor. The turn around for my rebate was supposed to be within 8-10 weeks. When 2 months had passed and they STILL hadnt listed my rebate os finished processing on the website, I decided to call. They asked me to wait an additional 2 weeks, as they had a 'backlog' in processing, and it would be done as soon as possible. I called them back a month later, and demanded to speak to a superviser, as the damn thing STILL hadn't processed.

I was kept on hold for almost 20 minutes, being asked repeatedly what I needed, and to hold again. Eventually someone picked up, and after a few moments he read back to me my dress info.. and they had reveresed my apartment number and my street number! ?!?!?

Are they having cimps type their data in now??? How can you actually believe an aparmtent number is going to be 4 digits long???

Anyways.. they fixed it, and RESTARTED the process, but are making me wait an ADDITIONAL 3 months.. the estimated time of 'check issuance' is August 7th.. What a crock of bubbling crap.

The lovely icing on the cake.. or kick in the balls (depending on if your a half full/half empty type of person) is that the godamn monitor has DROPPED IN PRICE $150 in the time I've been waiting for my godamn rebate..!!!

Moral of this story is.. avoid Newegg mail in rebates like the plague.. they have great prices (most times), and fantastic products, but their rebate system is a complete joke.

Hi DoggyDaddi,

You are correct; we do out source our rebate process to a company called Continental Promotion Group (CPG). We would like to be of assistance. Although we cannot guarantee that the rebate will be processed any faster, we would like to request your Sales Order number (SO#) associated with the rebate. We will contact CPG and see if anything can be done to expedite your rebate process. Please feel free to PM us with the information. Thank you.

Newegg Support said:
Hi DoggyDaddi,

You are correct; we do out source our rebate process to a company called Continental Promotion Group (CPG). We would like to be of assistance. Although we cannot guarantee that the rebate will be processed any faster, we would like to request your Sales Order number (SO#) associated with the rebate. We will contact CPG and see if anything can be done to expedite your rebate process. Please feel free to PM us with the information. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Newegg Customer Support

Doggy Daddi nice way you get your rebate. Newegg cannot loose all their Hardforum customers just for some single rebate. They will even pay you from their pocket if they have to.
Go customer power ! :D

Get a load of this:

I ordered a 19" LCD monitor from the egg on November 3rd of 2006. Came with an $80.00 rebate. I filled out the form and sent it off within 2 weeks.

Well, I honestly totally forgot about the rebate until yesterday I receive a handwritten $80.00 check from them! 7 months later!

I guess the chimps ran out of bananas and went on a strike! :D

pcstuff said:
Get a load of this:

I ordered a 19" LCD monitor from the egg on November 3rd of 2006. Came with an $80.00 rebate. I filled out the form and sent it off within 2 weeks.

Well, I honestly totally forgot about the rebate until yesterday I receive a handwritten $80.00 check from them! 7 months later!

I guess the chimps ran out of bananas and went on a strike! :D

Nov 2006? Cool. I didn't know the egg had time machines!

BTW I much prefer rebates from the egg then trying to deal with TD.

I love the egg but these stories are reasons why I rarely ever purchase anything requiring rebates anymore. Speaking of forgetting rebates, I think I am still owed a rebate or two from compusa. It was last year and by attrition, I have forgotten about it and have since thrown out all pertinent information. Oh well...besides I think it was for $20 (norton suite it was)....
Nice to see the egg people here. Ah, that is why they have gotten a few $K from me this past year....

I never got my rebate from last christmas for the 2x1GB memory deal, or from eVga for a video card :eek: < not newegg, just other rebates

I had the problem recently with western digital rebates. I had 2 ($20 and $30) rebates on a drive and so did a 'friend' at another address. The rebates came on one drive, but not the other. I sent a email to WD and a new set of rebate checks were sent out and I had them within a week.

It still took 12-16 weeks till I got the first set though...

Posting this in the [H]otDEALS section ftw! :rolleyes:

CoolZoolander.jpg

Sounds like one heck of a [H]otdeal to me..... :-P

The Egg owns... always has, always will. Only bad move they ever made was switching their primary package delivery service to UPS over FedEx.

Lol, I am still waiting on a $50 rebate from the Samsung 2010 printer myself. Twice the rebate handling company has tried to refuse it- the first time for falling outside of the allowed purchase dates which was easy to prove wrong, the second time they denied I had sent in the original UPC. They now state I will see my rebate in August which falls right about 7 months after I purchased the printer from Newegg.

The really funny thing? I though the printer was such a good deal I had my parents, parents-in-law, and a co-worker all get the same printer and send in for their rebates.

To date the refusals have been for the following :

Co-Worker - No UPC - corrected eventually

Parents - Rebate form not sent in - interesting since they had the contact email eh? Its the only form with the contact email

Parents-in-Law - Printer purchased outside of rebate dates - proved wrong

I think this probably is a complaint about Samsung rebates to be honest but since all of the rebate items were purchased at Newegg I have to admit having questions about buying rebate items again

I'll also chime in and say that I NEVER buy any item anymore with a rebate. Been burned too many times, it's not worth it. Doesn't matter if it's Newegg, Fry's, etc.

Since this thread relates to Newegg - FYI any item that sorts as cheaper because it has a rebate gets immediately skipped. I'll spend more not to deal with it.

Instant savings FTW!

Rebates suck. I just won't buy anything with a rebate.

TD, NewEgg, Monarch, Clubit---listen up... WE HATE REBATES!

Yeah, not a big fan of the FedEx to UPS switch either.

Well I just ordered a bunch of crap and am waiting for 5 different rebates - I better get 'em soon!

I had my state's attorney general go after Continental Promotion Group (Tempe, AZ). Long story short they finally paid. They can afford it -- ex CEO donated 65 mil to a college. That's one helluva lot of unclaimed rebates.

Rebates in general are pretty much a crock. It's a way of making a product look cheap and hoping that the consumers never send in the paperwork. If ANY company (not singling out the 'egg here-I love you guys as a general rule) really expected to issue 100% of the rebates people are eligible for, they would simply put the item on sale and reduce the price up front.

It's simply creative economics that make quarter sales and other stats that don't matter to the consumers look better.

BTW, I buy stuff with rebates. I then complete the rebate information, make 14 copies of all my materials, have them all notarized and filed with local circuit court, blessed by a pastor, hermetically seal them, then I store them in safety deposit boxes at undisclosed, fire safe locations and wait for several months until I get money in the mail that I forgot I even deserved.

Most definitely NOT a hot deal :(

Otherwise....about a year ago i bought a 6800nu from newegg. It had a $30 rebate. When i got it, the box was HUGE and i kinda forgot to grab the UPC and tossed the gigantic box in the recycling bin. I contacted the company(XFX), and after sending them some info that newegg was kind enough to supply(stating that i hadnt returned the product or so), I Eventually got my rebate! So, even though I didnt have the UPC, which is the huge requirement for rebates, i still got it. Thumbs up.

p.s. Still not a hot deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back