Newegg--PayPal 20% Holiday Cash Back ---- Booooo

Newegg didn't pay up. I bought the stuff and I even got a email from them on the 18th of December and they said it will be deposited by the 31st of January. So I wrote them yesterday again and now they say to bad, it was all a mistake.
This was a Hot Deal gone BAD !

Put this thread in the [H]otDeals Discussions forum.

This is not a hot deal. kthx.

Also, if they sent you an email saying they would, that is a legal binding contract. Sue them, don't complain to us.

Put this thread in the [H]otDeals Discussions forum.

This is not a hot deal. kthx.

Also, if they sent you an email saying they would, that is a legal binding contract. Sue them, don't complain to us.

Who pissed in your cornflakes? Seriously man, he is complaining about a *former* HOT Deal that many of us were involved in. You could certainly use a little tact:(.

Wake up. This is why the Hot Deals Discussion Forum was created. Don't take it out on me. Take it out on the guy who really had someone piss in his cornflakes and decided to clutter up the Hot Deals forum with his personal problems.

Thank you for the kind remarks, I'm trying to help keep the forum clean here. Hot Deals is not for personal issues.

I got my refund back, quick, even though I was outside the actual deal (slightly).
Went and bought a 3600 X2 ($48) from them :/

A note to all.....instead of complaining to the OP about his poor choice of forums (especially since he can't move the thread), report the post and the moderator or admin will move it to the more appropriate forum. Use the system, it really works.

Just letting you know I used the system and reported the post.

lmao i dont care, this is an internet forum....my life isnt over.

later Dick (Op, his first name is Richard so this is allowed)

Hey, don't get so offended here.

Now that this is in the correct forum, the question is... How can we help him more than he can help himself? Does he want us to become his team of lawyers against Newegg?

Sorry, I didn't even see the little sub-forum at the top.
Since this was once a Hot Deal, I thought it would be appropriate to let people know that newegg is backing out of the 20% deal.

Since this was once a Hot Deal, I thought it would be appropriate to let people know that newegg is backing out of the 20% deal.

You probably made a purchase after the paypal funds were emptied. Blame paypal for not providing the funds... as this was a PAYPAL promotion.

Can you post screenshots or something of the emails you received and sent? (blur out confidential information if necessary)

Newegg is really usually good with their customers. Have you called the customer support?

If they refuse to pay up and you have a legitimate case, the next step is the BBB.

edit: and I also realize Paypal was involved, so half of it might be to blame on them. But Newegg had to participate in the deal in order to allow it. There's a responsibility on their part as well.

Paypal offered the cash back and I remember it was very limited, as in the first so many users to take advantage of it.

Anyways, the beef you have can only be resolved by Paypal since they offered the money back. FWIW, I've always received the promotional cash back offers from Paypal, so I don't think they are out to "cheat" anyone either. I'm not a huge fan of Paypal, but they have consistently honored these types of deals in the past.

There is a whole chain of events that could have lead to this, including a misunderstanding of how the promotion worked. I'm suspecting this because you're blaming newegg.

The best rule of thumb on these deals (and rebates) is to not rely on it in making your decision about the purchase. If you need said item then buy it. If not - don't. Simple isn't it?? ;)

I would recommend contacting Newegg customer service politely on the phone. They have been Very good to me historically, and a little bit of politeness can go a long way (as evidenced in this thread :p).

As others said though, you may be SOL since this may be a PayPal issue, but you can try your luck...

Back