NewEgg Open Box - experiences?

Sprayingmango

[H]ard|Gawd
Just curious if anyone has used NewEggs open box motherboard deal before? Wondering what the experience has been.

TERRIBLE.... over the past 15 years buying from newegg, I have purchased a open box GPU and a open box MOTHERBOARD.. both were 100% defective and wasted 2 weeks of my time on each purchase. Like obvious defects, I mean the GPU had a crack on it. Newegg DOES NOT test this stuff and wouldnt be surprised if they dont even inspect them either.. STAY AWAY

I have 0 experience with NE open box, Bought i bought a refurbished clearance openbox gtx 1080 FE for 380 bucks + destiny 2 and works flawlessly... Now its even watercooled @ 2100mhz and +465 on memory!

Just curious if anyone has used NewEggs open box motherboard deal before? Wondering what the experience has been.

You'll get the motherboard. Whether you get anything else with it is a total crap shoot.

I've bought plenty of open box items from newegg over the years with success. They sometimes come in retail boxes, even.

I've bought several open box/refurb mobos & gpus from the egg many times. Never had any issues at all with any of them. Heck I lucked out a few times and got full retail packages for the price of open box/refurb :D

Bought a GTX 650Ti and a MSI K7N IIRC, no issues what so ever.

i haven't had any issues with open box from newegg either.. from other peoples experiences i've heard newegg seems to use the "trust" system so i'm not sure if they actually inspect/test the stuff that gets returned unless the person returning it actually marks it as being defective. but like any store that does open box sales it's luck of the draw but make sure the open box item you're buying comes directly from newegg and not third party seller. i will never touch another refurb from newegg or third party seller on their site ever again though.

I'm also in the "good luck" camp, and like some of the others, I've always received full retail boxes with accessories. Heck, even my purchases of "refurbs" from the Egg have been complete retail boxes.

Perhaps they took a peek at my purchase history prior to selecting which box to ship. I've sure spent enough there over the years to warrant that consideration.

Back