Newegg now trading on NASDAQ

waderunner

[H]ard|Gawd
Newegg is now being traded on NASDAQ.

Under the tone-deaf symbol NEGG(ative reviews).

Appears to have been purchased / merged with a Chinese medical equipment company.

I wonder what the boys over on /r/wallstreetbets will do with this one?

Today might be the first trading day. Up about 30% right now.

I'm pretty bear-ish on Newegg as a customer. Only buy from them as last resort.

Will be interesting to see how they do.

newegg still doesn't charge tax for some states. Mo included. I've had no bad experiences there personally. Their prices are competitive, and you know when it isn't before you join the dance.

It's still a first tier stop for me.

newegg still doesn't charge tax for some states. Mo included. I've had no bad experiences there personally. Their prices are competitive, and you know when it isn't before you join the dance.

I agree. Granted ever since I discovered Microcenter I haven't shopped at NE much. They still have a great selection and prices competitively. I never had a issues with the service either. They took care of me every time.

They used to be my primary source for buying computer components, and nowadays rarely even bother to look there. Something happened to the company a few years back and they started selling everything from wedding dresses to chainsaws

They used to be my primary source for buying computer components, and nowadays rarely even bother to look there. Something happened to the company a few years back and they started selling everything from wedding dresses to chainsaws
Chainsaw (lumberjack) wedding maybe?

I used them for everything up until 2009-2010. I don't know what changes they made internally at that time but their prices went up and their service went WAY down for me. MicroCenter and Amazon are where I go for most everything now.

20 years ago they were relevant imo. Now the
I used them for everything up until 2009-2010. I don't know what changes they made internally at that time but their prices went up and their service went WAY down for me. MicroCenter and Amazon are where I go for most everything now.
exactly my experience. I haven’t bought from them in a decade plus. Their CS went way down hill. I avoid them now. I was a power buyer for many years prior to that.

They still have the best cataloguing of any website imo. It's so nice being able to filter on so many different things to find the right components. Also very high resolution images.

Then you can search on Amazon or eBay and buy it there if it's a lower price lol

Well you're legally supposed to pay that sales tax on your own if the store doesn't charge it. Did you hear about when Newegg fucked over every customer in several states they weren't charging sales tax for a couple years ago? https://www.pcgamer.com/some-newegg-customers-are-getting-hit-with-tax-bills-for-past-purchases/

Basically several states said please start charging sales tax, and instead newegg gave them a list of purchases for every customer in their state which the states then used to send tax bills to the customers.

Well, they aren't the same company so..........
Well that's true, but I haven't had a problem with either. I'll just keep an eye on newegg. However, at this point, I will continue to shop directly from newegg.

I do miss the days that Newegg sold everything they had on their site themselves, and not allowed 3rd party marketers to come in. About 15 years ago, their customer service was spot-on, and top notch.

Recently, my wife made a mistake of ordering a watch band for her Apple Watch, and it took 6 weeks to get here from Communist China. Now, any time she sees that Chinese character that symbolizes "Asia" next to the item's description, she certainly avoids them...

I'll still use Newegg on a regular basis. Their prices are still competitive, and as long as you make sure that it's from Newegg itself, and not some oddball seller in Guangdong, you should be fine. It's easy to filter out the bad elements there.

I've made two major purchases from them in the last 3+ years, where my Ryzen 5 2600X / Radeon 580RX rig was built from scratch back in 2018, and I recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad E14 Gen 2 equipped with a Ryzen 5 4300U and 16 GB of RAM and a 512 GB SSD, and both times, the transactions were smooth, and shipped quickly.

I still get use them for some things. Never had an issue. Still go to Microcenter since they're like 20 minutes away for most things, and even if they'll pricematch newegg, some times it still just makes more sense to grab it online.

I used to buy al of my computer parts from NE, but now I shop there only as a last resort if something isn't available anywhere else. My last purchase was last year (a case and some RAM) and I almost forgot I had ordered them because it took like a week and a half to get here. I'm spoiled by Amazon getting most things to me within a day or two, as well as the ease with which I can return items - two things that are very appealing.

After computer shows dissappeared in Cali, and later Fry's started sucking, Newegg became my primary for a very, very long time. Then Amazon, prior to 2020. Now? I buy where/when I can to get the prices I need. My current build I bought components from many different sources including Newegg.

I used to buy al of my computer parts from NE, but now I shop there only as a last resort if something isn't available anywhere else. My last purchase was last year (a case and some RAM) and I almost forgot I had ordered them because it took like a week and a half to get here. I'm spoiled by Amazon getting most things to me within a day or two, as well as the ease with which I can return items - two things that are very appealing.

After returning one item to Newegg I quickly learned how trash their customer service is. That's why, as I stated above, I buy from all over the place now.

Been using newegg for close to twenty years, but don't use them as much lately. For my newest build which I will finally have all parts arrived by next month (5950x and 3090 based,) I only picked up the ram new from newegg. They were the only place I was familiar with to buy this particular kit, and was the cheapest anyway. When searching I have gotten very used to the first thing I do is click the restriction for sold by newegg. Got the case/fans/board/cpu from micro center, power supply from best buy, gpu from evga direct, water cooling parts from performance-pcs & ekwb direct, and some odds & ends from amazon.

They still have the best cataloguing of any website imo. It's so nice being able to filter on so many different things to find the right components. Also very high resolution images.

Then you can search on Amazon or eBay and buy it there if it's a lower price lol
Exactly. They are second to none when it comes to drilling down to a specific. Their item descriptions are top notch as well. I have no idea why they havent been copied over and over again (cost be damned). Amazon is the joke of the net in this regard. I do have to admit i dont buy nearly as much as i used to. The last year has really put them in a bad light. They do still have the best memory selection by a mile and usually the best pricing. Altho occasionally they get beat out by Amazon or B&H. The marketplace is simply an attempt at keeping up with the times. At first it was confusing but once i realized i just had to to tick the Newegg only seller box the problem was solved. Occasionally ive gambled and won on the mp weirdo companies but only very rarely.
Going public. Sometimes it shows us how a company flexes and others well, the list of failures are a mile long. Hopefully profits wont outweigh the customer and we'll all see what they CAN be rather than more of what they USED to be.

Anyone else get bombarded with the, new fantastic outta this world, automotive section ads?
😔

Exactly. They are second to none when it comes to drilling down to a specific. Their item descriptions are top notch as well. I have no idea why they havent been copied over and over again (cost be damned). Amazon is the joke of the net in this regard. I do have to admit i dont buy nearly as much as i used to. The last year has really put them in a bad light. They do still have the best memory selection by a mile and usually the best pricing. Altho occasionally they get beat out by Amazon or B&H. The marketplace is simply an attempt at keeping up with the times. At first it was confusing but once i realized i just had to to tick the Newegg only seller box the problem was solved. Occasionally ive gambled and won on the mp weirdo companies but only very rarely.
Going public. Sometimes it shows us how a company flexes and others well, the list of failures are a mile long. Hopefully profits wont outweigh the customer and we'll all see what they CAN be rather than more of what they USED to be.

Anyone else get bombarded with the, new fantastic outta this world, automotive section ads?
😔
Newegg's site is pretty great. and my MOST favorite feature, is that they link the official webpage for most products, at the bottom of their page on newegg. So nice.

I'm spoiled by Amazon getting most things to me within a day or two, as well as the ease with which I can return items - two things that are very appealing.

I've had nothing but terrible experiences with Amazon over the years. Packages never arrive, or arrive weeks late. TONS of merchandise on Amazon is either counterfeit or a bait and switch where you get some cheap shitty thing in place of a brand name item. I've directed customers to buy software from Amazon, which stated in the description that it was sold and fulfilled by Amazon, only to get a xeroxed copy of some blacklisted warez product key on a piece of printer paper. The same with computer accessories. There are literally thousands of listings of laptop batteries and chargers which use pictures from the OEM item, and you instead get shitty chinese knockoffs that are fire hazards and cause death to your laptop hazard.

Amazon has no incentive to police their own marketplace and it shows with how many dangerous and fake products there are, along with scams like bait and switch.

They should have done this shit fifteen yeas ago. Now that Amazon has as much content as Walmart, Newegg is going to continue declining.

They haven't had good customer service for the last 5 years.

I do miss the days that Newegg sold everything they had on their site themselves, and not allowed 3rd party marketers to come in. About 15 years ago, their customer service was spot-on, and top notch.

Recently, my wife made a mistake of ordering a watch band for her Apple Watch, and it took 6 weeks to get here from Communist China. Now, any time she sees that Chinese character that symbolizes "Asia" next to the item's description, she certainly avoids them...

I'll still use Newegg on a regular basis. Their prices are still competitive, and as long as you make sure that it's from Newegg itself, and not some oddball seller in Guangdong, you should be fine. It's easy to filter out the bad elements there.

I've made two major purchases from them in the last 3+ years, where my Ryzen 5 2600X / Radeon 580RX rig was built from scratch back in 2018, and I recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad E14 Gen 2 equipped with a Ryzen 5 4300U and 16 GB of RAM and a 512 GB SSD, and both times, the transactions were smooth, and shipped quickly.

why you always filter on "sold by newegg"

They should have done this shit fifteen yeas ago. Now that Amazon has as much content as Walmart, Newegg is going to continue declining.

They haven't had good customer service for the last 5 years.

ive never had customer service issues with them they are just slow. their prices are still good and their website is the best. I can't stand finding items on amazon and more often than not, i look for the same item on amazon it costs more, sometimes by a lot.

the problem with amazon is their search is garbage, and browsing based on category is broken. i comparison shop amazon prices sometimes, if i have an exact model number for the item i want.

Newegg has really good search. Like if I want a monitor that is over 30" with HDR and FreeSync, I can find it.

I also would rather support Newegg (even if I have to wait a few extra days) than give Bezos more money.

Kind of funny, I got my mom a flower set from Newegg for mother's day. Strange that Newegg is selling flowers now, but they were really nice.

For all of us north of the border Newegg is great. Ever since NCIX went under all we have is Newegg and Canada computers. CC isn't bad, but doesn't have the deals or selection that NE does. I have yet to have any issues with NE.

Newegg used to be my go-to, but since the third party resellers era, I dont.use them as mutch. (And I know how to filter)
Neweggs website is still way better than Amazon if you don't know exactly what you are looking for.
Outside of the computer world, mcmaster carr (industrial supply company) has the best website i have ever used. They had the best print catalogs back in the day too, I imagine those are totally gone now.

Aah, the good old days... boy im an old fart

For all of us north of the border Newegg is great. Ever since NCIX went under all we have is Newegg and Canada computers. CC isn't bad, but doesn't have the deals or selection that NE does. I have yet to have any issues with NE.
tried mem-ex yet?

Symbol is NEGG. Listed company name is Lianluo Smart Ltd. I definitely won't be investing in that.

I still enter the daily shuffle and if I win, I will buy from them. As for investment, that is a big NO.

Thats the only thing I use NewEgg for. I find the products I want then order from Amazon w/Prime.

I used to enjoy the Newegg Daily Deals ("shell shockers"), and picked up some good components that way.

I also used them a lot when Newegg Premiere was a thing for a while, and you got free expedited shipping and hassle-free returns.

Their biggest advantage these days seems to be the availability of components that Amazon doesn't have stock for. I notice that for example with LGA 1200 stuff.

And they Shuffles do at least give you a non-bot chance at a new GPU, though at the cost of some unattractive bundles.

Will be interesting to see where they go from here.

I hope they do well, we need more competition for amazon and PC parts.

They used to be my go to for any PC related purchases ~15 years ago. They had the best prices and the best selection by far.
Then I moved closer to a microcenter and it was a combination of microcenter and newegg for all my stuff.
Then amazon started getting more PC parts and had better pricing, faster shipping, etc, so I bought less and less from newegg. Newegg just wasn't the best anymore. But I would still consider them.

Then a couple years ago they had their site hacked for an unknown amount of time (weeks if not longer) where any new customers credit card details were sent directly to hackers. That made me worry a little ever using their site.

Then they had the whole sales tax fiasco where they didn't charge sales tax to be more attractive to buyers, but then sent state governments purchase history who in turn sent people tax bills. Newegg wasn't legally forced to do this at all, they just did it when asked to start charging sales tax.
After a scum move like that I was probably never going to use newegg again.

Then just recently the new GPUs launched which have been instantly sold out everywhere. I was desperate enough to try newegg and able to purchase a 3090 as a bundle. Bundling is a bit of a scumbag thing to do but with how fast they sell out I was willing to purchase anyways.
My 3090 was bundled with a 32 GB memory kit, but newegg sent me a 16 GB memory kit with it. When I tried to return it they said I had to return the 3090 with it.

They had a chance to regain a regular customer but they blew it. If they're going to do bullshit like that I sure as hell won't consider them.

I hope they do well, we need more competition for amazon and PC parts.

They used to be my go to for any PC related purchases ~15 years ago. They had the best prices and the best selection by far.
Then I moved closer to a microcenter and it was a combination of microcenter and newegg for all my stuff.
Then amazon started getting more PC parts and had better pricing, faster shipping, etc, so I bought less and less from newegg. Newegg just wasn't the best anymore. But I would still consider them.

Then a couple years ago they had their site hacked for an unknown amount of time (weeks if not longer) where any new customers credit card details were sent directly to hackers. That made me worry a little ever using their site.

Then they had the whole sales tax fiasco where they didn't charge sales tax to be more attractive to buyers, but then sent state governments purchase history who in turn sent people tax bills. Newegg wasn't legally forced to do this at all, they just did it when asked to start charging sales tax.
After a scum move like that I was probably never going to use newegg again.

Then just recently the new GPUs launched which have been instantly sold out everywhere. I was desperate enough to try newegg and able to purchase a 3090 as a bundle. Bundling is a bit of a scumbag thing to do but with how fast they sell out I was willing to purchase anyways.
My 3090 was bundled with a 32 GB memory kit, but newegg sent me a 16 GB memory kit with it. When I tried to return it they said I had to return the 3090 with it.

They had a chance to regain a regular customer but they blew it. If they're going to do bullshit like that I sure as hell won't consider them.

any they wouldn't send the correct memory kit?

any they wouldn't send the correct memory kit?
Nope. Since it was a bundle they handled it like a single item and wanted me to send the 3090 and memory back to them.... or some sort of BS. I'm pretty sure they purposely sent a 16 GB kit thinking I wouldn't notice/care. An HDMI to VGA adapter was also part of the bundle. They're just taking advantage of desperation for GPUs by making people pay for shit they don't want, or in my case making me pay for something they didn't even give me.

Back