Newegg: MSI Z77A Dragon + Intel i5 3570K Combo - $55 OFF

The only problem with the MSI board is that it has no eSATA. I have the regular GD65 and it's a great board.

Personally, I grabbed the Gigabyte UD4H as it had eSATA for $10 less, but the feature set of the MSI board is fantastic (minus the eSATA).

Prior thread up mentioning this - http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1756024

Haven't checked the others but really solid deals. I actually pulled the trigger on this combo. The GD65 Gaming is a really solid board thus far. I haven't gotten to play with it much. The only gripe is the sata ports are pointed down instead of up, just makes it frustrating with L shaped sata connectors. And the CPU load LEDs are a bit obnoxious but they can be turned off in the BIOS. Will probably try it out more this weekend.

New competition is always good.

Onboard LAN Chipset: Killer E2205. This might be a useful feature/perk. Would play-streaming on Twitch benefit from treating packets differently and priortizing?

I just built this exact setup and the new MSI Dragon mobo is fantastic. Best bang for the buck imo.

wow that board looks pretty cool! Good deal. I was also looking at the other gigabyte board in a simlar deal but I cannot bring myself to buy anything this close to Haswell.

wow that board looks pretty cool! Good deal. I was also looking at the other gigabyte board in a simlar deal but I cannot bring myself to buy anything this close to Haswell.

This. With Haswell and Ivy-E on the horizon, I'm holding out until the summer.
Maybe this is a good way for the Egg to clear Ivy 1155 stock.

I'll be honest and admit I like the blue and black better. This looks like someone took a rattle can to the original.

The only problem with the MSI board is that it has no eSATA. I have the regular GD65 and it's a great board.

Personally, I grabbed the Gigabyte UD4H as it had eSATA for $10 less, but the feature set of the MSI board is fantastic (minus the eSATA).

Thank you so much for this heads-up. I was holding out for a CPU+mobo combo deal with eSATA and this looks perfect for me. RAM is 10% off too (at least one RAM package is 15% off), so it might finally be time for me to bit the bullet to upgrade my ancient Q6600.

Now I just need to research CPU coolers and I'll be set!

Thank you so much for this heads-up. I was holding out for a CPU+mobo combo deal with eSATA and this looks perfect for me. RAM is 10% off too (at least one RAM package is 15% off), so it might finally be time for me to bit the bullet to upgrade my ancient Q6600.

Now I just need to research CPU coolers and I'll be set!

I have a 212+ with push/pull fans on mine. No problems. Bang for the buck, hard to beat.

I have a 212+ with push/pull fans on mine. No problems. Bang for the buck, hard to beat.

Bought everything and went with a 212 Evo cooler. Very excited to finally have an up to date system again, just in time for Haswell to come out in a few months :D After limping along with a Q6600 for almost 5 years I couldn't care less. Thanks again!

Back