Newegg Labor Day Sale

MISMCSA

2[H]4U
Some good deals in there, but unfortunately I don't want/need any of them :(

Notleh

Limp Gawd
Was just about to post this. Probably time to buy a few more Samsung Spinpoint F3's.

TwistedAegis

[H]F Junkie
Really want a KVM switch that can do 2560x1600, but they're so damn expensive and never seem to go on sale... :( The cost/benefit just isn't there for me at that price point.

silent-circuit

[H]F Junkie
Nice price for 8GB of DDR3. (Two of those Team Group kits). Shame I don't need it. Also tempted by the 2TB Seagate, but I swore long ago no more Seagate or Maxtor drives for me.

cjhatesu

Limp Gawd
Got myself the $12.99 3watt LED flashlight for my night time bike riding fixation. Really good price for a bicycle mountable light and the reviews have said the light quality is up to par with $50+ Surefire lights. Some day I want a real nice flashlight but for now this will do plenty fine.

sabregen

Fully [H]
also couldn't find anything that I wanted or needed. I upgrade too often :S

one swell foop

[H]ard|Gawd
Was just about to post this. Probably time to buy a few more Samsung Spinpoint F3's.

I'm torn between that Spinpoint F3, so that I may be able to do a raid setup later with my other 1TB drive, and this 2 TB Spinpoint f4 for $80. I've got ten gigs left on my current 1 TB media drive, and I don't want to get my 150 gig WD Raptor OS drive too full. Also, I can use Amazon prime to get free 2 day shipping on the 2TB drive....

Thoughts anyone? What would you do if on a limited budget that didn't allow you to buy two of the 1TB f3s?

PiERiT

2[H]4U
Chat's closed for the night, I think. I'll shoot them an email but I'm not optimistic. I've tried it a couple times and it hasn't worked.

Gazoo

Gawd
Chat's closed for the night, I think. I'll shoot them an email but I'm not optimistic. I've tried it a couple times and it hasn't worked.

It's worked just about 4 of 4 times for me, but they've always been along side buying many other items, possibly why. Off the top of my head, worked on two HDD purchases, a PSU purchase and a case.

Lengradde

Limp Gawd
You sure you don't need a Hitachi magic wand? Some of the things Newegg puts on sale....:eek:

beowulf7

[H]F Junkie
I wouldn't mind an upgraded micro SDHC card for my phone, but the one Newegg has on sale for Labor Day has horrible reviews. :(

gangolfus

Gawd
I bit on the LG 47" TV. I've been looking at this TV for a few months and this is the lowest price I've seen it. Add in the free 1TB NAS and free router that I should be able to flip for a couple hundred and it is a scorching deal.

chrnochime

Gawd
It seems that the XFX 6870 has finally sold out. Bummer, right before I got paid, too!

is there any significant difference between the one on sale for labor day and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150561

Other than the fact that it's $5 more than the former (yet offers $10 less for a rebate), what's the difference?

I thought someone brought up the driver problem with 6850/70 cards a while back, not sure if that's solved or not though.

Zero Absolution

Weaksauce
Did some searching and apparently that can be fixed by going into overdrive and doing it manually? Not 100% on that, but some posts & newegg reviews mentioned that.

Anyway, I guess the major difference I overlooked was that the previous card had 2 fans as opposed to 1 on this one.

/usr/sbin

Successfully Trolled by Megalith
In for a 2 TB Seagate. I'm running out of room for media rips, and while the pricing isn't excellent, it's decent at $35/TB