[Newegg] Kingston V300 240GB SSD - $124 after promo code

octoberasian

2[H]4U
2014-02-08_07-42-59.png

Link.

Promo code:EMCYTZT5653

Deal valid between 12:00am on 2/8/2014 to 11:59pm PT on 2/9/2014

(It's honestly great to see SSDs in large capacities coming down in prices and on sale more often.)

Last edited:
Well since Kingston switched to async nand without telling anyone they have lost plenty of customers. I will not buy from them until they either apologize and announce it, or switch back. DO NOT reward companies for playing shitty games like this.

Good day!

Well since Kingston switched to async nand without telling anyone they have lost plenty of customers. I will not buy from them until they either apologize and announce it, or switch back. DO NOT reward companies for playing shitty games like this.

Good day!
Ah, that I did not know. Thanks for the heads up.

Good day!

Still plenty good for many many applications.

I tihnk for $5-$10 more people are better off with an M500.
M500 240GB for $129.29 as of this post

EDIT: Egg is matching for 129 as well, so scratch what I said, that's definitely a better idea.

Anyway, I have the Kingston drive my laptop as its primary drive and it works great. And I have the m500 in my desktop. Both are working fantastically.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
[L]imey;1040614884 said:
EDIT: Egg is matching for 129 as well, so scratch what I said, that's definitely a better idea.

Anyway, I have the Kingston drive my laptop as its primary drive and it works great. And I have the m500 in my desktop. Both are working fantastically.

And you likely have a Kingston drive that has synchronous nand used in it and not the shitty async nand that Kingston has switched to using.

Please just do a search for Kingston async and you will immediately find out what is happening.

As someone who's never used a "good" SSD, I think this kingston is a good drive for the money; that is, unless the Crucial M500 is $5 more then it seems worth the extra price.

I have a Kingston V+200 with async NAND and it's been great for me.

Kingston SSDNow V300 reviewed well and did well until the nand and/or Firmware switch to 506 (5.0.6).
The previous version is fine (firmware 505). New version is slow in most benchmarks, and apparently noticeably so in use. Kingston defends speed claims by choosing one benchmark it does well with.

And you likely have a Kingston drive that has synchronous nand used in it and not the shitty async nand that Kingston has switched to using.

Please just do a search for Kingston async and you will immediately find out what is happening.

Sure and you might be right. I bought the drive in early december, so no idea what firmware is on it, but as I received it, it works fine.

Back