Newegg is giving out MGS:V codes to those that got Batman keys

Damn I wasted my Batman code thinking it would give me two Batman games I should of know better...... what is the time frame for the cards bought?
I read the cutoff time was 7-23 or something... going to try anyway =)

Last edited:
Try another rep from chat. Give them your order number and say arkham knight is broken and you want top instead.

sweeeeeet!!!

Bought my gtx970 back in April when they were only giving away The Witcher 3. When they started giving away Batman I asked for a code and they gave one to me. Now I asked them to give me MGS V as a replacement for Batman being so buggy and they just gave me a code.

New Egg customer for life here now but I always kinda was I tired again =)

Customer : HI I bought a 980ti card a month ago but the copy I got was Batman and the game is kinda unplayable so was wondering if I could get a copy of Metal Gear Solid V The phantom pain instead?
Agent : Hi . Thank you for providing me with that information. I will be more than happy to assist you.
Agent .: Since we do value you as a customer, I have created an order # to send the item # for you at no cost to you. You will receive emails concerning the order status. You can check your order status under My Account. Please allow 1-2 business days for the order to be processed and emailed.
Agent .: Please be aware that you will receive the promotional code for the Metal Gear Solid V Game; however, the code itself will not activate until the game is released by Konami. Currently the planned released date is September 15th. Please keep in mind that the release is subject to change by the game publisher, Konami.
Customer : Thank you very much =) Batman's frame rate is pretty bad in it's current state.
Customer : Bye
Customer : ?
Agent : I am really happy to assist you.
Agent .: You are very welcome. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you. Before we end our chat, I want to invite you to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey. To take the survey, all you need to do is click the "Exit" button at the top of the chat window. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for contacting Newegg. I hope you have an eggcellent day!

Just tell them Batman sucks =)

I have like 1/2 hour into Batman only got to poison Ivy and quit.

I hope you have an eggcellent day

I just tried this and got a MGS V code. :) The rep said the batman key would not be disabled.

Amazon is the best, refunded me so I can purchase the game when it comes out.

Sitting in the chat queue right now... hope they'll do it. Thanks regardless.

Edit: Worked. :)

Last edited:
So on newegg what did you list as Issue? And what's the reason for contacting them? What ever I list it says invalid.

this is my chat log with Amazon this morning,
amazon-chat-MSG-Promo.jpg

There is no general issue.

Returns
Payments
Shipping
Order Assistance
Account/Other

After you pick one of the them, then there's a bunch more to go thru.

Dude, no offense, but based on my response ("something like general issue with order") I can clearly see one of the options you listed deals with orders. Start with that one, then fill out the other options that come up. You are thinking too hard, just choose something /anything to connect you to a CSR.

Not thinking to hard! I spent over a hour this morning trying all of them and kept coming up with invalid..

Dude, no offense, but based on my response ("something like general issue with order") I can clearly see one of the options you listed deals with orders. Start with that one, then fill out the other options that come up. You are thinking too hard, just choose something /anything to connect you to a CSR.

Not thinking to hard! I spent over a hour this morning trying all of them and kept coming up with invalid..

Maybe try another browser, could be a script issue or something. Or clear cookies/cache etc. I didn't see a contact phone number, but maybe you can email them. Sorry, thought you were one of those people that can't think outside the box / need someone else to do everything for them, but it sounds like you are genuinely having a technical problem. My bad and good luck.

Last edited:
lol Ass Creed I think Batman got the rap for being bad but Unity was up there too =)

lol Ass Creed I think Batman got the rap for being bad but Unity was up there too =)

Unity was bad but I'd say the situation with it was better than Batman. Batman is less randomly glitchy but Ubisoft handled everything so much better.

So is batman still unplayable on pc and it's it just buggy or a bad game?

It's randomly unplayable. For some people it works perfectly fine, for others there are performance issues. Bug wise it's not that bad. Like any big open world game there are weird glitches but the problem has always been performance related. There are no floating eyeballs and mouths like Unity had.

System: +Welcome Arr4ws ! My name is Marvin X.+1
System: +How may I assist you today?++++
Marvin X.: +Hi Arr4ws++
Marvin X.: +I would be more than happy to help you.+++++
Arr4ws: +Hi Marvin, i read you are giving out key for metal gear solid since arkham knight was (and still is) unplayable++++
Arr4ws: +even with the computer i built with parts ordered from newegg !
Marvin X.: +Thank you for that information. I can check it for you. One moment please.+++++
Arr4ws: +thanks marvin!++
Marvin X.: +Thank you for holding.+
Marvin X.: +I show that I can send the game code to you, Arr4ws.+
Arr4ws: +that would be great!
Marvin X.: +It will be emailed to you within 1-2 business days.++
Arr4ws: +I really appreciate it Marvin++++++
Arr4ws: +have a nice day!

Last edited:
I think I made out pretty good. Amazon gave me a $63 refund and a member here traded me an MGS5 key for a copy of Zombie Army Trilogy, which was on sale this weekend for $15. I bought myself a copy of that game as well since I like Zombie games.

Back