Newegg is finally price matching!

look around its avail on a metric fuckton of stuff.... that $229 LG 27 in monitor is on there.... EVGA GTX 770... a bunch of motherboards.... seagate 3tb external HD...... some SSD's...... more than half of their LCD/LED TV's have it..... the HASWELL i7 4770k chip....? so far all the big ticket items im lookin at has it on there..... not EVERYTHING but most of it....

Who cares, fuck Newegg...

LOL you can fuck whatever youd like... Men...Women... Small furry animals.... a Southern California E-tailler.... whatever floats your boat.... whatever gets your rocks off.... :D

I just like to save $$$$$$ and I'm happy that even if just a little bit the bastards are loosening some of their stupid policies. :D:D

Funny, I don't see Microcenter listed as one of their Major Retailers, probably wouldn't do it anyway since even though you can buy it online, you have to pick up instore.

This isn't new either, they have done it for the past two (at least) holiday shopping seasons.

I'm not sure, what's up with the newegg hate on the [H]. I love newegg, 60% of my parts come from them, the rest comes from the forums. Only some household items, I purchase on Amazon, almost never they have better prices then egg, service been on par with Amazon, if not a little better.

Now, there has been: "newegg doesn't pay [H] enough money, but Amazon does". Newegg still does pay guys, they just pay less, because they have razor thin margins. I believe they pay 1-2% commission. If anything it's more of an [H] money grab.

I think there was some controversy with newegg changing what they pay without telling H and that is where the drama started.

Anyhow I think the price match can be good, maybe you want to just buy it all from one place. But generally I have found price matching to be a joke online. When ordering any item is only a few clicks away whats the point? I get it at retail stores since you had to drive there. And I understand they need to do it to compete with online. My problem has always been, why do you need to price match in the first place? Its cause your prices aren't good enough right? And you are playing a game where you keep prices high to rip off your good faithfull customers and only lower them for the cheap skates willing to do a price match. I much prefer you as a company just strait up give everyone a good price.

And if neweggs price match is anything like best buys it wont be worth trying.

So in the end the only time I price match is on big ticket items that I want to buy at a local B&M store so I can easily return it. Typically TVs.

meh, for computer components, I'm still buying from Newegg. I live in Des Moines, so there are literally zero computer hardware options locally. Don't get me wrong, I shop around plenty, but I won't pass up a deal just because it's Newegg.

Who cares, fuck Newegg...

This.

I'm not sure, what's up with the newegg hate on the [H]. I love newegg, 60% of my parts come from them, the rest comes from the forums. Only some household items, I purchase on Amazon, almost never they have better prices then egg, service been on par with Amazon, if not a little better.

Now, there has been: "newegg doesn't pay [H] enough money, but Amazon does". Newegg still does pay guys, they just pay less, because they have razor thin margins. I believe they pay 1-2% commission. If anything it's more of an [H] money grab.

Good reason for the Newegg hate here on Hard but it's up to each individual on where they shop...but let me correct one thing (line above the sig):

http://hardforum.com/announcement.php?f=75&a=92

"Look for items with the Iron Egg℠ badge and you'll get the lowest price on those select products through our comprehensive Price Guarantee Service."

The first item I looked for did not have this special badge. I stopped right there. Once you know, you amazon.

This.

Good reason for the Newegg hate here on Hard but it's up to each individual on where they shop...but let me correct one thing (line above the sig):

http://hardforum.com/announcement.php?f=75&a=92

Why would they do that ? Whilst newegg.ca still provides commissions ? There has to be a reason.

In either case, you can visit Hot deals forum here on [H], most deals come from newegg, almost never from Amazon. And, I don't appreciate [H] redirecting me, while other forums don't, it's just a disservice. Why would I ever visit Hot deals forum, if I wanted to pay more. For all I care [H] should work it out with newegg.

Why would they do that ? Whilst newegg.ca still provides commissions ? There has to be a reason.

In either case, you can visit Hot deals forum here on [H], most deals come from newegg, almost never from Amazon. And, I don't appreciate [H] redirecting me, while other forums don't, it's just a disservice. Why would I ever visit Hot deals forum, if I wanted to pay more. For all I care [H] should work it out with newegg.

I won't respond to the above because words such as "don't appreciate", "disservice", and "for all I care" are only associated with Newgg, not [H]. If you get better pricing at Newegg then by all means I guess keep shopping there?

If you click on any link to a Newegg product in the HotDeals section it specifically tells you why...

"Amazon keeps this forum FREE. Newegg does not. Click on the link below to take you to the same product at Amazon and keep Hardforum FREE."

The Details:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1737832&highlight=newegg

No one here should support Newegg, they don't support [H].

/lock thread... please.

Buy an SSD from NewEgg? They ship it in an envelope and it arrives dead.
Buy a hard drive from NewEgg? They ship it without padding, and it arrives dead.
Buy a processor from NewEgg? Better hope it is exactly what you want, because there are no refunds.
Buy a GPU from NewEgg? No refunds for them either!
Buy a motherboard from NewEgg? You'd better hope you don't need to return it, because they'll just figure out a way to deny your refund because of damage they did to the board.
Buy a case from NewEgg? Better hope UPS does not deliver it via cannon, since NewEgg's going to take their sweeeeet time getting a replacement to you. Hope you didn't need that computer tomorrow!
Buy a power supply from NewEgg? Yup, guess what. You just bought a refurb, complete with RMA sticker from the previous owner.

Fuck NewEgg, indeed. I'm done with them, and I no longer recommend them for any of my friends or family or co-workers.

I won't respond to the above because words such as "don't appreciate", "disservice", and "for all I care" are only associated with Newgg, not [H]. If you get better pricing at Newegg then by all means I guess keep shopping there?

If you click on any link to a Newegg product in the HotDeals section it specifically tells you why...

"Amazon keeps this forum FREE. Newegg does not. Click on the link below to take you to the same product at Amazon and keep Hardforum FREE."

The Details:

You won't respond ? You just did... I don't associate those words with newegg, world excellent comes to mind. I will in fact keep shopping there.

Newegg won't keep [H] free ? Why in the world are they obligated to ? Why anyone would ever pay for visiting [H] ? There are dozens of forums very similar to it. None of them are complaining about newegg.

I don't see a reason why Newegg doesn't pay commission to [H], while they pay to everyone else. It doesn't make sense.

You won't respond ? You just did... I don't associate those words with newegg, world excellent comes to mind. I will in fact keep shopping there.

Newegg won't keep [H] free ? Why in the world are they obligated to ? Why anyone would ever pay for visiting [H] ? There are dozens of forums very similar to it. None of them are complaining about newegg.

I don't see a reason why Newegg doesn't pay commission to [H], while they pay to everyone else. It doesn't make sense.

Installing the NewZon extension in your browser will get rid of all our "disservice" to you.

http://newzon.net/

It used to be that I wanted other places to price match Newegg...How times have changed.

I'll give my business to whomever gives me the best deal, period, provided the service is satisfactory.

When newegg used to have issues shipping hard drives in not enough padding, I stopped by hard drives from them. They rectified it, iirc. Then amazon had similar issues at one point, iirc.

Don't get hung up on a retailer name, shop where your money goes the furthest and the service is satisfactory. I've shopped at both and will continue to do so unless/until there's a good reason not to.

They pay commision on their own terms, they figured since they have a following courtesy of hardware sites such as Hardocp. That they could reduce the commision without prior notice. Having said that, I stopped shopping there before this even happened due to obvious reasons which were previously stated.

Last edited:
Honestly, this whole thing would have been a whole lot easier for EVERYBODY to understand if it was posted in the FREE area.. I for one did not pay for access to that thread and im sure there are many many many more that didnt pay anything either so :eek:THEY CANT SEE THE THREAD as well :eek:. i just started this thread because they started a new price match thing today. some how it got hijacked to the hate newegg cause they do not pay comissions thread. so there ya go.... people are confused cause the majority are like myself and just didnt fork out the wallet for the ability to post and read in that special section of the hardforum. if its so important why not let the masses read it for FREE..... id love to read about the newegg hate and im sure they might like to read it too who knows... might change their minds about the whole thing..... id love to read about it but im not gonna pay anything for access to it. I know its only $5 but still.... its the principle of it.... if you all want the [H] community to unite against NEWEGG move the thread to a free area.

The Details:

I buy whatever is cheapest, that Newzon plugin helps alot, I bought a new PC build and all the major components (CPU, Mobo, GPU) came from Amazon.

Honestly, this whole thing would have been a whole lot easier for EVERYBODY to understand if it was posted in the FREE area.. I for one did not pay for access to that thread and im sure there are many many many more that didnt pay anything either so :eek:THEY CANT SEE THE THREAD as well :eek:. i just started this thread because they started a new price match thing today. some how it got hijacked to the hate newegg cause they do not pay comissions thread. so there ya go.... people are confused cause the majority are like myself and just didnt fork out the wallet for the ability to post and read in that special section of the hardforum. if its so important why not let the masses read it for FREE..... id love to read about the newegg hate and im sure they might like to read it too who knows... might change their minds about the whole thing..... id love to read about it but im not gonna pay anything for access to it. I know its only $5 but still.... its the principle of it.... if you all want the [H] community to unite against NEWEGG move the thread to a free area.

I and probably the silent majority appreciate you posting this, most of us buy from where ever is cheapest. I am sure that for some legal reasons H cannot post it publicly or newegg would set some lawyers on them. All threads about newegg tend to go this way though. Just shrug it off and don't worry about it you didn't do anything wrong.

This is hardly price matching. "One price match per customer"? Ffff.

Buy a hard drive from NewEgg? They ship it without padding, and it arrives dead.
Buy a processor from NewEgg? Better hope it is exactly what you want, because there are no refunds.
Buy a motherboard from NewEgg? You'd better hope you don't need to return it, because they'll just figure out a way to deny your refund because of damage they did to the board.
Buy a case from NewEgg? Better hope UPS does not deliver it via cannon, since NewEgg's going to take their sweeeeet time getting a replacement to you. Hope you didn't need that computer tomorrow!
Buy a power supply from NewEgg? Yup, guess what. You just bought a refurb, complete with RMA sticker from the previous owner.

Fuck NewEgg, indeed. I'm done with them, and I no longer recommend them for any of my friends or family or co-workers.

I have been using Newegg almost since they had just started up.

I have never had any issues with doing RMAs though them.

Now ASUS... that is another story. Newegg actually gave me a refund on a board that I had bought from them between 1-2 years before it went bad and ASUS sent me a damaged replacement board that lasted a whole week before it completely died.

After trying to contact ASUS to get another replacement, even before it died since it was physically damaged. ASUS basically told me to pound sand.

Contacted Newegg about it and they refunded me my original purchase price.

I will never use an ASUS product again unless it is given to me for free.

Their warranty is total crap.

Newegg on the other hand has never given me any issues.

And while we are on the subject of crappy RMA service, Tiger Direct either has the worst online RMA setup, or their system has been broken for over a month.

I needed to RMA a monitor that died a few days after we received it. Went online to set up an RMA and the only thing it would let me do as far as replacement was to pay for the new one and then have them refund me once they received the old one.

And even when it did that, it didn't actually set up the RMA all the way or email me a return label.

I had to then call in and talk to them to get the RMA set up all the way.

The way their RMA system is setup is total crap. Left a bad taste in my mouth and I would rather spend a few dollars somewhere else just to avoid that.

This is hardly price matching. "One price match per customer"? Ffff.

On top of that:

1). You only get to price match AFTER you buy the item at Newegg's price. Meaning you're screwed if they don't honor the price match.

2). You get "paid" with a Newegg gift card.

- Bought 2 SSDs from Newegg. Yeah they arrived in an envelope, but it was a padded enveloped. It's an SSD, not a mechanical drive.
- First time I'm hearing about no refunds on CPUs
- I've received refunds for countless GPUs I purchased through openbox.
- Replacement takes about two weeks?
- Rosewill Hive, Corsair 430, Corsair 500, Corsair TX750, Rosewill Lightning 800, OCZ ZT 750, I purchased all of these from Newegg. All were brand new.

Don't get me wrong, for the past couple of months I'm buying 90% of my hardware from Amazon simply because they're a lot cheaper than Newegg nowadays, but Newegg's customer service and quality was always top notch for me. Sounds like you had a couple unfortunate purchases.

Ive been using newegg since 2001, probably spent around $50,000 there over the years. NEVER had a problem with newegg. RMA or Returns has always been smooth as butter, but very rare.

I understand that maybe newegg is getting cheap, because with amazon / tiger direct, superbiiz , microcenter or whatever its cutting into their profit margins.

My question is this, if we dont shop at newegg, where in the hell are we suppose to shop then? yard sales?

Microcenter is to far away to drive to, amazon prices are redonkolous. $279 for a 5 year old used 775 motherboard is competitive? Doing a search for 775 motherboard results in car phone chargers before anything computer comes up...

Newegg is a site i can go and clearly see a highly detailed photos of a product from every angle. I can EASILY find the products im looking for, i can see technical specifications, reviews, etc. No other website on the planet matches newegg website in quality. If there is, please direct me there.

Ive been using newegg since 2001, probably spent around $50,000 there over the years. NEVER had a problem with newegg. RMA or Returns has always been smooth as butter, but very rare.

I understand that maybe newegg is getting cheap, because with amazon / tiger direct, superbiiz , microcenter or whatever its cutting into their profit margins.

My question is this, if we dont shop at newegg, where in the hell are we suppose to shop then? yard sales?

Microcenter is to far away to drive to, amazon prices are redonkolous. $279 for a 5 year old used 775 motherboard is competitive? Doing a search for 775 motherboard results in car phone chargers before anything computer comes up...

Newegg is a site i can go and clearly see a highly detailed photos of a product from every angle. I can EASILY find the products im looking for, i can see technical specifications, reviews, etc. No other website on the planet matches newegg website in quality. If there is, please direct me there.

If you still have had good experience with Egg at all recently you're in the minority.

Among all of my last orders before I ditched Egg...I had HDDs tossed in a shipping box with packing paper in top...I've had items sold as new and billed as new, clearly sent open-box...Every RMA for a DOA or defective item I automatically have to contact CS to not get charged a restocking fee on DOA or defective items...The motherboard in my sig, I had to fix a mangled LGA pin that came that way from NewEgg.

Per Il Duce Bennet, Amazon via Newzon is how to shop Amazon for computer parts.

Newegg is getting cheap because they went public not because of competitors, those same competitors always existed in neweggs space. Remember the old days when newegg made its name topping the price watch rankings? Newegg knew how to scrap for sales then. What is going on now is newegg has gone public and there is this huge push for growth and profit. And the only way they can grow is to start finding new customers and product, so now they sell rice cooker great, and the only way they can get more profit is to charge people more.

I agree with you that newegg has a far superior website, but prices are back and fourth while service is better at amazon.

Service is BY FAR better at Amazon. As of late I normally shop NewEgg to find what I want and buy it on Amazon if it is cheaper. The only thing I dont like about Amazon is that you have to have prime for decent shipping speed for the price where as NewEgg I can use shoprunner for free 2 day and I have had shoprunner for free for years.

Back